What's new

J 10B radar is indeed an AESA.

From the article the AESA research is handled by Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology [NRIET].

???

The radar is x-band from 8-12 GHz, uses up 10Kw when operating. The radar elements are modular and can be configured in different sized radome.

Not surprising. Nanjing also developed the AESA for KJ-2000.

well now we seriously need some pakistani members to learn read and write chines .:cool:

well now we seriously need some pakistani members to learn read and write chines .:cool:
How about the Chinese be respectful of the forum's rules and post in English? When I explain certain technical issues, I do not post in any other languages. Or is it that Chinese articles make it easier to mislead the readers?

How about the Chinese be respectful of the forum's rules and post in English? When I explain certain technical issues, I do not post in any other languages. Or is it that Chinese articles make it easier to mislead the readers?

sir that news was in chines they just quote the news as i think .

What technical issue would require you to post in the "other language/languages" that you speak, just out of curiosity?

kj2000awacsresized.jpg

KJ-2000 AWACS (i.e. Airborne Warning and Control System)

kj200resized.jpg

KJ-200 AEW&C (i.e. Airborne Early Warning & Control)

Let's use some common sense. China has shrunk the massive dish on the KJ-2000 into the small and compact balance-beam KJ-200 AESA radar. It is a technical step to further shrink the KJ-200 balance-beam radar into a smaller area to fit within a fighter's nose. The transmit and receive elements merely grow smaller.

Can China build an AESA radar for a fighter? Yes.

You have to be patient for the leaked pictures.

The article is about radar. But they did mentioned that the elements can be configured for different radome shape and sizes, meaning this radar is not designed specifically for one plane.

Actually it's a feasibility study rather than testing out a specific radar type I think.

The Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology [NRIET] employs 5,500 persons. Construction of production facilities began around 1960, and as of early 1963 the plant and assembly yard covered about 43 acres. Typical applications include airborne radar transmitters, high resolution radar systems, combinations of C3I system and surface to surface tactical missile systems. Research topics include anti-jamming capabilities of surveillance, search and target designation radars, as well as airborne radar imaging of ship targets using SAR/ISAR methods to image a ship target by processing data of airborne radar.

How in the world then did tanlixiang28776 conclude that these radars are for J-10B...?

My English and Arabic numeral skills are not as bad as to miss two alphabets and two digits.

Phew, and here I thought I had to recoordinate my trolling towards the ChInEsE here regarding J-10B's AESA.

Hate to play the devil's advocate, but Huitong told you so.

The fact that the J-15 and J-11B both use an AESA that is supposedly similar to the J-10B's radar leads me to believe that the J-10B won't be using a PESA.

Senior Pakistani officials and insiders also pointed out that the JF-17 Block II will use an AESA that is based on the one on the J-10B.

The article is about radar. But they did mentioned that the elements can be configured for different radome shape and sizes, meaning this radar is not designed specifically for one plane.

Actually it's a feasibility study rather than testing out a specific radar type I think.

Which parallels the claims that the J-11B, J-15, and the JF-17 Block II will use AESA that is based on the one on the J-10B.

It's already not a question if we have or have not the AESA radars for the fighters,but the questions that how fast will the PLA to massively induct it and how good it will be.To the first question,the argument is that the massive induction will be from this year or next year.For the second question,we probably will never know and don't expect any reliable information from the public journals since the PLA will never allow any radar's information which is on service to be leaked to the public.Of course the export version and failed projects are the exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom