What's new

J-10B - Information

It's a copy of the EF-Typhoon.

its actually a LCA clone,
flca_p_04_l.jpg
many similarities between the two, IRST, ECM antenna, China shouldnt stole Indian innovation and R&D work, i now issue my unofficial apology to India for what China have done.

Which western plane is it most comparable to?

F-16 E/F

Its combat capabilities are vastly inferior to its dual engine counterparts like the Eurofighter and Rafale. Single engine crafts are often cheaper (both due to engine count/maintenance and frame costs), less reliable, slower and have shorter combat range. These jets have no offensive capability and are mainly for interception hence its export demand.

It won't be until this J-20 hype comes into service, will we see if China has surpassed Europe in military aviation. (even though the engine is likely to be Russian for quite a while)

J-10B is superior to Eurofighter. Even Eurofighter doesn't have AESA! China is also inducting PL-21, which is similar to yet-to-be inducted European Meteor.

There is no comparison at all between canard deltas and conventional layouts like F-15 / F-16. Canard deltas (4.5 generation fighters) can produce much higher AOA and beat 4 generation fighters like F-15 / F-16 in WVR combat anytime.

J-10B can be equipped with not only PGMs for ground attack but also anti-ship cruise missiles! (But not land attack cruise missiles, AFAIK.)

J-10B is superior to Eurofighter. Even Eurofighter doesn't have AESA! China is also inducting PL-21, which is similar to yet-to-be inducted European Meteor.

There is no comparison at all between canard deltas and conventional layouts like F-15 / F-16. Canard deltas (4.5 generation fighters) can produce must higher AOA and beat 4 generation fighters like F-15 / F-16 in WVR combat anytime.

J-10B can be equipped with not only PGMs for ground attack but also anti-ship cruise missiles! (But not land attack cruise missiles, AFAIK.)
if anything, EF is double engine so in terms of range and reliability is superior to J-10, and EF is going to add AESA too in very near future. besides it has much better payload and weapon variety

There is no comparison at all between canard deltas and conventional layouts like F-15 / F-16. Canard deltas (4.5 generation fighters) can produce much higher AOA and beat 4 generation fighters like F-15 / F-16 in WVR combat anytime.

I agree when concerning the F-16 but the F-15 has brute power that allows it to utilize slash and dash type strategies for WVR battles that would make it an interesting matchup. I'd place my money on the F-15 almost everytime if it were not for the maneuverability afforded by the J-10Bs canards. The closer an F-15 comes, the worse the odds become for the J-10B. I'm pretty sure almost any fighter pilot wouldn't want to get into a dogfight with an F-15. The combat record of the F-15 is incredible so I wouldn't be writing it off so easily.

It has been confirmed that the rader on J-10B and Y8 AWACS , KJ2000 is PESA. And china are not developing AESA, You could see this chinese artical. PLS do google translate.

近日,一组中国出口巴基斯坦的预警机照片现身网络,《兵器知识》杂志社为此特别采访了该预警机常务副总设计师、中国电子科技集团公司的曹晨研究员,就该预警机以及相关知识请其做一解答。
访谈内容节选:

记:雷达是预警机的主要传感器。世界上机载雷达的发展趋势是什么?我国的机载雷达技术在世界上属于什么水平?

曹:目前世界上机载雷达普遍往有源相控阵方向发展,无论是预警机上的机载预警雷达还是战斗机上的机载火控雷达,都是这样,这两个领域是机载雷达最主要的领域。我国以机载预警雷达为突破口,实现了机载雷达装备从机械扫描到有源相控阵的跨越,没有搞无源相控阵,在世界上首次装备二维有源相控阵预警雷达,也就是说雷达波束在水平方向上和高度方向上都能电子扫描,由此也带动了战斗机火控雷达装备采用有源相控阵。从时间上来看,以色列和瑞典是较早将有源相控阵预警雷达形成装备的国家,就是大家熟悉的“费尔康”和“平衡木”,美国则是最早装备有源相控阵机载火控雷达的国家,装备在F-22上。欧洲在完成机载预警雷达的有源相控阵应用外,正在装备有源相控阵机载火控雷达,如英国的“狂风”。除了有源相控阵之外,机载雷达一个重要的发展方向是数字化。现在的有源相控阵,其收发组件中发射频率的产生器件以及对波束的接收处理都是模拟的,这样收发组件的重量和体积还是过大,在飞机平台上的适装性不好。数字化的收发组件,发射频率从低频到高频的合成是数字的,在接收处理时,在发射频率上直接进行模拟到数字的转换,不仅大幅度降低了重量和体积,而且波束处理非常灵活,可以在干扰方向上自动地形成最弱的接收,这样大大提高了雷达的抗干扰能力和反杂波能力。我国机载预警雷达的数字化水平已经居于国际领先地位。

