What's new

J-31 stealth fighter designed for export, says PLA admiral

Outclassed ?you provided no evidence.

On the maintaince intensive point ,I have cited sources already.
If you called those sources, you have been outclassed. I explained from experience. It is not that difficult to find public information on how the USAF and other air forces around the world maintain their charges.

For example...

Factsheets : 56TH MAINTENANCE GROUP
56TH COMPONENT MAINTENANCE SQUADRON

Mission: Provide specialized component repair of propulsion, avionics, accessories, and test, measurement, and diagnostics equipment systems to train the world's finest F-16 pilots and to support affiliate units.
Do you see the word 'component' in there?

Or how about this...

756TH AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SQUADRON

Mission: Provide safe, reliable aircraft to train the world's greatest F-16 fighter pilots and crew chiefs.
What does that say? To provide aircraft. That is not the same as component level repairs.

So when you implied that the AESA system is maintenance intensive, explain how. Can you? No, you cannot. You have no experience and yet you blabber about things you do not know. Your childish ego got bruised when challenged. Go back to playing video games.

You cited another website like SEC which claims to be finest and most reliable or just like the how US defence contractors claim to be providing world class while their components have fake chips of China. Not convincing. How about something more concrete.

In a business like risk hedging,corporate intelligence ,if I started keeping Ego ,I would lose my job pretty quick .Its you who started with the whole that QA thing ,which I proved wrong with the fake chips of China news.

You are a senile old man .Keep your delusions of Grandeur to yourself. And please present something more concrete as your source has nothing stated about AESA maintainance.
You and your fellow Indians can go on believing that the PESA is the way to go. Let US foolish Americans go on with our 'maintenance intensive' AESA systems. We got no problems being underestimated. :azn:

You and your fellow Indians can go on believing that the PESA is the way to go. Let US foolish Americans go on with our 'maintenance intensive' AESA systems. We got no problems being underestimated. :azn:

Read my former posts, I have stated PESA will be obsolete coming 15-30 years. I have no problems with americans using fake chips and calling it quality assurance too. Not a wonder ,Boeing 787 has been grounded so many times.:closed:

Read my former posts, I have stated PESA will be obsolete coming 15-30 years. I have no problems with americans using fake chips and calling it quality assurance too. Not a wonder ,Boeing 787 has been grounded so many times.:closed:
And am sure India will be producing something better than the 787 pretty soon. :lol:

Lol.....wow.....that boeing 787 comment was a low blow.....but very accurate.........all this technology is worthless if you cant even keep your birds in the air long enough to make war......the us military has never fought a modern war against another great power.......all guesses regarding their possible performance are just that......guesses and suppositions.........to state otherwise is to lie to yourself............hubris is the downfall of all empires.......but i understand the us model of telling themselves constantly that they are the best and their inventions are as well...............many times we realize that isnt the case.................its really too bad our government soends all OUR money on this crap so some aces can just sit and brag all day............waste of money if you ask me.......just pay off our debt.....invest in education......innovation.......and infrastructure......stop trying to colonize the world..........they already hate us for it.....and they will one day rise against us..........lets worry about whats within our borders for a change........at least if we want to survive as a nation.....that is.......

The Zhuk-AE has 500 T/R modules compared to the J-10B's 1152 T/R modules, J-15/11B/16's 1760 T/R modules, and J-20's 1856 T/R modules. The Zhuk-AE is Russia's only airborne AESA radar and yet it did not even enter service.

Latest modification of Zhuk-AE/FGA-35 has 1200 modules. It was presented at MAKS 2013.
Fotos (search for FGA-35):
kotobood.livejournal.com/1346670.html

Tests of Zhuk-AE with Mig-29 are planned this autumn.

Source of information about mentioned Chinese radars, please.

Latest modification of Zhuk-AE/FGA-35 has 1200 modules. It was presented at MAKS 2013.
Fotos (search for FGA-35):
kotobood.livejournal.com/1346670.html

Tests of Zhuk-AE with Mig-29 are planned this autumn.

Source of information about mentioned Chinese radars, please.
No source until we want to sell it :coffee:

That remains to be seen... especially ,with australian defence analysts saying that Su-35BM is superior to F-35. In 15-30 years ,PESA will be obsolete and my sources have AESA still have many issues to work out . Did you read my entire posts.

You mean Carlo Kopp right? :omghaha:

No source until we want to sell it

Zhuk-A with fully implemented functions is also not for sale. For sale are products with reduced number of antenna modules. Also types of modules are different.

But what about the title of this thread? It means that China has plans to propose J-31 for export. So China have to reveal some data about technologies implemented in it and suggested for export.

Zhuk-A with fully implemented functions is also not for sale. For sale are products with reduced number of antenna modules. Also types of modules are different.

But what about the title of this thread? It means that China has plans to propose J-31 for export. So China have to reveal some data about technologies implemented in it and suggested for export.

Project 310 is at technology demonstrator stage, no specific information is revealed.

well a Chinese admiral also said we were not building an carrier while standing right in front of the mostly finished carrier.

So what do we really know?

Great, then start going by 2004, when the KJ-2000 entered service:

KJ-2000 -- 2004 (L-band AESA, 450 km range, 14th institute)
KJ-200 -- 2007 (L-band AESA, 14th institute)
Y-8 AWACS -- 2008
J-10B -- 2008 (X-band AESA, 1152 T/R modules, 14th institute)
J-11B -- 2008 (X-band AESA, 1760 T/R modules, 450 km range against 1 m^2 target, 607th institute)
J-15 -- 2009 (X-band AESA, 1760 T/R modules, 450 km range against 1 m^2 target, 607th institute)
J-16 -- 2012 (X-band AESA, 1760 T/R modules, 450 km range against 1 m^2 target, 607th institute)
J-20 -- 2011 (X-band AESA, 1800 T/R modules, 14th institute)
J-31 -- 2012
ZDK-03 -- 2011 (AESA, 14th institute)
KJ-500 -- 2013 (AESA, 14th institute)

The list does not even include the naval ones and ground based ones.

Now name a radar that Russia current fields that is superior to a Chinese one.

This list is BS made up by Chinese fanboys. No evidence for most of listed positions whatsoever. Not even any official statements. Stop posting rubbish here.

Nice plane but very suspicious how before they wanted to use it themselves and now they designate it for export. Could it mean they have an even more advanced plane in the works?

It would be nice if India can buy just about 5 aircraft to only troll our neighbors :devil: :rofl:

And then crash a couple of them saying they had mechanical failures :devil:

They will crash automatically No need to crash it.

J-31 currently seems to have problematic future.
Some estimations taken from Russian and U.S. press.
ainonline.com/aviation-news/ain-defense-perspective/2012-11-23/russian-officials-reveal-j-31-engine-and-describe-sales-china
airwar.ru/enc/fighter/j31.html
Economic issues.
The J-31 program is not fully funded by the Air Force of People's Liberation Army (PLA). The program is partially funded by the company itself. Perhaps PLA financed only construction of the technology demonstrator. May be that's why China states that this aircraft has good prospects for for export abroad (investments from possible customers are welcome!).
Airframe.
The airframe obviously has some design solutions already implemented in the U.S. fifth-generation fighters with the same possible drawbacks. F-22 compensate them with TVC. Japan in their ATD-X also seems to implement TVC. What about China?
Low observability.
Nothing is known about Chinese level of technology in that field.
Engines.
The aircraft, which flew in October, 2012, was powered by "Klimov" RD-93 engines. However, the size of the nacelles involves the installation of the engine of increased size, may be WS-13. RD-93 can be supplied with TVC, but China has no such technology for WS-13.
Radar.
Development of Chinese counterpart for "Zhemchug" PESA radar took five years. If Chinese industry will continue to work at the same pace, it will be able to produce appropriate AESA radar only at the end of the decade.
Estimates from the U.S. press some times are more categorical, even insulting.
foxnews.com/world/2013/10/01/chinese-junk-latest-fighter-plane-from-people-army-ticketed-for-export/
"Chinese junk? Latest fighter plane from People's Army ticketed for export".

That lack of strong information about the project and the fact that it is going straight to export might make it a hard sell on the international market.

Back
Top Bottom