What's new

Jakarta 2020 and beyond

Nope at all, well i can said Kuala lumpur is much worse where it came to criminal Rates, not only that KL is too having far far lower population compared to Jakarta. I been scammed there in my second visit during my high school year
I have no problem on what you think but I don't sugar coat Kuala Lumpur. If you are unaware of Jakarta crime problem, here.
https://www.osac.gov/Content/Report/4c6d89b4-5214-4bb0-aa48-180df9f9e648
Here is Malaysia.
https://www.osac.gov/Country/Malaysia/Content/Detail/Report/148f55ab-9111-47ef-99e4-1811a5d28a20

Its many samseng in kl and sarawak too..it same with penang and klantan..
https://databoks.katadata.co.id/dat...karta-lebih-aman-dari-kuala-lumpur-dan-manila
Jakarta is more safety than kl and manila

Sorry in bahasa
Numbeo statistics are unreliable, they are based on anonymous survey. I don't know how you will get into trouble with Malaysian gangs unless you are being a retard or dealing with black economy.

I have no problem on what you think but I don't sugar coat Kuala Lumpur. If you are unaware of Jakarta crime problem, here.
https://www.osac.gov/Content/Report/4c6d89b4-5214-4bb0-aa48-180df9f9e648
Here is Malaysia.
https://www.osac.gov/Country/Malaysia/Content/Detail/Report/148f55ab-9111-47ef-99e4-1811a5d28a20

Numbeo statistics are unreliable, they are based on anonymous survey. I don't know how you will get into trouble with Malaysian gangs unless you are being a retard or dealing with black economy.
Its not including a racist problem between malay with keling,malay with chinesse,keling with chinesse..
I have many relative in penang and sarawak..and i have go to there mostly 3 or 4 time a year.. so yes i know what happen in there..
True is malaysia have multiple problem right know..as i talk to my relative in there.. you all need to solve this problem quick..it was a time bomb,and when explode its will be worst.. much worst than what happen in Indonesia 1998

I have always wanted to visit Indonesia, such a beautiful place.
My friend went there for honeymoon and sent me pics. I fell in love.
The climate is seems very similar to my native Kerala, just the way I like it.
Considering that hindu nationalist/ radicals have taken over india I was considering moving to singapore but maybe indonesia is an option too?? I'm christian btw.
But what worries me is the massive violence seen in indonesia in the past towards certain minorities; how's the situation now?

Considering that hindu nationalist/ radicals have taken over india I was considering moving to singapore but maybe indonesia is an option too?? I'm christian btw.
But what worries me is the massive violence seen in indonesia in the past towards certain minorities, esp. in the past.
Its different know.. its much more peacefull in Indonesia rather than 20 years ago..
If you a catholic you can go to Jakarta cathedral.. its face to face with Istiqlal mosque

Its not including a racist problem between malay with keling,malay with chinesse,keling with chinesse..
I have many relative in penang and sarawak..and i have go to there mostly 3 or 4 time a year.. so yes i know what happen in there..
True is malaysia have multiple problem right know..as i talk to my relative in there.. you all need to solve this problem quick..it was a time bomb,and when explode its will be worst.. much worst than what happen in Indonesia 1998
Well that is not unique to Malaysia. In fact Indonesia has the same problem with racism. I heard the "excuses". Indonesian have gangs too, some even with ties with the politics and government. I don't know why Indonesian here are "try hards" trying to portray their country as a utopia, just like Indians. Only some are honest.

Well that is not unique to Malaysia. In fact Indonesia has the same problem with racism. I heard the "excuses". Indonesian have gangs too, some even with ties with the politics and government. I don't know why Indonesian here are "try hards" trying to portray their country as a utopia, just like Indians. Only some are honest.

Don't bring India they are not relevan here

Myself Never Deny about Jakarta still lacking, but look at relevan facts, you said Jakarta is not save but me and other argue with statistick facts from third party record that Jakarta actually much safer even compared to Bangkok and Kuala lumpur, meanwhile your argument just only based your own experiences in which myself and other here can't prove is your testimonial actually a reality or not or even you had visited Jakarta or not. Actually you don't bring much into discussion here, typical Singkek Malay lah kata orang disini.

No need to reply guys, some members here are known as being jealous to our country development :D

Just keep this thread clean from any argument. Maybe I can ask Mod to clean this thread later.

Myself Never Deny about Jakarta still lacking, but look at relevan facts, you said Jakarta is not save but me and other argue with statistick facts from third party record that Jakarta actually much safer even compared to Bangkok and Kuala lumpur, meanwhile your argument just only based your own experiences in which myself and other here can't prove is your testimonial actually a reality or not or even you had visited Jakarta or not. Actually you don't bring much into discussion here, typical Singkek Malay lah kata orang disini.

Even he admitted that he never got any bad experience when he was in Jakarta. And it was the experience 10 years ago. But later he edited the statement by saying "it is hard to scam me."

Jakarta MRT.

Just look on how Indonesian use MRT during morning rush hour. Walking from his house in Fatmawati, South Jakarta, into MRT station and then use MRT to go to Sudirman business district, Central Jakarta.

The video was taken in March last year (before Covid 19). You can see the streets are quite crowded, but for tourist you can enjoy Jakarta by avoiding traveling during rush hour or have Hotel near either MRT or BRT station.

The video was taken during early operation of MRT so the passengers are still quite few.

Last edited:

You are bringing in article that uses unreliable statistic from Numbeo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbeo
In 2012, Columnist Alistair Walsh suggested in an article written for the website Property Observer, that Numbeo's information is based on what people say and should be taken with grain of salt.[9] There is no third party check or audit on the accuracy of data.

Comparison against other international city data sources conducted by Ray Woodcock in 2017 suggested that Numbeo might be inaccurate on a city level, while on a country level it is more accurate.[10]

No need to reply guys, some members here are known as being jealous to our country development :D

Just keep this thread clean from any argument. Maybe I can ask Mod to clean this thread later.

Even he admitted that he never got any bad experience when he was in Jakarta. And it was the experience 10 years ago. But later he edited the statement by saying "it is hard to scam me."
Jealous? Indonesian here have ego problems. You asked me about Najib, I didn't sugar coat corruption in Malaysia. Sure i was there 10 years ago, I should remind you I have associates that still works in Jarkata and Kalimantan. Jarkata crime is high, and non of you admit. Corruption is high, non of you admit. This is not a competition who is better. Either you are ignorant of your own country, or you deliberately misleading people.

Jealous? Indonesian here have ego problems. You asked me about Najib, I didn't sugar coat corruption in Malaysia. Sure i was there 10 years ago, I should remind you I have associates that still works in Jarkata and Kalimantan. Jarkata crime is high, and non of you admit. Corruption is high, non of you admit. This is not a competition who is better. Either you are ignorant of your own country, or you deliberately misleading people.

Najib corruption is well documented in many international outlet, no place to hide anymore although we need to wait for the court to decide.

Talking about Indonesia. We have one of the best anti corruption institution in the world called KPK since early 2000 and western world also admitted the fact. The corruption was still high 10 years ago where even I have to pay some money (not much actually) to renew my ID card, but thing have change a lot now, the civil servants now are getting better in their service and treat us quite good. Civil servant salary also been increased quite a lot as well. Many Indonesian members can be a witness.

Anti Coruption campaign needs time to drastically change corrupt Indonesia and many leaders like Jokowi (Jakarta Governor), Ridwan Kamil (West Java governor), Risma (Surabaya Major) have fasten that reformation and also press institutions and Anti Corruption civil society like ICW have done a lot. Things have changed dramatically and you still hold the perception people hold 10 years ago about corruption in Indonesia. But we still admit that a lot of work still need to be done.

Lol Malaysia crime is also considered as High according to US embassy, despite US itself has huge criminal activity as well. I get the feeling that foreigners are usually bias, particularly the one who has some sort of inferiority complex when seeing other developing nation get more developed.

"The U.S. Department of State has assessed Kuala Lumpur as being a HIGH-threat location for crime directed at or affecting official U.S. government interests. This includes around-the-clock street crime that occurs primarily in densely populated urban centers and affects locals and foreigners alike. The most common crimes include petty theft (particularly purse snatching and pickpocketing), smash-and-grab thefts from vehicles, and residential burglaries. Violent and more serious crimes are considerably less common. Other types of common non-violent criminal activity include credit card fraud, ATM-skimming, and cybercrime."

@Shantanu_Left bro you have been to Jakarta before, can you give more neutral opinion about Jakarta crime level whether you feel safe or not when you were in here ? And can you tell us when did you come to Jakarta. You also can try to compare Jakarta with Kuala Lumpur as well based on the crime level that you have experience.

Najib corruption is well documented in many international outlet, no place to hide anymore although we need to wait for the court to decide.

Talking about Indonesia. We have one of the best anti corruption institution in the world called KPK since early 2000 and western world also admitted the fact. The corruption was still high 10 years ago where even I have to pay some money (not much actually) to renew my ID card, but thing have change a lot now, the civil servants now are getting better in their service and treat us quite good. Civil servant salary also been increased quite a lot as well. Many Indonesian members can be a witness.

Anti Coruption campaign needs time to drastically change corrupt Indonesia and many leaders like Jokowi (Jakarta Governor), Ridwan Kamil (West Java governor), Risma (Surabaya Major) have fasten that reformation and also press institutions and Anti Corruption civil society like ICW have done a lot. Things have changed dramatically and you still hold the perception people hold 10 years ago about corruption in Indonesia. But we still admit that a lot of work still need to be done.

Lol Malaysia crime is also considered as High according to US embassy, despite US itself has huge criminal activity as well. I get the feeling that foreigners are usually bias, particularly the one who has some sort of inferiority complex when seeing other developing nation get more developed.
I won't touch Indonesian corruption, but i will say this "newspapers are for peasants". Foreigners are less bias than locals because the travel to different cities, so they can compare. Locals are always biased towards their own country and most don't even traveled. If this is me about inferiority complex, why are are your compatriots denying Jakarta have crime problem?

upload_2020-7-21_22-54-33.png

I won't touch Indonesian corruption, but i will say this "newspapers are for peasants". Foreigners are less bias than locals because the travel to different cities, so they can compare. Locals are always biased towards their own country and most don't even traveled. If this is me about inferiority complex, why are are your compatriots denying Jakarta have crime problem?

View attachment 653107
Did you actually read the report? One of the indicators of the personal safety ranking you mentioned is the impacts of natural disasters on population. With such indicator, obviously Jakarta's ranking would drop as Jakarta is prone to natural disasters.

https://safecities.economist.com/safe-cities-index-2019/

Why don't you focus on the index crime per 100,000 population instead?

Jakarta metropolitan area's index crimes was 109. That is based on the Greater Jakarta Metro of the Indonesian National Police data.

https://metro.sindonews.com/berita/...-32614-kasus-kriminalitas-di-polda-metro-jaya

Meanwhile, Kuala Lumpur's index crimes in 2019 was 618.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nat...angan-a-look-at-malaysia039s-crime-per-capita

From the data, we can conclude Kuala Lumpur is 6 times more dangerous than Jakarta in terms of crimes. No one would deny that Kuala Lumpur is richer, but you should accept your urban crime is more rampant.

But what worries me is the massive violence seen in indonesia in the past towards certain minorities; how's the situation now?

Welcome to Indonesia!!!

I'm glad to have a new friend from India.

I have some.

Well, a little bit of promotion:

Indonesia is a tropical archipelago in the equator.

Islands, beaches, lush jungles, as well as exotic cultures.

Nothing like this in the world.

I can say Indonesia is a safe country, is actually one of the world's safest countries.

We have Australian, Chinese, Korean, and many more here in Indonesia.

It's very normal to meet them on the street.

Isn't it better for him to go to Singapore? There is quite a lot of Indian there, and they use English in Singapore, while in Indonesia he need to learn Bahasa Indonesia and in Indonesia there is customs or things that he need to learn and accept. There won't be much culture shock if he chose Singapore over Indonesia.

Btw, Indian Kampoeng(village) in Medan, Indonesia.

Back
Top Bottom