Just make J10B public before making big claims and comparing it with word class fighter like F15/F16/EF

It has been confirmed that the rader on J-10B and Y8 AWACS , KJ2000 is PESA. And china are not developing AESA, You could see this chinese artical. PLS do google translate.

近日,一组中国出口巴基斯坦的预警机照片现身网络,《兵器知识》杂志社为此特别采访了该预警机常务副总设计师、中国电子科技集团公司的曹晨研究员,就该预警机以及相关知识请其做一解答。
访谈内容节选:

记:雷达是预警机的主要传感器。世界上机载雷达的发展趋势是什么?我国的机载雷达技术在世界上属于什么水平?

曹:目前世界上机载雷达普遍往有源相控阵方向发展,无论是预警机上的机载预警雷达还是战斗机上的机载火控雷达,都是这样,这两个领域是机载雷达最主要的领域。我国以机载预警雷达为突破口,实现了机载雷达装备从机械扫描到有源相控阵的跨越,没有搞无源相控阵,在世界上首次装备二维有源相控阵预警雷达,也就是说雷达波束在水平方向上和高度方向上都能电子扫描,由此也带动了战斗机火控雷达装备采用有源相控阵。从时间上来看,以色列和瑞典是较早将有源相控阵预警雷达形成装备的国家,就是大家熟悉的“费尔康”和“平衡木”,美国则是最早装备有源相控阵机载火控雷达的国家,装备在F-22上。欧洲在完成机载预警雷达的有源相控阵应用外,正在装备有源相控阵机载火控雷达,如英国的“狂风”。除了有源相控阵之外,机载雷达一个重要的发展方向是数字化。现在的有源相控阵,其收发组件中发射频率的产生器件以及对波束的接收处理都是模拟的,这样收发组件的重量和体积还是过大,在飞机平台上的适装性不好。数字化的收发组件,发射频率从低频到高频的合成是数字的,在接收处理时,在发射频率上直接进行模拟到数字的转换,不仅大幅度降低了重量和体积,而且波束处理非常灵活,可以在干扰方向上自动地形成最弱的接收,这样大大提高了雷达的抗干扰能力和反杂波能力。我国机载预警雷达的数字化水平已经居于国际领先地位。

dude !
Did your answer say to turn over?LOL

this interview of chief designer of chinese AEW&AWACS suggest that all KJ2000,KJ200,zdk03.J10B and so on which are AESA ,china hadnot formally developed PESA .

有源相控阵 is AESA??
THats good news!

dude !
Did your answer say to turn over?LOL

this interview of chief designer of chinese AEW&AWACS suggest that KJ2000,KJ200,zdk03.J10B is AESA radar,china hadnot formally developed PESA .

J-10B looks like an excellent fighter/bomber I agree with you. However comparing it to EF is like comparing apples to oranges. The Typhoon is built around Air-Air with some Air-Ground thrown in. Typhoon also has the E-Scan radar reputed to be the most powerful AESA radar in the world when it comes out. It also deploys Meteor BVR missiles.

It also employs a wide range of Air-Surface missiles.

Again the J-10B is not comparable to Typhoon since each has different purposes. J-10B is more comparable to F-16s. And again you can not compare F-15 to J-10B because each has different purpose. And even then you can not compare J-10B to F-16 as many factors play important role in which will beat which like AW&Cs, Aircraft Load, Electronic Warfare suits employed in each Aircraft among many sub-details (That is saying both Pilots are of same caliber). But if I was to put my money on a fight between J-10B and F-16 I would choose the J-10B mainly because it has extra maneuverability to the F-16s.

J-10B looks like an excellent fighter/bomber I agree with you. However comparing it to EF is like comparing apples to oranges. The Typhoon is built around Air-Air with some Air-Ground thrown in. Typhoon also has the E-Scan radar reputed to be the most powerful AESA radar in the world when it comes out. It also deploys Meteor BVR missiles.

It also employs a wide range of Air-Surface missiles.

Again the J-10B is not comparable to Typhoon since each has different purposes. J-10B is more comparable to F-16s. And again you can not compare F-15 to J-10B because each has different purpose. And even then you can not compare J-10B to F-16 as many factors play important role in which will beat which like AW&Cs, Aircraft Load, Electronic Warfare suits employed in each Aircraft among many sub-details (That is saying both Pilots are of same caliber). But if I was to put my money on a fight between J-10B and F-16 I would choose the J-10B mainly because it has extra maneuverability to the F-16s.

Well, most westerns consider the two "front line fighters" china produced (the JF-17 and the J-10A/B) as roughly equivalent to the F-16 A/B and F-16 C/D blk 30/40 at most.

The canards do not mean super agility by themselves. We have yet to see the J-10 in Sukhoi like stunts.
The canards are control surfaces and provide advantages only if the design of the airframe has inherent traits.
AESA doesn't mean much as a feature if it isn't good, MiG-35 has an AESA and although good, it doesn't outperform the F-16 blk 52+ conventional radar performance and it definitely doesn't outperform the EF2000 captor radar.

I see the J-10B as a good front line fighter, slightly les capable than the F-16, but if you can buy 2 J-10s for the price of one F-16 and it has the same reliability then it is more than good.

Well, most westerns consider the two "front line fighters" china produced (the JF-17 and the J-10A/B) as roughly equivalent to the F-16 A/B and F-16 C/D blk 30/40 at most.

The canards do not mean super agility by themselves. We have yet to see the J-10 in Sukhoi like stunts.
The canards are control surfaces and provide advantages only if the design of the airframe has inherent traits.
AESA doesn't mean much as a feature if it isn't good, MiG-35 has an AESA and although good, it doesn't outperform the F-16 blk 52+ conventional radar performance and it definitely doesn't outperform the EF2000 captor radar.

I see the J-10B as a good front line fighter, slightly les capable than the F-16, but if you can buy 2 J-10s for the price of one F-16 and it has the same reliability then it is more than good.

There are many factors that go into such things. I mean old Soviet way of fighting with fighter jets was heavily dependent on ground control stations and ground radars while western way of fighting relied mostly on Aircraft radars and later on AW&Cs (As support). So our amateurish X vs Y must bring a lot of laughs to experts because we fail to see the complexity of such things as each Aircraft is built to employ certain tactics.

In my previous statement when I said i choose the J-10B over the F-16s not out of radar or canards. If you haven't noticed Chinese aircrafts have been following a trend in CRS reduction most visible in the newer versions of the J-10B. For instance the J-10A didn't stand a chance against an F-16 however its upgraded hull shows a significant upgrade over its predecessor such as air intakes, wings, Aircraft body, Engine projection and so on.

The main reason behind Chinese cheaper prices in Aircrafts goes to the fact of its Cheaper working hands in R&Ds and in Manufacturing and Assembly lines. This does not indicate an inferior Aircraft. J-10B from the looks of it was given serious Gs and Breaking off power which shows that the Plane's main requirement was Striking capability and the ability as a second line Air-Air interceptor (Not a deep-strike fighter however) my guess is the J-20 came as a requirement of the PLAAF to have First-line interceptor with long ranges and in this regard stealth is very important. I am not familiar with which current Aircraft in the PLAAF holds that role.

so what is the most advanced jet in China's arsenal besides the j20?

Back
Top Bottom