What's new

Jakarta 2020 and beyond

Indonesia is one of the safest country in the world.

Ranked 17th worldwide.

Second safest country just after Singapore in SE Asia.

upload_2020-7-24_10-4-24-png.654070

Welcome to Indonesia!!!

I'm glad to have a new friend from India.

I have some.

Well, a little bit of promotion:

Indonesia is a tropical archipelago in the equator.

Islands, beaches, lush jungles, as well as exotic cultures.

Nothing like this in the world.

I can say Indonesia is a safe country, is actually one of the world's safest countries.

We have Australian, Chinese, Korean, and many more here in Indonesia.

It's very normal to meet them on the street.
Thanks @Menthol, my wife and I will be visiting next year after covid cools down; our honeymoon got postponed due to this covid.
Though I like beaches, I'm more of a jungles and mountains kinda guy
But indonesia has all of them :-)
Looking forward to experience indonesia.

Isn't it better for him to go to Singapore? There is quite a lot of Indian there, and they use English in Singapore, while in Indonesia he need to learn Bahasa Indonesia and in Indonesia there is customs or things that he need to learn and accept. There won't be much culture shock if he chose Singapore over Indonesia.

Btw, Indian Kampoeng(village) in Medan, Indonesia.
More of a Linguistic shock than a culture shock, I think.
Anyway recently I saw this movie: Foxtrot Six; I was surprised it was in English

Mangrove trees in Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta

LRT (Light Rapid Transit) curve bridge, the longest in Asia, designed and built by Indonesian. The curve bridge is located in Central Jakarta.

One of example of Football field for community in Jakarta. Free of charge.

There is park in Senayan district, Central Jakarta, there is mushola (praying room) and also some coffee shop inside. A good place to hang out. There are several Hotels in Senayan district and I think the nearest one to the park is Century Park Hotel, you just can explore Senayan easily if you stays at that Hotel.

1598424902917.png

1598425028531.png

1598424928504.png
1598424957069.png
1598424991243.png

People also like to play sport around Senayan Sport Complex, near the park.
1598425101206.png

Near the area, there is Mustopo and Binus University. There are many good street food around Mustopo University.

Last edited:
There is unique Caffe in Jakarta called Arborea Cafe, special menu there are Mie Aceh (Aceh noodle dish) and nasi goreng hijau. You can find special Indonesian Coffe as well there. The caffe is inside green park in Jakarta, local government called it as Arboratum forest. The menu served there are all Indonesian dish.

The place is in Manggala Wanabakti Complex, Gatot Subroto street, South Jakarta. Pretty much is in down town Jakarta.

In Buperta, East Jakarta, there is Mountain Bike track that is quite challenging. It cover 210 hectare where the majority is for green areas. It usually uses for camping for Pramuka (boy scout). The place is known as Bumi Perkemahan Cibubur or in English it can be translated as Cibubur Camping area.

There is also lake in Buperta and I think kids will be happy playing around the areas, you can rent a boat as well.

Cilandak, South Jakarta.

Cilandak is mostly a resident area in South Jakarta but the areas around main road there is also filled with office buildings.

Resident Areas

Many people working in Jakarta actually live outside Jakarta, like in Cinere and Bintaro which border South Jakarta.

Cinere, Depok, West Java

Bintaro, Tanggerang, Banten

BSD (Bumi Serpong Damai), Tangerang, Banten.

Last edited:
Jakarta from different angle, residence areas and offices. Outside main business district

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom