What's new

JAC Motors To Produce Cars In Pakistan

dw we will open up a maruti factory in pakistan.
They already do.
Suzuki_Mehran_2012.jpeg

dw we will open up a maruti factory in pakistan.
Well actually its no "we", the Japs will open a factory here. In fact, they already have :P
It is sold in Pakistan with the name Suzuki Mehran.
SUZUKI-MEHRAN-1.jpg

Accha, since pakistan is a very price sensitive market India should sell them Tata Nanos. They are easily more luxurious and safer than 95% of the cars on their roads
That wont work either. we do not have a culture where people keep two cars with one being a city car (fuel efficient even if it means compromising on lots of other things) and one family car for longer journeys or family outings.

Well actually its no "we", the Japs will open a factory here. In fact, they already have :P
It is sold in Pakistan with the name Suzuki Mehran
That wont work either. we do not have a culture where people keep two cars with one being a city car (fuel efficient even if it means compromising on lots of other things) and one family car for longer journeys or family outings.
I am curious, what do you think of the newer tatas like tiago, bolt, safari storme etc

TATA TIAGO
tata-tiago-2.jpg.image.784.410.jpg

I am curious, what do you think of the newer tatas like tiago, bolt, safari storme etc

TATA TIAGO
tata-tiago-2.jpg.image.784.410.jpg
It looks like a nice vehical but i do not know the details. Japnese cars are what Pakistani market is saturated with, Germany can be an option to change that along side some French or US options. Koreans may have a little chance as well, very little. I do not see any manufacturer from India getting a foothold here.

It looks like a nice vehical but i do not know the details. Japnese cars are what Pakistani market is saturated with, Germany can be an option to change that along side some French or US options. Koreans may have a little chance as well, very little. I do not see any manufacturer from India getting a foothold here.
IF not for the animosity between the two countries, who knows? Indian cars would probably be cheaper than Japanese and German cars. Does hyundai have a strong presence there? In the last decade hyundai has made huge progress here.

What about your own local brands? Surely there is a growing market in your country...so why can't local capital jump in.

Even if you incorporate engine and transmission from abroad... would it not help your GDP and also expand your industrial base.

It is just a question, not a critique. Would like to understand what is your local automotive industry back.

If you can produce JF a JV locally, surely automotive is far less complex.

Thanks for helping in understanding.

IF not for the animosity between the two countries, who knows? Indian cars would probably be cheaper than Japanese and German cars. Does hyundai have a strong presence there? In the last decade hyundai has made huge progress here.
No it is not about the not so friendly nations. If you look at the countries i mentioned and the order i mentioned them in, you will realize that India is not in that list because it is not a well renowned car manufacturer. Japanese and Germans are right on top followed by Americans and the French with the Koreans catching up. This is the exact order i think new manufacturers will have a chance/priority. Indians are not at that level in automobile industry.

What about your own local brands? Surely there is a growing market in your country...so why can't local capital jump in.

Even if you incorporate engine and transmission from abroad... would it not help your GDP and also expand your industrial base.

It is just a question, not a critique. Would like to understand what is your local automotive industry back.

If you can produce JF a JV locally, surely automotive is far less complex.

Thanks for helping in understanding.
lack of industrial base, expertise and government initiative. Private sector is business and unless they see considerable profit margin they wont be interested in investing in such project. There are joint ventures already running as both Honda and Toyota local plants have local investment and shares so JV is already here. However it is not that lucrative, at this moment, for a Pakistani businessman to invest in launching a completely new brand and it seems to be staying that way for quite a few years. Once the local demand increase so that the particular new manufacturer will be able to sell most of his production within the country and then because of the quality and aggressive marketing slowly starts exports. All this will be required for a successful local brand. JV is the way to go for us and that is already happening.

No it is not about the not so friendly nations. If you look at the countries i mentioned and the order i mentioned them in, you will realize that India is not in that list because it is not a well renowned car manufacturer. Japanese and Germans are right on top followed by Americans and the French with the Koreans catching up. This is the exact order i think new manufacturers will have a chance/priority. Indians are not at that level in automobile industry.

lack of industrial base, expertise and government initiative. Private sector is business and unless they see considerable profit margin they wont be interested in investing in such project. There are joint ventures already running as both Honda and Toyota local plants have local investment and shares so JV is already here. However it is not that lucrative, at this moment, for a Pakistani businessman to invest in launching a completely new brand and it seems to be staying that way for quite a few years. Once the local demand increase so that the particular new manufacturer will be able to sell most of his production within the country and then because of the quality and aggressive marketing slowly starts exports. All this will be required for a successful local brand. JV is the way to go for us and that is already happening.

Arsalan, many thanks for your kind reply. This truly helps form a better picture.

You are right policies are drivers of industrialisation. Well, perhaps every thing in the life of every state.

Thanks!

Accha, since pakistan is a very price sensitive market India should sell them Tata Nanos. They are easily more luxurious and safer than 95% of the cars on their roads
Nano's could definitely do well in our markets if only relations were a little better. TATA could even setup a plant in Pakistan.

Good news but I think with those huge taxes it will not succeed. Pakistans seriously needs a good auto policy.

Good news but I think with those huge taxes it will not succeed. Pakistans seriously needs a good auto policy.
the new auto policy gives heavy leverage to a new Entrant,
and the FTZ of Gawadar would only help. so I expect the costs to be lower as the products localize more and more

Nano's could definitely do well in our markets if only relations were a little better. TATA could even setup a plant in Pakistan.

Yea I wish it was more successful in India but dumb marketing team made a huge mistake. Had they not labelled it "world's cheapest car" many millions would have bought it over a scooter saving 10s of thousands of lives.

Yea I wish it was more successful in India but dumb marketing team made a huge mistake. Had they not labelled it "world's cheapest car" many millions would have bought it over a scooter saving 10s of thousands of lives.

Wasnt the fire scandal also a reason which defamed the Nano's? If i remember it correctly few of them caught fire while parked?

But yeah i agree they shouldnt had used the word cheapest. People take it the wrong way.

Wasnt the fire scandal also a reason which defamed the Nano's? If i remember it correctly few of them caught fire while parked?

But yeah i agree they shouldnt had used the word cheapest. People take it the wrong way.

The fire was the straw that broke the camels back but most of the damage was due to marketing as cheapest car. People don't want that stigma attached to them.

Back
Top Bottom