What's new

PAF to Unveil Locally Made Stealth Radars for Fighter Jets - March 2022 .

Will it be possible or practical to upgrade the F-16s with the local AESA? I suppose the US will refuse to provide spares once the PAF replaces the avionics suite? Of course, our AA missile stocks and EO/targeting pods will become useless.

It all originated from some random Twitter account

@isipuppet
nope ....even He was bit late to report this working on AESA Radar was declared by PAC itself, few time back, the increase number research paper on AESA RADAR are getting attention by OSINT accounts.

It all originated from some random Twitter account

@isipuppet
as far as I know isipuppet was the member this forum as well know his stuff, not just typical copy past twitter handle.

Hey @Joe Shearer Noticed you been in some jolly mood lately, any reason ? :D

By the way where are PDF anmool Ratan's, @JamD @Bilal Khan (Quwa) guys you take on this ?
Nearly a week without illness, cooked myself some great stuff, able to eat...What other mood could I be in?

Joe this is what happens when a website which has nothing to do with defense publishes news.
Some day - not today, I'm in too good a mood, some grim, sombre day - I must introduce you to some of ours, especially the bhakt ones.

you mean technically possible.

but not worth doing.
No, technically not possible. You can't have a silent Sanghi. They blabber all the time.

Nearly a week without illness, cooked myself some great stuff, able to eat...What other mood could I be in?
Man, I am glad that your health is improving. Allah apko sehat de, just cooked myself some mixed vegetables, man that experiment did pay off in the end, Gori wife is going crazy over mixed sabzi and white rice :lol:

nope ....even He was bit late to report this working on AESA Radar was declared by PAC itself, few time back, the increase number research paper on AESA RADAR are getting attention by OSINT accounts.

as far as I know isipuppet was the member this forum as well know his stuff, not just typical copy past twitter handle.
And this is not an impossible task. Many parts will be COTS. Circuit board and IC can be designed locally. Chips may come from any sources including China, Taiwan. PAC may have lithographic machines too.
This can help develop some level of semiconductor industry.

Last edited:

PAF to Unveil Locally Made Stealth Radars for Fighter Jets​

By Haroon Hayder | Published Mar 24, 2022 | 1:39 pm
AESA-Radar.jpg

Pakistan is expected to unveil an indigenously developed Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar which will be deployed in both ground-based and airborne roles.

AESA is a second-generation phased radar in which radio waves of multiple frequencies can be sent in different directions without moving the antenna. AESA radars allow aircraft and ships to send powerful signals while remaining stealthy and resistant to jamming.
ALSO READ
Instagram is Bringing Back an Old Fan Favorite Feature
According to details, Pakistan’s local AESA radar is being developed by the Air Weapon Complex (AWC), an R&D facility of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), in collaboration with the National University of Science and Technology (NUST).

Although complete details of the radar are unavailable at the moment, sources have claimed that the indigenously developed AESA radar will use the latest gallium nitride (GaN) transmit and receive modules that are owned by only a few countries.
AWC reportedly designed two types of GaN transmit and receive modules- S-band and X-band- in late 2019 and early 2020 respectively.
ALSO READ
Hafeez Reveals Pakistan’s Biggest Positive From Australia Test Series
Both modules have different functionalities. The S-band module is used in ground-based and airborne search radars for target search and detection. On the other hand, the X-band module is associated with fire control due to its superior resolution.

The indigenous AESA radar is expected to officially make its debut in the JF-17 Block 4 fighter jet or the fifth-generation stealth fighter jet being developed under Project Azm.

Pakistan moves ahead with domestic AESA radar development​

23rd March 2022 - 07:37 GMT | by Arslan Khan in Islamabad
RSS

Future Pakistani JF-17 fighters could benefit from indigenous AESA radars in the future. (Gordon Arthur)
Pakistan is quietly developing AESA radars for potential applications in ground-based and airborne roles.

Pakistan’s Air Weapons Complex, in partnership with the National University of Sciences & Technology and Pakistani private-sector firms, is in the final stages of the development of ground-based phased-array radars.
Though the designation of these systems is unclear, it is known that the radars use the latest gallium nitride (GaN) transmit and receive modules. While GaN-based modules are not something new, only a handful of countries are in the club to have designed these.
It is known that these modules were delivered in late 2019/early 2020 to design houses for prototyping. Two types of modules were designed, S-band and X-band.

Already have an account? Log in

Want to keep reading this article?

This is GREAT News...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom