What's new

J-10A / B fearful F-15J

The truth is that two F-15Js follow a Y-8(China) in East China Sea then two J-10As Emergency take-off to drive away F-15Js.

Your data is updated F15Js ,There are only 30 updated F15Js can launch AAM-4 AMRAAM and AAM-5.

Updated F15J not better than J-10A.

How different is the Japanese F-15 from the US version? In terms of capability. I'm not too familiar with the Japanese variant.

How different is the Japanese F-15 from the US version? In terms of capability. I'm not too familiar with the Japanese variant.

F-15J/DJs is identical to F-15C/Ds aside from ECM, radar warning system, and nuclear equipment. The AN/ALQ-135 Internal Countermeasures System is replaced by indigenous J/ALQ-8 and the AN/ALR-56 Radar Warning Receiver is replaced by J/APR-4. The engine is the Pratt & Whitney F100 turbofan, which IHI Corporation produced under license. Some are still characterized by Inertial Measurement unit, an old type of the Inertial Navigation unit. All F-15J/DJs has two old UHF radios, which are also VHF capable.

Its called Pre-MSIP,there are Remains 94 fighers.

Mitsubishi received F-15C/Ds MSIP and began with 1987 on F-15J/DJs to produce. Improvements included an uprated central computer, engines, Armament control set and added J/APQ-1 countermeasure set. Even the JASDF F-15s which already went into service caught the Japanese MSIP at the time of repair (IRAN). F-15J MSIPs were replaced from 1992 to F100-PW-220 (Also IHI-220 as); from 1996 to F100-PW-220E (Also IHI-220E as) was replaced. The difference in the appearance includes J/ALQ-8 ICS which an ICS antenna mounted under the intake. The J/APQ-4 RWR antenna position of F-15J/DJs is the same as F-15C/Ds, but the lens of F-15J/DJ MSIPs are black for white F-15C/Ds.

there are Remains 105 fighers(include 30+ updated F-15Js).

In 10 December 2004, the Japanese Government approved a Mid-Term Defense Program (MTDP) to perform modernization of F-15J MSIPs in five years by the cause of a new National Defense Program Guidelines. It appears the upgrade is being implemented in phases, but ultimately the refits will include a new ejection seat; replaced IHI-220E engines; more powerful processor; uprated electrical generation and cooling capabilities to support more avionics and the Raytheon AN/APG-63(V)1 radar. The APG-63(V)1 radar has been retrofitted to F-15Js by Mitsubishi Electric produced them under license from 1997. The Raytheon expects the programme will ultimately installing to 88 F-15Js.

In 17 December 2009,They gave priority to improvement of the F-15J and the F-2. F-15Js was increased from 26 to 48, and MoD purchased the part of the modernization for 38 fighters, however, the budget for improvement for the modernization is unfinished. 48 F-15Js of those get a Link 16 datalink and helmet-mounted sight after getting an original MTDPs modernization.The new radar will support the AAM-4 missile, the Japanese answer to the AMRAAM, and the helmet-mounted sight will support the AAM-5 dogfighting missile, which will replace the AAM-3.

Its like F-15C/D MSIP-2(USA 1985 Vision with better AAM) .now only 30+ fighers

Rafale >= J-10B > F-2 (updated ,only 16 fighters) > J-10A > F-2(60 + 6 fighers)
Yes, i agree. Due to J-10B single engine but Rafale's 2x engines more power and take more ammo, i think Rafale > J-10B.

Developed base on F15C/D

Those J-6 should be recycled so that the metal pieces can be used for bullets, missiles, guns, spare metal, etc....
After J-6 retired from PLAAF, many retired aircrafts developed as suicide UAV: J6 UAV as anti-ship missile
B9yXf.jpg

czoGR.jpg

J-6(China Mig-19) manufacure started from 1958 to early 1990s, during the Cold War time China totally produced 3000+ J-6 fighters. After there large J-6 groups retired, many of them just changed from a aircraft to a anti-ship missile.
Veteran do for the last duty~!
w5Zv4.jpg

J-10B only fly in Chinese Sky :china:,if you want to see J-10B, welcome to China.

