What's new

"Jahesh-700", Iran's first turbofan engine

If the engine is for real, then congratulations to Iran,. Fantastic achievement. Question is, why is Iran so much more successful that Pakistan in developing core technologies ? What can Pakistan learn from Iran.

I doubt that the engine uses single crystal blade technology, not even the chinese with all their effort, have managed to crack that problem, but still damn impressive.

Pakistan has some success stories, but Irans work seems to be more home grown and organic. They struggle to translate some of the technology to weapons platforms, but they still have a fairly high success rate.

Pakistan should look to develop more relations with Iran, esp in R&D as that is for sure Irans strong point. Since we have shaken off the baggage of "sensitivity" to Saudia Arabia/UAE as they have shaken off the rights of the Kashmiris, we should look to the future for sure.
Interesting times for sure.

Last edited:
China on their turbofan engines already used 3rd generation Chinese single crystal superalloys..

Chinese third and second generations
DD9 turbine blade.jpg

DD6 turbine blade.jpg

I doubt that the engine uses single crystal blade technology, not even the chinese with all their effort, have managed to crack that problem, but still damn impressive.

It has confirmed to use single crystal blade technology. By God's grace, Iran has achieved this great feat. The next step will be the development of larger turbofans. This is a herculean tasks, but no task is too high for Iranians.

what is the status?

150 seat airliner program currently abandoned for many reasons:

1. Financial problems
2. We need to develop a reliable high bypass turbofan engine first then design the aircraft ...

So they change the plans and returned to IrAn140 program and did some extensions in dimensions and design of the aircraft ...

It has confirmed to use single crystal blade technology. By God's grace, Iran has achieved this great feat. The next step will be the development of larger turbofans. This is a herculean tasks, but no task is too high for Iranians.

Next step is not a will !!!

Already happened and it's going to power first Iranian designed fighter jet !

Irans Mapna group advertises its ability to manufacture superalloy single crystal gas turbine blades,so I wouldnt be too quick to discount the possibilty.

" The casting shop has the ability to provide its customers with Ni and Co based superalloy products under vacuum (VIM) and non-vacuum (IM) conditions up to 150 Kg with equiaxed, Directional Solidification (DS) and Single Crystal (SX) grain structures. "

http://www.mapnablade.com/en/Ability/ریخته-گری

If the engine is for real, then congratulations to Iran,. Fantastic achievement. Question is, why is Iran so much more successful that Pakistan in developing core technologies ? What can Pakistan learn from Iran.

Pakistan has some success stories, but Irans work seems to be more home grown and organic. They struggle to translate some of the technology to weapons platforms, but they still have a fairly high success rate.

Pakistan should look to develop more relations with Iran, esp in R&D as that is for sure Irans strong point. Since we have shaken off the baggage of "sensitivity" to Saudia Arabia/UAE as they have shaken off the rights of the Kashmiris, we should look to the future for sure.
Interesting times for sure.

Iran has loads of students at western universities. The same is not true for Pakistan and Turkey. At my university there are dozens of Iranian students in engineering.

@Figaro is this true?
This is incorrect. The WS-10 already employs the second generation DD6 single crystal superalloys. In the early 2010s, the Chinese had manufacturing yields of roughly 70% ... now it should be much higher. It has been reported that Chengdu Aerospace Superalloy Technology has a single crystal yield rate of over 90%, on par with Western engine producers.

Back
Top Bottom