What's new

Janes: China hopes to develop next-gen carriers

You're going to send the girls by mail? Dude, that's weird. Besides everyone knows that Purolator is better for that.
Am I old enough? I just turned 18 today. Instead of a birthday cake I want beaver pie.

If you are eighteen, you can have more than a beaver pie.

Have you heard of mail order bride? Well, I can get you a mail order gal. Since it is your birthday, it is free. That's the rule of the cathouse.

Oouch!We were snapped!

100327222283a3a337a9b26a7d.jpg

Photo credit and more from the thread below initiated by ChineseTiger1986:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/176516-chinese-prototype-electromagnetic-catapults-aircraft-carriers.html

You're going to send the girls by mail? Dude, that's weird. Besides everyone knows that Purolator is better for that.
Am I old enough? I just turned 18 today. Instead of a birthday cake I want beaver pie.

It's an infuriating that the drinking age in Vancouver is 19.

Hopefully it will be ready before 2030. Considering the problems with our engine developments, I don't have much confidence.

Our engine development is ok, don't listen to those so-called big shrimps from the CD forum, they are trying to fool you to believe they have the true inside information.

BTW, China's aircraft carrier is indeed nuclear + EMALS.

Imagine we have our own UCAV that is comparable to X-47B, so this needs to launch by EMALS, the steam capatult will tear any UCAV apart.

While you have the EMALS, the propulsion of the AC has to be nuclear, the QE class of UK is not practical, a small 65000 tons and conventional carrier is not what PLAN wants to acquire.

Our engine development is ok, don't listen to those so-called big shrimps from the CD forum, they are trying to fool you to believe they have the true inside information.

BTW, China's aircraft carrier is indeed nuclear + EMALS.

Imagine we have our own UCAV that is comparable to X-47B, so this needs to launch by EMALS, the steam capatult will tear any UCAV apart.

While you have the EMALS, the propulsion of the AC has to be nuclear, the QE class of UK is not practical, a small 65000 tons and conventional carrier is not what PLAN wants to acquire.

So our first indigenous carrier will be a nuclear carrier with EM cats? I thought we were going for 2 conventional carriers with steam cats first before going to nuclear with EM cats.

So our first indigenous carrier will be a nuclear carrier with EM cats? I thought we were going for 2 conventional carriers with steam cats first before going to nuclear with EM cats.

Have you listened to Senior Colonel Du Wenlong from the program "Focus Today" on CCTV?

This guy is more military insider than any "big shrimp" from the CD forum, he said that building the conventional carrier is a waste of money, since you gonna stick with that gas guzzler for 50 years of lifespan.

Yeah, he has confirmed that our aircraft carrier project will immediately jump towards the most advanced form of aircraft carrier.

Only the first one makes sense, the rests are just rubish.

The fugly Russian style island won't appear in our indigenous aircraft carriers.

The topic is very much heated up in Chinese Defense forums. There are a lot of discussions going around. Distant misty photoes of dockyards. The target launching date is 2020!

And from various sources, including your quote from the Sr Colonel Du Wenlong (pic) that the AC will be nuke-powered and EMALS abled!

01337_863629816071601878.jpg

The topic is very much heated up in Chinese Defense forums. There are a lot of discussions going around. Distant misty photoes of dockyards. The target launching date is 2020!

The initial plan is to launch our first CVN in 2020, now the plan has been changed as the earlier CV project has probably been cancelled.

So let's see what gonna happen exactly.

But other thing we gonna expect to see is that the Type 055 is scheduled to make its first appearance by the end of 2013 and the Type 052D will also be built by the Dalian shipyard.

The initial plan is to launch our first CVN in 2020, now the plan has been changed as the earlier CV project has probably been cancelled.

So let's see what gonna happen exactly.

But other thing we gonna expect to see is that the Type 055 is scheduled to make its first appearance by the end of 2013 and the Type 052D will also be built by the Dalian shipyard.

I've double checked. Previously completed Type 052D were built in Shanghai. Doesnt make sense to switch the shipyard to Dailian

I've double checked. Previously completed Type 052D were built in Shanghai. Doesnt make sense to switch the shipyard to Dailian

The new Type 052D will be built in the Dalian Shipyard, because the future Type 055 DDG needs to be built in two shipyards at least, so the second candidate must be the Dalian Shipyard.

But before building the Type 055, they need to learn how to build the Type 052D, since the Type 052D basically uses the same technology as the Type 055 except the Type 055 is 2 times larger.

Back
Top Bottom