What's new

J 10B radar is indeed an AESA.

Interesting. The J-10Bs, if delivered, would most likely serve as testing and evaluation for now. They are unlikely to enter service with the PAF until 2014. Heck, they aren't even in full service with the PLAAF yet.

However, the PAF has ordered 50 JF-17 Block II from China, the first to be delivered in November. They will feature an AESA radar based on the one on the J-10B, reduced frontal RCS, increased composites, possible TVC, and much more.

Usually PLAF and PAF have different requirements and as the history suggests, the cooperation between the two countries is very unique. Whatever PAF gets from China is not subjected to the fact that whether China has it or not like the Qing class subs and also is highly modified and tailored to meet PAF requirements. My question is is China itself really interested in FC-20, specially when it has a new bird to focus on the J-20?
The news about possible 4 FC-20s into PAF by November is indeed very interesting and much awaited for. The QING class sub deals and now this, what more could one ask for. Indeed a treat.

Rotating or spinning mean something has 360 deg of movement about a center. Sweeping mean a 'back and forth' motion like how a fish uses its tail for propulsion. A fighter aircraft has its radar in the nose so it is impossible for the antenna to rotate or spin. The J-10B and the JF-17 are fighters.

No, not 360 degree spinning. That would be impossible within the randome. Swiveling would be the correct term.

Usually PLAF and PAF have different requirements and as the history suggests, the cooperation between the two countries is very unique. Whatever PAF gets from China is not subjected to the fact that whether China has it or not like the Qing class subs and also is highly modified and tailored to meet PAF requirements. My question is is China itself really interested in FC-20, specially when it has a new bird to focus on the J-20?
The news about possible 4 FC-20s into PAF by November is indeed very interesting and much awaited for. The QING class sub deals and now this, what more could one ask for. Indeed a treat.

Why would China not be interested in the J-10B? It is much superior to the J-10A and the J-11B. The J-20 and other Chinese 5th generation stealth fighters are highly expensive. The J-10B is much cheaper and could be produced in huge numbers. It would be like a hi lo combination. On the high end you would have 5th generation fighters, and on the low end you would have 4.5/4.5++ generation fighters like the J-10B, J-16, J-18, JH-7B, etc.

The Qing class is also upgraded compared to the Yuan and Song submarines, so I have no doubt the PLAN would go for those as well.

Pakistan is also leasing two Type 054 frigates.

This was posted on mp.net today.

This radar (if it's chinese) looks very similar to one what can be seen in that J-10B pic.

How about the Chinese be respectful of the forum's rules and post in English? When I explain certain technical issues, I do not post in any other languages. Or is it that Chinese articles make it easier to mislead the readers?

You lucky dog can always read the abstract of the article. As for the rest, you'd better not to know in case to protect your fragile heart.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom