What's new

J 10B radar is indeed an AESA.

tanlixiang28776

Reaction score
According to this article by an Employee from NRIET the Active Phased Array for the J 10B has 1152 Transmit and receive modules.

It has also already been tested in a airborne aircraft.

j10bradar.jpg

2713597603460e57e90daca.gif

27135976e80062f76c39146.gif

27135976c43636fece03a67.gif

2713597638e303b1fe431fe.gif

If anyone could read Chinese and translate this it would be appreciated.

Not as entertaining as seeing someone proved wrong once again. But please explain to us why this is actually an PESA. We wouldn't want facts getting in the way of trolling.
How was I proved wrong? What claims have I made here so far?

revise your 6,085 'never wrong' posts might shed a little light`?
Let us see if you can exercise some critical thinking skills here. Can you show me where in THIS DISCUSSION where I have made any claim to start? Then we can move to whether I am wrong.

Guys, just ignore the old troll, he's always on a mission to degrade any achievement of Chinese, don't let him bait you to derail the thread.
Think about it, the old troll don't know Chinese and the thread is mostly written in Chinese, whats left for him to discuss other than some naked trolling?

Let us see if you can exercise some critical thinking skills here. Can you show me where in THIS DISCUSSION where I have made any claim to start? Then we can move to whether I am wrong.

Double standards much? You not only bring arguments from other threads but also other people entirely. I think its reasonable if we use your previous failed arguments as examples of your incompetence.

A few example of Gambits failed arguments.

" J 20 does not exist"----- Yeah it does

" J 20 has software issues and can't fly"---- 17 public flights later....

" J 10B is PESA"---- J 10B has AESA from NRIET

" DF 21D is not operational"---- Chief of US and Chinese military confirm it is

Nope Gambit is never ever wrong. I mean even he says so:lol:

In your Opinion, Is it PESA or AESA?

Double standards much? You not only bring arguments from other threads but also other people entirely. I think its reasonable if we use your previous failed arguments as examples of your incompetence.

A few example of Gambits failed arguments.

" J 20 does not exist"----- Yeah it does
Where did I say that? Repeatedly I stressed caution until something more concrete than just fanboy art, of which Chinese claims were abundant, many practically defied the laws of physics.

" J 20 has software issues and can't fly"---- 17 public flights later....
Where did I say that? The word 'suspect' must have a different context between my English and yours.

" J 10B is PESA"---- J 10B has AESA from NRIET
Where did I say that? If anything, I do not recall even commenting on the J-10 to start.

" DF 21D is not operational"---- Chief of US and Chinese military confirm it is
Where did I say that? Repeatedly I stressed caution on the claims made. Nowhere have I said the technicalities themselves are impossible.

Nope Gambit is never ever wrong. I mean even he says so:lol:
Funny how NOT ONE of you Chinese have managed to dispute a single technical challenge from me.

In your Opinion, Is it PESA or AESA?
If you read the intro where it says 'linear sub-array' odds are very good that this is an AESA array. A PESA cannot have sub-arrays unless there are alternate physical construct at the component, not software, level. I have posted information elsewhere in this forum on the differences.

From the article the AESA research is handled by Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology [NRIET].

???

The radar is x-band from 8-12 GHz, uses up 10Kw when operating. The radar elements are modular and can be configured in different sized radome.

WTF? I don't see a single J-10B in this article.

It does not even refer to any Chinese planes. All I see are AGP-77 (F-22) AGP-81 (F-35) AGP-79 (F/A-18E/F)

...?

The article is about radar. But they did mentioned that the elements can be configured for different radome shape and sizes, meaning this radar is not designed specifically for one plane.

Actually it's a feasibility study rather than testing out a specific radar type I think.

The Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology [NRIET] employs 5,500 persons. Construction of production facilities began around 1960, and as of early 1963 the plant and assembly yard covered about 43 acres. Typical applications include airborne radar transmitters, high resolution radar systems, combinations of C3I system and surface to surface tactical missile systems. Research topics include anti-jamming capabilities of surveillance, search and target designation radars, as well as airborne radar imaging of ship targets using SAR/ISAR methods to image a ship target by processing data of airborne radar.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom