What's new

Janet Jackson converts to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cost of converting to Islam is all time high!!! :tdown:
What a shameful comment !
So you are trying to say that Jemaima khan(Billionaire's daughter),Kristiane Backer,Yvonne Ridley , Laurane booth embraced Islam for money ? Muslim man can marry christian woman, in this case j. Jackson can marry without changing her religion.

i have read many stories regarding conversion to islam with the nexus being that the person heard the azan somewhere got impressed bought a copy of the quran and it made sense,islam is more than this,we need a direct personal relation with god not to make headlines that well im am so and so and i converted,if the person really converted he would never tell,its like a secret,quran starts from the word alif and ends on the word naas...it is between alif and naas alif being allah and naas being man,man to god one on one.so basically quran is between man and god.

Guy is a billionaire and this is the best he could do? REALLY? Talk about setting your standards low...

The urge to evangelize is very strong in the Abrahamic religions--particularly Muslims and Christians.

Boy I had some experience last Sunday! Went to attend a friend's wife's funeral in a funeral home's chapel. The (presumably) Baptist Reverend, after quickly going through the dead lady's virtues, harangued about Christianity, Jesus, the lady's Christian faith, the Rapture, and urged any non-Christians to come to him after the visitation and confess to their sins and accept Jesus. The Reverend was loud, illogical, thumped the dais and the podium in his effort to convert. I sat through those 20-25 minutes, disgusted, rolling my eyes (to my American Baptist wife!). My dead friend's memory on that day was tainted by the idiotic evangelism. Later, even some of my Christian friends said that the Reverend was out of line.

Safety in numbers, I guess! It is not the 'soul' of somebody the evangelicals of all faiths try to 'save'.

The urge to evangelize is very strong in the Abrahamic religions--particularly Muslims and Christians.

Boy I had some experience last Sunday! Went to attend a friend's wife's funeral in a funeral home's chapel. The (presumably) Baptist Reverend, after quickly going through the dead lady's virtues, harangued about Christianity, Jesus, the lady's Christian faith, the Rapture, and urged any non-Christians to come to him after the visitation and confess to their sins and accept Jesus. The Reverend was loud, illogical, thumped the dais and the podium in his effort to convert. I sat through those 20-25 minutes, disgusted, rolling my eyes (to my American Baptist wife!). My dead friend's memory on that day was tainted by the idiotic evangelism. Later, even some of my Christian friends said that the Reverend was out of line.

Safety in numbers, I guess! It is not the 'soul' of somebody the evangelicals of all faiths try to 'save'.

By blaming the Abrahamic religions are you by any chance suggesting that evangelical aspects and missionaries are not present in Hinduism. And that the Hindus do not practice such methodologies.

This is either being naive or selective religion bashing.

By blaming the Abrahamic religions are you by any chance suggesting that evangelical aspects and missionaries are not present in Hinduism. And that the Hindus do not practice such methodologies.

Its more in islam than is other religions by a huge margin.

By saying that there is a strong urge to evangelize is a personal observation--don't call it 'bashing'. It is a purely subjective judgement and I could be wrong..or 'naive'.

Oh he did not blame going by his sentence, trying to read between the lines?

Since you bring Hindu faith in here, no the urge and practice is much less.. Believe or not!

Arya samaji,ISKCON etc.

I'm sure your forefathers did?

And btw no one BURNS their wives? If you're referring to ancient 'Sati' tradition then in that young widows would or were made to set themselves on fire after their husband's death. Which stopped like 400-500 years ago?

Btw do you still follow seventh century rules? Stone people to death? Kill apostates? and marry your sisters/cousins?

:coffee: :coffee:

Unfortunately it still happening bro

Sati in the Modern times
In general, before this custom was outlawed in 1829, there were a few hundred officially recorded incidences each year.
The efforts of Raja Rammohan Roy and other Hindu reformers greatly impacted the movement to outlaw this practice.
Even after the custom was outlawed, this custom did not vanish completely. It took few decades before this custom almost vanished
In 1987 an eighteen years old widow, Roop Kanwar, committed Sati in a village of Rajasthan
The 'Sati' version is that Roop told her father-in-law she wanted to commit Sati.
Roop was forced to commit Sati.
The case went to court, but no one was charged with her murder.
Even in the year 2000, you hear about Sati occurring in rural villages.

Unfortunately it still happening bro

Sati in the Modern times
In general, before this custom was outlawed in 1829, there were a few hundred officially recorded incidences each year.
The efforts of Raja Rammohan Roy and other Hindu reformers greatly impacted the movement to outlaw this practice.
Even after the custom was outlawed, this custom did not vanish completely. It took few decades before this custom almost vanished
In 1987 an eighteen years old widow, Roop Kanwar, committed Sati in a village of Rajasthan
The 'Sati' version is that Roop told her father-in-law she wanted to commit Sati.
Roop was forced to commit Sati.
The case went to court, but no one was charged with her murder.
Even in the year 2000, you hear about Sati occurring in rural villages.
Sati is not that prevalent now coz indians have become more sophisticated with increasing education and knowledge that instead of killing bahu they are able to kill daughters right in wombs.

Oh he did not blame going by his sentence, trying to read between the lines?

Since you bring Hindu faith in here, no the urge and practice is much less.. Believe or not!

Efforts aimed at re-conversion back to Hindu faith is such a major thing in India these days. And you are saying that the urge is less.

This is a bit surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom