What's new

ITS OFFICIAL - Indian 5th Gen Fighter AMCA - Director interview

I trust @SOUTHie

#fakenews

Snecma which manufacture the Rafales M-88 core had agreed to help and certify the engine in 18 months as part of the Rafael offset.

Under the terms of the partnership with DRDO, Snecma is working to modify, certify and integrate the Kaveri on a Light Combat Aircraft airframe before 2020.

So no news is good news w.r.t Kaveri.

AMCA director REVEALS that the project is real & entry is scheduled for 2032

Explains WHY india ditched the FGFA with RUSSIA

Infrastucture in place VIA tejas programme

:rofl: Finish your lca junk first

:rofl: Finish your lca junk first

You mean this JUNK
29133436_1691572910937150_2084876160485339105_n.jpg

28472245_1682480188513089_3054569271175561631_n.jpg

I think THATS FIVE TEJAS JUNK in formation flight
27545204_1655825427845232_81729930032902570_n.jpg

3 IN THIS ONE

26169898_1623260231101752_2181580648964602703_n.jpg

wow ……………...what a junk fighter plane

I don't think I'll live that long to see it come to fruition ...

You mean this JUNK
29133436_1691572910937150_2084876160485339105_n.jpg

28472245_1682480188513089_3054569271175561631_n.jpg

I think THATS FIVE TEJAS JUNK in formation flight
27545204_1655825427845232_81729930032902570_n.jpg

3 IN THIS ONE

26169898_1623260231101752_2181580648964602703_n.jpg

wow ……………...what a junk fighter plane
Junk is junk, took 40 years, still not in service, your own Air Force don’t want it but place a token order

Watching the interview I think India will not get 5th gen any time soon because the person giving the speech don't knows what is 5th gen. He just copied pic of F-22 and made a speech and india has no plans for fifth gen this very speech is a proof of it. India has no idea at this stage about the requirements of 5th gen. His all speech is about 4th gen requirements. Lol

Watching the interview I think India will not get 5th gen any time soon because the person giving the speech don't knows what is 5th gen. He just copied pic of F-22 and made a speech and india has no plans for fifth gen this very speech is a proof of it. India has no idea at this stage about the requirements of 5th gen. His all speech is about 4th gen requirements. Lol

Because some random person on the internet would know more about AMCA than a person actually involved with the project.

As for AMCA looking like the F-22, that's because the F-22's design is the most optimum one.
Turkey's TFX and South Korea's K-FX too look like F-22s, why don't you cry about those as well.

I suggest you go visit the AMCA sticky if you really think India has no plans for a 5th gen fighter aircraft.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/adva...-amca-development-updates-discussions.298161/

It'll show you how far we already are with AMCA, from final designs to wind tunnel tests and rcs measurement tests, to various other stealth tech like jaumann absorbers etc have already been developed for AMCA.
The EOI has already been floated for the same, we aren't in the 'not-even-properly-in-the-drawing-board-phase' unlike some people.

There was a requirement for a consultant in Numerical Master Geometry etc. PhD isn't required, but decades of experience is. There are also requirements with BTech qualifications for mechanical, avionics, integration and so on.

More details of the prototype and consultants:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/details-of-indias-5th-gen-amca-technology-demonstrator-ngtd.545135/
I don't understand how decades of experience is a substitute for a good relevant PhD, or vice versa. Both are important. In western countries a lot of PhDs are hired. In the beginning of their modernisation, China needed significant Russian help - Chinese decades of experience, though important, was not enough.

Unless there is some other mechanism in ADA for core design aspects.

During LCA design phase, there were a few, but very competent people directly involved. However project mismanagement took its toll.

Finding vendors to fabricate the modules, which similarly to Tejas, will be multiple private sector companies big and small. The integration and testing could also be done by a big private sector firm.

Design is frozen.

Vendors for fabrication need not have people with very high qualifications, experience is important.

Design is frozen?? What aspects of design - aerodynamics? Electronics is surely a long way off.

I don't understand how decades of experience is a substitute for a good relevant PhD, or vice versa. Both are important. In western countries a lot of PhDs are hired. In the beginning of their modernisation, China needed significant Russian help - Chinese decades of experience, though important, was not enough.

Unless there is some other mechanism in ADA for core design aspects.

During LCA design phase, there were a few, but very competent people directly involved. However project mismanagement took its toll.

Note that being a Master was a big deal a few decades ago. So if you're looking for someone with a lot of experience, a PhD requirement would eliminate many resourceful candidates.

One of the greatest numerical scientists of India is not a PhD. Neither is one of the most well-known physicists. There are many like them.

Note that being a Master was a big deal a few decades ago. So if you're looking for someone with a lot of experience, a PhD requirement would eliminate many resourceful candidates.

One of the greatest numerical scientists of India is not a PhD. Neither is one of the most well-known physicists. There are many like them.

A few decades ago having a masters degree, at least in India, was a big deal - sure i agree with what you said. But this was also because there were very few of them and we were also very much primitive technologically. At one time having a simple BA degree was a like a big bang, and some of them used to advertise this degree on the doors of their house. At one time even a BE degree (even from non-premier institutes) was a great thing.

You correctly said that a mandatory PhD degree will certainly eliminate many good candidates, but my point is that at times you require a person with proper grounding in research, and experience may not be enough - just like a lot of experience is also vital for such intensive projects.

There is a reason why the top academic institutes in India are looking for candidates with post PhD research experience - even a PhD is not always enough.

Both PhD guys and experienced guys are important.

I would like to know the names of the greatest numerical scientist and physicist - it will improve my knowledge. Thanks.

So you are a aviation expert working for Lockheed Martin

I bet you deliver pizza for a living

You know nothing about Aero science
And Pakistan knows nothing either relatively compared to India

Lca is here
Mark two getting close to first flight
Amca. To arrive

Live with it

Back
Top Bottom