I've never been to China. People say its a nice place and I agree.
I should probably pack my bags now:azn:

Yes, i agree. Due to J-10B single engine but Rafale's 2x engines more power and take more ammo, i think Rafale > J-10B.

Rafale $95 million > J-10B $40 million > F-2 (updated) $147million > J-10A $30 million > F-2 $135 million

I think J-10B are VFM.

Rafale $95 million > J-10B $40 million > F-2 (updated) $147million > J-10A $30 million > F-2 $135 million

I think J-10B are VFM.

I think PAF has a great chance to scrap and gain some money from their old aircraft and make some more Museums like in Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta, Bhawalpur and in Skardo to place some aircraft and rest should be melted.

j10bcomp.jpg

Who can translate for me the caption of the photo from 1 to 9?

I guess:

1 radar
2 IRST
3 RWR
4 Atenna
5 MAW
6 LWS
7 ECM
8 Tail MAW
9 Engine

This AESA ALRAAM missile is practically an air-launched ABM with the ducted ramjet + DPRM combination Japan's arming it with (unless I'm wrong, ALRAAMs operational today still use only one or the other means to increase range and speed, not both at the same time). The missile's engagement envelope will include many short-range theater ballistic missiles if there is enough early warning from BMD radars or sensor drones. ECCM helps the missile break through electronic disturbances; simultaneously, passive sensors on the launching aircraft pin-point the location of the disturbance source and transmit targeting data through datalink to other aircraft. F-15J/DJ and F-2 are getting upgraded IRSTs, ESMs and AESA radar to aid targeting.

20091226222657.png

f00828244ec4ef380b7c6.jpg

52228344.jpg

20091229025021.png

201108282020042.jpg

3dradiodirectionfinder0.jpg

20130116014610.jpg

viewerpidblsrcidadgeesg.png

The Su-35 deal firstly came out from Russia side(a Russian newspaper named "The business daily Kommersant"), both of DoD didn't admit it yet, i mean there's no official statements just rumors on the internet.
Anyway Su-35 is a good 3.5gen fighter, if true it's also not bad for PLAAF to equip 48x Su-35 fighters(Rumors said purchase 48x), and rumors said the truth of China to buy Su-35 only for Su-35's radar system and jet engines, wanna research 117S engines and RLSU-27 radar that Russia refuse to provide China alone. (U know China developing next gen fighter:J-20 and J-31, lack R/D experiences on thrust-vectoring jet engine)

So at last whether China will import Su-35 from Russia, i think it's still a good deal for PLAAF && China aviation industry, just 48x Su-35 to equip 2x new regiments of PLANAF and China aviation engineers can learn new technology to develop domesitc WS-15 jet engines.

1992, 1st group of 12x Su-27sk from Russia to join PLAAF. After 20 years, China Su-27sk started to retire from these 1st group.
Su-27ubk not retire, PLAAF need these two seats Su-27ubk to train new pilots. (Trainer for J-11B,now China still producing domestic J-11B,J-16 fighters)

PLAAF Su-27sk retired, 2009 old photos
eWshk.jpg

ad1Ra.jpg

After retire these old Su-27sk, now PLAAF still own 250+ J-11 and J-11B fighters, heavy fighter numbers still rise soon J-16(China version Su30mkk) and J-15(China version Su33) will join PLA together. Coz SAC can redesign and manufacture domestic Sukhoi fighters, China economy also can afford huge fighter groups.

Can't wait till all the old Su-27s and J-11s retire so we can get one at NUAA.

Japanese F-15Js are essentially the same as top of the line F-15As. They were top of the line fighters during the 90s and early 2000s but many still sport outdated radar/fire control systems. Only a hand full have been upgraded so that they could support AIM-120 and AAM-4. I think the JSDAF is waiting for the new F-X and probably won't spend more resources upgrading the aging F-15 fleet.

Back
Top Bottom