What's new

Japan: 50 years of the bullet train

Same shit isn't it? The earthquake was what caused the tsunami. So basically it's the same either ways you want to call it.

It's not the same, since the plant was designed to withstand the effects of earthquakes, but not the tsunami. In fact, an internal TEPCO report recognized the danger of the tsunami and urged management to take measures to protect the plant from seawater, but the report was ignored. Had preparation been done and countermeasures implemented, the meltdown would not have happened. But it did happen--because of the tsunami (seawater), not because of the earthquake.

TEPCO is a broken company that has been hiding this kind of incompetent mismanagement for decades, to a shocking degree. I cannot understand why TEPCO still exists as a going concern.

Same shit isn't it? The earthquake was what caused the tsunami. So basically it's the same either ways you want to call it.

Yes, you're truly very smart. Let the Japanese build it and later use the bus or the air. Very smart people out there.
Sacasm?

No. Im train's fan. Especially sleeping on the train. Train is very comfortable. 10 yrs ago, i board train in China from Xiamen to Shenzhen, it was a luxury experience.

Wow really is that long since the first dokaido shinkansen opened? I've heard the chuo shinkansen is going to be the world first linear speed train line right?? Really the overwhelming budget of higashinihon is admirable...

Current Thai train sucks.
Rape on thr train reported.

Currently Thailand is getting worse and wirse on all thing.
Rape and kills every where.

It's not the same, since the plant was designed to withstand the effects of earthquakes, but not the tsunami. In fact, an internal TEPCO report recognized the danger of the tsunami and urged management to take measures to protect the plant from seawater, but the report was ignored. Had preparation been done and countermeasures implemented, the meltdown would not have happened. But it did happen--because of the tsunami (seawater), not because of the earthquake.

TEPCO is a broken company that has been hiding this kind of incompetent mismanagement for decades, to a shocking degree. I cannot understand why TEPCO still exists as a going concern.
From design on is the plant a mistake. In the histroy, there was a earthquake and tsunami at the same time in 1677.Nov.04 (M8.0), 1894.Mar.22 (M8.2), 1933.Mar.3(M8.4), 1938.Nov.7(M7.3). Especially the earthquake 1894.Mar.22 it was almost the same place that in 2011. In the same city there were earthquakes with tsunami, and Japanese have no idea they should not build a plant in this place.

Wow really is that long since the first dokaido shinkansen opened? I've heard the chuo shinkansen is going to be the world first linear speed train line right?? Really the overwhelming budget of higashinihon is admirable...

Can you also tell us about the trains in South Korea ? Please and Thanks. :wub:

wishing one day, we can take high speed training from bangkok to kunming

When I was in Phuket Island in 2011, things seem not bad.
It is getting worse?

I think this will happen soon...
This line is discussed. It will start from Kunming, through Laos and finally arrive at Thailand..

wishing one day, we can take high speed training from bangkok to kunming

When I was in Phuket Island in 2011, things seem not bad.
It is getting worse?

I think this will happen soon...
This line is discussed. It will start from Kunming, through Laos and finally arrive at Thailand..

Now rape and kill case at Samui island.
Don't go Pa-ngan (พะงัน) and Samui (สมุย) islands. I heard that those place very dangerous, yet they do not disclose the news about local crimes. Phuket is Ok. I think.

overall, how much has Japan invested in the bullet train ?

What about PP island?
Should also OK?

Now rape and kill case at Samui island.
Don't go Pa-ngan (พะงัน) and Samui (สมุย) islands. I heard that those place very dangerous, yet they do not disclose the news about local crimes. Phuket is Ok. I think.

overall, how much has Japan invested in the bullet train ?
The question is how much the Japanese want to share their techs. As an example, Taiwan has imported the Shinkansen, but all toys have to be imported from Japan. The construction lasted for 8 years until 2015. Before 8 years there was only one line less than 200 km between Canton and Hongkong, but 8 years later there are 19000 km high speed rail way in China.

The speed up experience in China is different to any other countries. We speed up all lines to 120 kph first, then 160, finally 300+. This progress lasted about 10 years(1997-2007 from 44.8 kph to 160 kph). This progress is an successful example for India. In the investment bucket of China, there is a university to educate the Engineers locally, that is the most important element to operate a big rail way net. If this university is finally settled in India, the Shinkansen is definitely done forever. Maybe we should build another university in Africa.

Nothing special for this year but you may expect the next year when the donghae-nambu line reopens as a commuter line connecting korea's 2nd largest economic block. From busan through ulsan all the way up to po-hang (geez based on the initial plan they're supposed to open it in 90s!!) Don't know much about anything else sorry ww

Knowledge is the enemy of high prices. Patents are the friend of high prices.

I still cannot imagine, however, that there are still people in this world that hate knowledge and love patents.

Knowledge is the enemy of high prices. Patents are the friend of high prices.

I still cannot imagine, however, that there are still people in this world that hate knowledge and love patents.
I love patents except the moment I have to pay.....

The high speed rail in South Korea is supported by TGV.

The South Korea companies took part in the high speed rail research in Turkey now. I donot know where is the tech of KR inherited from, and they usually attract other countries to do some "waste money" researches, but KR shares its tech.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom