What's new

Jamat out with a new trick

Mattrixx

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Out with a new trick?
Youths, law-enforcers find Jamaat turning religious sentiment against Shahbagh demonstration

With its back against the wall, Jamaat-e-Islami has resorted to a smear campaign against the Shahbagh youths, branding them as atheists, anti-Islamic and anti-social elements with the help of a few radical Islamist groups both in and outside the BNP-led 18-party alliance.

Through advertisements, reports in certain newspapers and rallies, efforts were being made to confuse people about the motive of the young organisers by tweaking religious sentiment of the people, alleged law enforcers and bloggers yesterday.

“All these are false and fabricated tales,” announced Imran H Sarkar, convener of Blogger and Online Activists Network, last night on behalf of all protesters, who camped at Shahbagh for the 15th day with the demand for maximum punishment for the convicts in war crimes trial.

As part of the smear campaign, Hefazat-e-Islam Bangladesh, a radical Islamist organisation based in Hathazari, Chittagong, got published a half-page advertisement in three newspapers yesterday with anti-Islamic contents, claiming those were posted on the internet by different bloggers. It claimed that the Shahbagh movement was against Islam.

Using such advertisements and reports in like-minded newspapers, the anti-liberation forces held protest rallies in Dhaka and Chittagong yesterday to counter the Shahbagh movement.

In a statement in the afternoon, Jamaat-e-Islami said, “The main objective of the Shahbagh protesters is to root out Islam from the country. They are involved in different anti-social activities there.”

Meanwhile, Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu said the government would not spare those who are hurting religious sentiments to create tension.

According to the law, it is a punishable offence to create tension by publishing provocative advertisements. And the organisations involved in such activities would be closed down as Youtube was shut in Bangladesh following the Ramu violence, said the minister.

“By spreading hate contents, they are dishonouring Prophet Muhammad [SM],” Inu said, adding that a meeting will be held today to decide on the issue.

Talking to The Daily Star yesterday, a top leader of Islami Andolon Bangladesh said Jamaat-e-Islami that has drawn public outrage is engaging Qaumi Madrasa-based radical Islamist groups to counter the Shahbagh movement by portraying it anti-Islamic.

They include Khelafat Majlish, Islami Oikya Jote and Olama Mashayekh Parishad.

The Shahbagh demonstrators yesterday strongly protested the advertisements and negative campaigns, and said the anti-liberation forces have chosen a path of hatred to demean Islam by using fake identities in the social media and shift the blame onto them.

Imran H Sarkar, a key organiser of the protest, said some media houses are branding the Shahbagh movement as anti-Islami and spreading lies about slain blogger Rajib Haidar, one of the organisers of the movement.

He said the Shahbagh protesters have nothing against any religion, as the movement is against the mass murderers of 1971.

Immediately after Rajib's murder, the anti-liberation forces launched a negative campaign to brand Rajib as an atheist, claiming he had posted offensive and anti-Islami contents on the internet, said bloggers involved in the movement.

While fingers are pointed at Jamaat-Shibir for the killing, the anti-liberation elements are trying hard to brand Rajib as an atheist to justify the murder and portray all Shahbagh protesters as anti-Islam.

Rajib's family members strongly condemned the attempts to portray him as an atheist.

Ali Haider Dewan, a relative of Rajib, said a conspiracy is being hatched to divert Rajib's killing to a different direction.

As part of a conspiracy against Rajib, someone hacked into his blog and posted controversial elements after his murder, said Dewan.

Meanwhile, Shamsuzzaman Dudu, an adviser to the BNP chairperson, alleged that the government is carrying out anti-Islami activities in the name of demonstrations by engaging a section of youths.

“These youths are being paid by the government to work as its agents,” Dudu, also general secretary of Jatiyatabadi Krishak Dal, said at a discussion.

In the capital, several hundred Jamaat activists under the banner of Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish brought out a procession from the Baitul Mukarram Mosque chanting slogans that the Shahbagh youths are atheists.

They circulated leaflets that said in the name of movement against war criminals, the youths are using Shahbagh for illegal activities and spreading anti-Islami ideas.

Later, police swung into action and dispersed them.

In Chittagong, a few hundred people under the banner of Bangladesh Khelafat Andolon staged a demonstration in Hathazari upazila, demanding death penalty for “the bloggers who insulted Islam”.

Locals said some people under the banner of Islami Oikya Jote circulated leaflets that read, “Foil the conspiracy of Awami atheists in the name of the Shahbagh movement, and resist all such movements across the country”.

Meanwhile, some people circulated a list of bloggers over mobile phones demanding death penalty for them.

Out with a new trick?

It's propaganda
Bloggers trash smear-campaign against them, vow to continue demonstration for maximum punishment to war criminals
Star Report

Shahbagh protesters yesterday firmly trashed the allegations published in different newspapers that the demonstrators are making derogatory comments about Islam.

They urged the nation not to believe the rumours.

Some media houses backed by the anti-liberation forces are publishing questionable, false and fabricated stories, but the people have rejected them, Imran H Sarker, one of the organisers of Shahbagh movement, said last night.

"We urge the countrymen to keep their eyes and ears open and not to be confused."

The Shahbagh demonstrator has not made any derogatory comment about any religion and they will never do so. he said. "We only have made derogatory comments about war criminals and collaborators."

The wave of patriotism will wash away propaganda, said Imran.

Three newspapers yesterday published a half-page advertisement of Hefazat-e-Islam Bangladesh, Darul Ulum Hathazari, Chittagong. The advertisement containing highly offensive texts, which looks like online post, claimed that the Shahbagh movement was against Islam.

The demonstrators started the protest on February 5 hours after Jamaat leader Abdul Quader Mollah was given life term by a war crimes tribunal. They demanded death penalty for war criminals.

Talking to reporters yesterday morning, Imran said they were thinking to take the movement to the grassroots.

Asked how long the 24-hour demonstration will continue, he said discussion is going on about this matter among bloggers, representatives of student and social organisations.

"If we can make a decision after the discussion, we might announce it in the grand rally on Thursday."

Meanwhile, like previous days, people from all walks of life irrespective of age, sex and class, gathered at the Intersection.

Many students from different schools, colleges and universities imbued with the spirit of 1971 yesterday thronged the venue since morning.

Eminent jurist Dr Kamal Hossain yesterday joining the demonstration said, "I am happy that even after four decades, the youths still keep alive the spirit of Liberation War spirit.”

Noted academician Jamilur Reza Choudhury said, "This generation once again proved that only the youths can give us directives in a time of national crisis."

Health and Family Welfare Minister AFM Ruhal Haque said a new Bangladesh will be emerged from the Shahbagh demonstration.

Talking to reporters at Shahbagh, lawmaker and cultural personality Asaduzzaman Noor said the people of Bangladesh now demand maximum punishment for war criminals. The young generation has opened up their eyes.

Another cultural personality, Nasiruddin Yousuff, demanded punishment to those running smear campaigns against the protesters.

The protesters declared to hold a grand rally at 3:00pm tomorrow.

Beside, they called upon the people to write letters commemorating the martyrs of the Liberation War and tie those to balloons and release in the air at 4:13pm on February 20. The Pakistani forces surrendered at the same moment on December 16, 1971.

They also demanded to construct Shaheed Minar at all the educational institutions across the country by February 21.

It's propaganda

1. The mainstream Islamic 'ulama in Bangladesh have legitimate concerns about the anti-Islamic blogs e.g. Rajeeb's one.

2. However they hate Maudoodi and Jamat and consider them heretics basically.

Notice none of them said anything much when Jamati leaders were imprisoned or Kader Molla was sentenced, or when the government announced their plans to ban Jamat. Deobandis don't really have a problem with that.

Deobandis, Fultolis, Ahlul Hadith all of them hate the 4.6% party that is Jamat.

