What's new

Jakarta 2020 and beyond

@Indos I read the news few years ago that Indonesia is planning to relocate the capital city. How is the progress on it? And what is the reason for Indonesia to initiate this idea? Thanks.

It is being halt due to pandemic related economic recession we are currently experiencing. I think the project will not be started until we are getting back to normal again economically. Despite so, I am against the plan at least until 2030 since in my opinion the fund can be better spend for improving Sumatra infrastructure and also agricultural project in Kalimantan. These are pressing issue at the moment and can give more multiplier effect than building a new capital city in Kalimantan island. Sumatra is ideal for manufacturing company with export orientation since the location is next to Malacca strait, so building Sumatra infrastructure is vital for our country to become more competitive in this very competitive region (RCEP).

The reasons to move our capital city have been given by Jaka45 above and the main reason is to balance economic development between Java and non Java and also put our capital city in a more neutral location (right in the center of our archipelago). Kalimantan island (Borneo) is also still less populated with most land there are still in the form of jungle.

1609383652711.png

Here the proposed designs :

Last edited:
Lapangan Banteng (Banteng Park). Central Jakarta, quite close with Istiqlal Mosque, President Palace, and Monas Monument.

The location is quite iconic that also prompt our musician to play music there

Last edited:
Jakarta International Stadium (JIS) progress. The two football field for practice have been completed. The facilities will make Jakarta have more football fields and open space for sport and recreation.

Football field can also make water from rain gets absorbed into the soil that can help increase ground water volume. Land sinking problem is due to decrease of ground water volume that is caused by two factors, first is because the majority of soil in Jakarta has been covered by concrete like buiding and asphalt, and second is the minimal tap water usage by population in the city that make them use ground water instead.

Jakarta has made a program to improve our tap water supply and infrastructure so that Jakartan dont need to get water directly from the groundwater anymore in 2025. Ground water execisive extortion and soil that cannot absorb water from rain is the main problem of Jakarta sinking problem. Jakarta IMO can solve this issue by at least having 95 % tap water usage and more open space both in the public space and private property by imposing law to obligate all private house and office building to have adquate garden space. Garden can absorb water easily if rain comes.

Last edited:
Central Jakarta, Business District

North Jakarta

JIS Stadium Progress

Comparison between provinces nominal GDP in ASEAN that include Singapore (city state) as well. This is based on current data (2019) while the rest are projection based on the trend history. Jakarta is included.

Last edited:
It is being halt due to pandemic related economic recession we are currently experiencing. I think the project will not be started until we are getting back to normal again economically. Despite so, I am against the plan at least until 2030 since in my opinion the fund can be better spend for improving Sumatra infrastructure and also agricultural project in Kalimantan. These are pressing issue at the moment and can give more multiplier effect than building a new capital city in Kalimantan island. Sumatra is ideal for manufacturing company with export orientation since the location is next to Malacca strait, so building Sumatra infrastructure is vital for our country to become more competitive in this very competitive region (RCEP).

The reasons to move our capital city have been given by Jaka45 above and the main reason is to balance economic development between Java and non Java and also put our capital city in a more neutral location (right in the center of our archipelago). Kalimantan island (Borneo) is also still less populated with most land there are still in the form of jungle.

View attachment 701766

Here the proposed designs :

Thanks for the illustration.

I think it is very common that in a developing country, the capital city is shouldering too many economy responsibilities, which may make its nearby cities/regions suffer a lot.

That's also the situation in China: Beijing as the capital city has become too big. That's why the government is investing to build Xiong'an as the "2nd capital city"

Istiqlal Mosque, biggest mosque in South East Asia. Central Jakarta.

More view about Istiqlal Mosque. The mosque has undergone renovation. It is the first renovation after 42 years.

Some animals that you think cannot be seen in Jakarta.

I still can see this animal, just Today I also see it. South Jakarta to be exact.

1610102992086.png

This is also often seen, particularly at night. Houses that has tree with fruits are their perfect location

1610103080603.png

In East Jakarta we still can see this bird flying, particularly in Halim.

1610103181302.png

This can be seen in thousand islands, maybe people live near the beach in North Jakarta often see it as well

1610103257990.png

Last edited:
In Serpong, there is also Summarecon which are occupied by second generation Jakartan migrant (first migration during Soeharto era) and mostly use for resident only. Land in Jakarta is already expensive and most people dont like to live in apartment if they have already marriage and want to raise their own family. There are many residential project like this around Jakarta, later maybe I would like to bring Sentul.

Summarecon, Serpong, Tanggerang

BSD, Jakarta sub-urban. Many people from Jakarta lives here since Jakarta land is already quite expensive. Younger people build their family here. The post I quoted show the housing condition while this one is the place where they are shopping.

North Jakarta

Another new project in Jakarta coastal area (next to the sea)

1610564420427.png

Current progress, December 2020

Last edited:
Jakarta administration try to make more green park every where. Under current Jakarta governor for instant in 2019 they have build around 48 new green park and in 2020 there are additional 52 green park being built in Jakarta.

Jakarta administration try to make more green park every where. Under current Jakarta governor for instant in 2019 they have build around 48 new green park and in 2020 there are additional 52 green park being built in Jakarta.

Taman Mataram (Mataram park) in South Jakarta, Kebayoran Baru. This is near Al-Azhar Mosque. Kebayoran Baru is mostly residential areas. The areas is second elite housing areas in Jakarta after Menteng region, Central Jakarta. The areas is expensive since it is next to the heart of Jakarta, Central Jakarta CBD.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom