What's new

Jakarta 2020 and beyond

South Jakarta

Lebak Bulus.

Residential Areas. There is MRT depo in this location

Lebak Bulus has Carrefour Supermarket where many restaurants are present in first floor. The Carrefour Supermarket chain in Indonesia is owned by Indonesian businessman, Chaerul Tanjung. It is not French owned anymore.

(PS: I live in South Jakarta so understandable I cover this region more than any region in Jakarta)

There is drone view about Mataram park, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. I will try to make a post of several parks in Jakarta later.

Taman Mataram (Mataram park) in South Jakarta, Kebayoran Baru. This is near Al-Azhar Mosque. Kebayoran Baru is mostly residential areas. The areas is second elite housing areas in Jakarta after Menteng region, Central Jakarta. The areas is expensive since it is next to the heart of Jakarta, Central Jakarta CBD.

Menteng, Central Jakarta.

Suropati Park on Sunday ( Before Covid 19 pandemi )

Menteng Park

Situ (smal lake) Lembang, Menteng. PS: You can fish here

Another park in South Jakarta, Spatodhea park. Exact location is in Jagakarsa

South Jakarta

Pondok Indah
. Residential. Walking view

Pondok Indah Mall

Pondok Indah Hospital.

Last edited:
Hey is the escalator flat at time 8:14 for shopping cart access? We usually have to put carts in specially designed escalators to get around the issue.
although apparently some Ikeas uses flat ones.

Yup, that is right. It is always like that for any supermarket who happen to be in second floor or underground floor. There is no special cart access, never seen that kind of thing in Jakarta.

South Jakarta.

Kebayoran Baru

Mayestik Market.

It is considered as traditional market and has been operated since long time ago. It is owned by Jakarta local government. local government is operating many traditional markets across Jakarta and I bring this market since I also like the market environment and the food vendors, and since I also live in South Jakarta so I am quite familiar with the market as well.

The location is in Kebayoran Baru which is an elite residential areas in Jakarta, so understandable if the price is a bit higher compared to other traditional market in Indonesia, but cheaper than modern market like Supermarket and Malls.

You can buy anything here, from vegetables, fish, fresh meat, cloths, carpets, shoes, jewelry, books, traditional medicine, modern medicine, etc. It has great street food vendors and there are many relatively cheap restaurants inside the main building. I think this place should be visited if you happen to stay at hotels in South Jakarta.

There is underground car parks as well available in the market complex.

Access

You can use many form of transportation to get here and the region in Kebayoran Baru still allow three wheels vehicle like Tuk Tuk as well, we call it Bajaj. There is also BRT system next to the market and we call it as Transjakarta (Busway)

Last edited:
West Jakarta

Hasyim Ashari Mosque
and the surrounding. The colorful buildings there are apartments for lower income people.

South Jakarta

Kebayoran Baru
(Mostly residential)

Barito Animal Market

Barito street where there is traditional animal market and street food vendors. The place is near Mayestic and still part of Kebayoran Baru region.

The video was taken during rush hour, most probably at 8 or 9 PM, working days. You can see one sided traffic, showing South Jakarta cars try to reach down town, Jakarta CBD in Central Jakarta. Jakarta only gets heavy traffic during rush hours, working days (7-9 AM and 5-7 PM). So outside those hours and during Saturday/Sunday, Jakarta has much less traffic.

Last edited:
Jakarta City Indonesia (Driving, Walking, Flying Through Downtown)

Indonesian overall favor living in a house rather than in apartment. This condition happen across Indonesia, including in big cities like Jakarta, Surabaya, Medan, etc. In one side it shows inefficiency in land usage, but due to the emergence of solar panel technology this condition can produce huge positive effect in term of electricity generator. Not to mention, Indonesia is located in equator where the sun shines along the year.

After 2030 Indonesia economy will likely become more efficient if majority of people use solar panel in their house. Currently Indonesia state owned electricity monopoly, PT PLN, allow solar panel user to integrate into their system so there will be export and import of electricity going on within one house.

Example of Indonesian who want to add more solar panel in his house. This guy already has solar panel that can produce 4800 watt electricity and he wants to add another 4800 watts. He said in other video that he can make good amount of money by exporting the electricity to PT PLN.

And we dont need to import the solar panel and the necessary equipment since our state owned electronics company, PT LEN Industry, can make them.

LEN Industry solar panel being used in PT Pertamina gas station (majority of gas station in Indonesia is Pertamina gas station or individuals cooperating with Pertamina )

Last edited:
South Jakarta

Kemang (Residential)

Drone view

Pedestrian

South Jakarta

Langsat Park, Mayestik, Kebayoran Baru

Another park in South Jakarta, the exact location is in Jagakarsa

Tabebuya Park

Semanggi, Sudirman CBD (Central Business District), Central Jakarta

North Jakarta

Sunter