;)

1. The mainstream Islamic 'ulama in Bangladesh have legitimate concerns about the anti-Islamic blogs e.g. Rajeeb's one.

2. However they hate Maudoodi and Jamat and consider them heretics basically.

Notice none of them said anything much when Jamati leaders were imprisoned or Kader Molla was sentenced, or when the government announced their plans to ban Jamat. Deobandis don't really have a problem with that.

Deobandis, Fultolis, Ahlul Hadith all of them hate the 4.6% party that is Jamat.

;)

Now jamat is spreading all the false propaganda to gather the sympathy of mainstream muslim communities.
Im imagining when jamat will be exposed what will be the reaction from these Islamist.

Now jamat is spreading all the fals propaganda to gather the sympathy of mainstream muslim communities.
Im imagining when jamat will be exposed what will be the reaction from these Islamist.

1. No Deobandi alim in Bangladesh I've heard of has spoken out against the war crimes trial.

2. No Deobandi alim in Bangladesh I've heard of has spoken out against the guilty verdicts against Jamati war criminals.

3. No Deobandi alim in Bangladesh I've heard of has spoken out against the possible banning of Jamat.

This shows the Islamic community in Bangladesh doesn't care about Jamat (in fact they hate it) despite what the Jamati supporters on this forum claim.

:lol:

However our people are Muslim and do not like to see our religion being attacked by bloggers.

The Awami League will never attack Deobandis (in fact the party itself is founded by a Deobandi...Maulana Bhashani) and will respect them just as they respect Tableeghis (who are Deobandi in doctrine basically). Even the Awami League see Deobandis as mainstream Bangladeshis, and legitimate people who should be respected.

1. No Deobandi alim in Bangladesh I've heard of has spoken out against the war crimes trial.

2. No Deobandi alim in Bangladesh I've heard of has spoken out against the guilty verdicts against Jamati war criminals.

3. No Deobandi alim in Bangladesh I've heard of has spoken out against the possible banning of Jamat.

This shows the Islamic community in Bangladesh doesn't care about Jamat (in fact they hate it) despite what the Jamati supporters on this forum claim.

:lol:

However our people are Muslim and do not like to see our religion being attacked by bloggers.

The Awami League will never attack Deobandis (in fact the party itself is founded by a Deobandi...Maulana Bhashani) and will respect them just as they respect Tableeghis (who are Deobandi in doctrine basically). Even the Awami League see Deobandis as mainstream Bangladeshis, and legitimate people who should be respected.

Now this is what i call is 'flogging a dead horse':lol:

You know very little about Islam (you even asked the difference between Sunni and Shia) whilst your Jamati brothers on this forum are basically calling me (a Hajji) a Hindu and implying I am a non-Muslim.

So you would have no understanding of the significance of this.

What you do understand is boasting about dating girls, showing girls avatars, taking French girls to the beach, being rich, a well-connected millionaires son. You are out of touch with my people and the society of my country.

You should learn more about Islam. Not the Shibir nonsense that people like Al-Zakir and M_Saint are on, whereby they insult people's families but the true Islam.

:)

i couldnt care less about shibir or jamaatis as long as BNP comes to power:smokin:. But the fact of the situation is BNP needs jamaat to come to power, so jamaat has my backing.

i couldnt care less about shibir or jamaatis as long as BNP comes to power:smokin:. But the fact of the situation is BNP needs jamaat to come to power, so jamaat has my backing.

Perfectly put. Short and to the point.

This is strange...BNP is a very much bigger political party with wider popularity base? Why BNP need Jamaat Party? I mean rather i feel Jamaat should need BNP blessing because Jamaat is a smaller party that the BNP...If i am wrong..then is there any different perception of BD public for BNP?

This is strange...BNP is a very much bigger political party with wider popularity base? Why BNP need Jamaat Party? I mean rather i feel Jamaat should need BNP blessing because Jamaat is a smaller party that the BNP...If i am wrong..then is there any different perception of BD public for BNP?

Jamaat is BNP's muscle.

If RAW was half as capable of doing the things you guys accuse them of, more than 5% of indians would know the name of it. As it stands, hardly any Indian even knows the name of this organization while everyone knows CIA, ISI, Mossad etc...

Back
Top Bottom