What's new

Jakarta 2020 and beyond

@Indos I am in love with Jakarta now.

My travel destination was always KL. I'm going to change it for Jakarta.

Where do you currently live bro ? Maybe I can give you some advice if you want to visit Jakarta.

You can stay at Hotels in Business District, Central Jakarta, or maybe prefer affordable hotel in South Jakarta like Swiss Belhotel Pondok Indah. There is Pondok Indah Plaza near it that you can reach by walking and can get many affordable food like KFC, McDonalds, or local food like Padang Restauran (Sederhana Restauran) there.

KFC restaurant in Pondok Indah Plaza 1
01df4512c95296144f1c9d20fdf62b34.jpg

There is Pondok Indah Mall which is one of the best Mall in South Jakarta that you can get through Transjakarta bus stop that is just in front of the hotel. There is Hero supermarket inside Pondok Indah Mall as well. And the hotel is also close to Carrefour Supermarket that can be reached by walking. Jakarta MRT stop is also close and can be reached by walking as well. You can go to Sudirman business district by MRT.

Pondok Indah is an elite housing complex in South Jakarta and very comfortable environment to do walking or jogging with your wife or kids every morning.

There are many delicious street foods as well at night in Radio Dalam which is not far from Pondok Indah.

Swiss Belhotel Pondok Indah

Pondok Indah Mall, South Jakarta

There are 3 mosques in Pondok Indah and the most popular one is Pondok Indah Mosque (Masjid Pondok Indah) with uses Indonesia architecture. From Swiss Belhotel you can use Transjakarta bus to reach the mosque.

Pondok Indah Mosque (Masjid Pondok Indah)-next to Pondok Indah Mall
images%2B%25283%2529.jpeg

There are food vendors as well selling Indonesian foods inside the mosque complex.

Other mosque is behind Pondok Indah Mall 2 and the third one is near Bakti Mulya School.

Bakti Mulya School (kindergarten and elementary school) - Junior and Senior High School is outside Pondok Indah but still very near the housing complex. The school is quite Islamic and two of my sister daughters studied in here.

Near the school there is also some kind of shopping center, people call it Fitria, located in Gedung Hijau street, and there are many foods vendor there. They are organized and clean. From Bell Hotel Pondok Indah people can use Gojek or Grab car to get there.

1259459_PR-GaWjgq9q0NHa7WCr2O7X678Vz5BA7xwiU-QNU3V8.jpg

Last edited:
Jarkata isn't worth it. Gridlock mess and crime ridden. Bali is great.

Contrary to popular believe Jakarta is very safe for personal records. Even homicide and robbery case is very low much lower compared to Bangkok and Seoul.

https://www.aseantoday.com/2019/09/...dex-but-does-that-mean-residents-are-at-risk/

https://knoema.com/atlas/Indonesia/topics/Crime-Statistics/Homicides/Homicides?mode=amp

https://knoema.com/atlas/Indonesia/...Car-Theft-and-Housebreaking/Burglary?mode=amp

Dont forget to Al Azhar Mosque complex as well. Accessible through MRT and Transjakarta bus (Busway). Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. The calligraphy inside the mosque is really beautiful.

Inside Al-Azhar Mosque, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.

There are many delicious street food as well in Al Azhar Mosque complex, which can you found on the road behind Al Azhar Mosque complex. Many cars are parked there as well. Very convenience and peaceful environment with lot of trees. The first floor of the mosque is only opened during Friday prayer. There are kindergarten, primary school, and university in the complex which are own by Al Azhar Foundation.

I think Indonesia is a good example of fusing Islamic influence with modern culture. By 2050, it will probably be one of the top 5 largest economies in the world.

Old Port, Sunda Kelapa. North Jakarta. You can also rent a small boat in here, just for fun.

Its not popular believe, I have been there. Stayed a while plus plenty of Malaysian expat working there. You are ignoring street theft and being mugged. 53/60th cities surveyed. Is not top ten best, its top 10 worst. Did you even read the article? Outside places like Kalimantan is very safe, while Bali is full of plainclothes policemen which I think could the reason of the low crime rate there. I think the first time i in Jarkata, i remember have been told not to wind down the car window during a traffic jam, because you know.

Its not popular believe, I have been there. Stayed a while plus plenty of Malaysian expat working there. You are ignoring street theft and being mugged. 53/60th cities surveyed. Is not top ten best, its top 10 worst. Did you even read the article? Outside places like Kalimantan is very safe, while Bali is full of plainclothes policemen which I think could the reason of the low crime rate there. I think the first time i in Jarkata, i remember have been told not to wind down the car window during a traffic jam, because you know.

When did you come to Jakarta ?

When did you come to Jakarta ?
More than 10 years back, I know some people who still travels to Jarkata, either working there or transit to Kalimantan. They mostly are work for oil palm companies. So its hard to scam me. Even my parents went to Jarkata before.

I am living on Jakarta back to back Saitama for at least 20 years, there is not much problem to me , my family and friends. The only problem is at least five years ago when someone doing credit card scams against my ex fiancee there.

I am living on Jakarta back to back Saitama for at least 20 years, there is not much problem to me , my family and friends. The only problem is at least five years ago when someone doing credit card scams against my ex fiancee there.
Perhaps you are living in a good neighborhood, otherwise Jarkata crime rate is much higher than you think. The only improvement i see is the local perception of crime rate, and that also includes perception of corruption. Indonesian propaganda public relations have improved significantly over the years by linking itself with "democracy" and "freedom". Suddenly everything smells better.

Perhaps you are living in a good neighborhood, otherwise Jarkata crime rate is much higher than you think. The only improvement i see is the local perception of crime rate, and that also includes perception of corruption. Indonesian propaganda public relations have improved significantly over the years by linking itself with "democracy" and "freedom". Suddenly everything smells better.

Nope at all, well i can said Kuala lumpur is much worse where it came to criminal Rates, not only that KL is too having far far lower population compared to Jakarta. I been scammed there in my second visit during my high school year

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom