What's new

J-11BS with WS-10 engine

We don't really care about other people's opinions, we are just happy that we have overcome many difficulties so far.

China has mastered engine technology levels that US achieved in 1990. Remember that the thrust level of the WS-10A is much more than the original engines in the F-15 and F-16 fighters in the late 1970s as those were around 23-24000 lbs thrust. It took till around 1990 till the US had engines comparable to thrust levels of the Chinese WS-10A.

Definitely by the end of this decade the 40,000 Ibs thrust Ws-15 will be equipping J-20 fighters.

damn it took china 20 years to gain access to the internet and stole blue prints of engines from american military servers and than desperately try to copy the design.

If you knew anything about modern turbofans you would know that is virtually impossible to copy them.

While you can copy the shape of the individual components, the production processes that went into creating these components will remain mysterious.

Jealous at China's success my Indian friend?

If you knew anything about modern turbofans you would know that is virtually impossible to copy them.

While you can copy the shape of the individual components, the production processes that went into creating these components will remain mysterious.

Jealous at China's success my Indian friend?

that's why i said tried not succeeded !

Russia Report published the unsupported news, They believe that, then china deny officially it, later they grasp the other news to mock china, it is ridiculous itself. It is hard to get the last news about china military development, we like to judge it in light of pictures and other hint from the news!! It is not only the trust problem. Indian will keep doubting you, even now china publish that ws-10 is succssful, they will still mock china, " it is copy", "China gain the help from Russia", "Chinese hack into USA defence companies" brabra!! You can find the soursweet in their mouth easily!!! Let them do it!!

China has mastered engine technology levels that US achieved in 1990. Remember that the thrust level of the WS-10A is much more than the original engines in the F-15 and F-16 fighters in the late 1970s as those were around 23-24000 lbs thrust. It took till around 1990 till the US had engines comparable to thrust levels of the Chinese WS-10A....
It is reported rather that the sustained thrust of the WS10 is about 20% lower than the quoted peak figure. So not yet there with the later F110.

It is reported rather that the sustained thrust of the WS10 is about 20% lower than the quoted peak figure. So not yet there with the later F110.

That's true for the earliest WS-10, but the WS-10A has an afterburner thrust of 132kN, as you can see even the shape of the nozzle has become different compared to the early version.

That's true for the earliest WS-10, but the WS-10A has an afterburner thrust of 132kN, as you can see even the shape of the nozzle has become different compared to the early version.

i heard it is 200kN from some chinese

Prove it that any Chinese member said such thing.

Even the WS-15 has only an afterburner thrust of 180kN.

no that one WS-15 some chinese claimed as having thrust of 350 kn... I dont have link but yes manyclaimed like that coz of having got some insider information like u guys... or some leaked infos...

but i beleive the thrust will not even be 70 kN...

damn it took china 20 years to gain access to the internet and stole blue prints of engines from american military servers and than desperately try to copy the design.

Firstly, it was not a copy since the engineers are not American.

Secondly, I like to point out that it took HAL 30 years to build a 4th generation fighter that was partially designed by Dassault at the price of $100 million.

but i beleive the thrust will not even be 70 kN...

Not everybody is like HAL.

Some Indian members here are very funny! They make some interesting points:

Indian criticism #1. China copied and stole technology to create its own jet engines.
Yeah, that's true, so? You think the military is a game or something? China broke the "rules"? The military is about survival, life and death. This is no game and there are no rules! Over 1.3 billion people depend on this engine to function properly to defend them from predatory western foreign strategies. If I were a Chinese engineer working on this engine, I would sell my soul to the devil to give it just 1 extra kN! Stealing, cheating, copying, these terms don't apply! It's survival. You know why Chivalry’s dead? Because practicing it will get you killed against someone who was serious about staying alive! Make your military equipment work by any means necessary or the west will make sure you end up like Iraq/ Afghanistan!

Indian criticism #2. China took a long time to get the WS-10A up and running.
Where is your Kaveri? At this rate, you might as well fling your Tejas into the air with giant rubber bands! Hearing your criticism, it's as if you've mastered a 180kN engine or something!

Indian criticism #3. The WS-10A probably only gives 70kN.
Do you think with your rear end? How would J-11B and J-10B fly on an engine with that much thrust? Both jets are flying with WS-10A. That is fact. How would a 30+ ton aircraft like the J-11B fly with combined 140kN? It would perform like an airliner. It is possible that an early prototype WS-10 had roughly 70kN dry thrust. I don’t know who said 200kN and 350kN. Either you made it up, read it wrong or that guy has no clue about how much thrust jet engines put out.

Indian criticism #4. I need proof, something solid, not just pictures.
What the heck does that mean? Photographic evidence can convict people in court but it’s not good enough for you? What would you consider proof, a signed letter from the Chinese president detailing the number of engines on the number of aircraft and the exact thrust? Even then, you wouldn’t trust that, would you? You’d say the Chinese were just bluffing. So you would need that letter, except written by a NATO inspector, who, for some reason, China allowed to perform the inspection. You can wait for that letter, but as for the rest of us, the pictures clearly show 2 different engines. If that’s not good enough for you, then you can live in denial. Doesn’t hurt the Chinese military.

Why do Indians criticize the Chinese air force? It is laughable. They like to tout the MKI or Rafale (which they don’t have yet) and detail exactly how much thrust they have or how many modules are in thier radar. You know what China does? It doesn’t tell you that info because it doesn’t like its opponents preparing against it! Anyway, here is the BIG picture: As India works on the Tejas with American engines, China works on the J-20 with domestic engines. China has like 3-4 times more 4th generation+ aircraft than India depending on whether or not you count the 126 Rafales that India does not have yet against the aircraft that China already has. China’s military budget is $106 billion (and most people believe that China BS’s its numbers and spends twice as much) while India’s isn’t even half that. On top of that, India buys its jets from foreigners, spending twice the money and receiving them at half the speed at which China produces them. That’s the big picture that tells you that India is nowhere near the same league as China. China is doing such a vastly superior job compared to you that you don’t even have the privilege to call China a rival. So Indians, stop criticizing China and take notes on how they are able to do what they do. Lower your head and learn because although India is doing a great job compared to the average country, you have nothing to be proud of compared to China.

jealousy is in every word of your post. If that were true...why don't the usa take them to court? or put sanctions on them...you know tough economical sanctions and all?

Back
Top Bottom