Pakistan
It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat
By Entertainment Desk
Published: January 23, 2018
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1615988-image-1516700686-791-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: SCREENGRAB

Pakistani starlet Mehwish Hayat recently shared her two cents on how a woman dresses has nothing to do with the way she’s treated.

Taking to Instagram, the Punjab Nahi Jaungi actor shared a clip from her blockbuster Actor in Law which also starred Fahad Mustafa. She captioned it, “There is a misconception that the way a woman dresses is what attracts abuse.”

‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ becomes highest grossing Pakistani movie of all time

Hayat added, “This is something that we dealt with in my film Actor in Law. When a woman wearing a ‘burkha’ also attracted vilification. The way that a woman dresses has no bearing on the way she is treated. This is simply down to the mentality of some of the misogynistic elements in our society.”

This is not the first time Hayat has been vocal about Times Up campaign that took Hollywood by storm. Sharing her thoughts previously, the Jawani Phir Nahi Ani starlet posted a picture on Instagram in which she was sporting an all-black outfit and captioned it, “It is time for women of the world to stand up for their rights. Today, I wear black in solidarity with my industry colleagues in US and push this message to the women of my own homeland, Pakistan. We are no less than men by virtue of our gender. Harassment of any form is totally unacceptable and we will not tolerate it.”

Hayat made her silver screen debut with the popular item number, Billi in Na Maloom Afraad’s first installment. As much as her spins and twirls were admired (and rightfully so, as she stole everyone’s thunder), she was also severely denounced for pioneering a departed trend that is more often than not, looked down upon.

Farhan Saeed spotted on the sets of ‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ and we can’t help but wonder

“I think criticism comes with appreciation. Again, that very situation in Na Maloom Afraad was a goons’ after-party. Billi was a character – she represented the lust of a certain class and none of it was forced,” she justified.

“Look at yesteryear cinema in our country, they even had mujras. It’s not that we’ve been inspired by India or we’ve started something new; it’s been a part of our cinema for ages. Then again, it shouldn’t be vulgar, it should appear sensual and appealing, but there’s a fine line between the two,” she stated.

Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1615988/4-misconception-way-women-dress-attracts-abuse-mehwish-hayat/

Haha this video again :D

When hamza abbasi says such things . He's respected to the core nd when a female does that ... she becomes source of fun ?
He is an educated person and not an actor but a anchor person / political analyst. But I admit he is a handsome chap so may be you mistook for a model / male actor :rofl:

Peer o murshad is not an actor
Hamza20Ali20Abbasi2014-78-1442612872.jpg
Bhai now let me put in this way. His claim to fame is not being an actor. He may have acted in some odd film / drama but all of know him as an activist, anchor person - analyst who dares to discuss difficult or taboo topics. You can disagree with him but you can't discredit his academic qualification.

Wait guys..I have to go for a meeting but we shall continue from here. It is strange you guys don't know about Pakistan...burger kids.

Bhai now let me put in this way. His claim to fame is not being an actor. He may have acted in some odd film / drama but all of know him as an activist, anchor person - analyst who dares to discuss difficult or taboo topics. You can disagree with him but you can't discredit his academic qualification.
And what do u say about Mehwish Hayat ?

Bhai now let me put in this way. His claim to fame is not being an actor.
Yes yes it is he used he started out as an actor and after he built a solid career did he venture into journalism
12818911_203437513352979_1850342139_n.jpg

23641-coverblog-1407921097-912-640x480.jpg

Ok this drama had the best ost
He is Noori Nath in Maula Jutt remake
hamza-ali-abbasi-maula-jatt-2.jpg

He may have acted in some odd film / drama
Um no
Career[edit]
Abbasi studied in the United States and returned to Pakistan to pursue his career.[citation needed] He started his career in 2006 as a theatre actor and appeared in several plays such as Bombay Dreams, Phantom of the Opera, and Home is Where Your Clothes Are. He made his directorial debut with the feature film Mud House and the Golden Doll, which he describes as a simple story about simple people.[6] He voiced Baba bandook, the main antagonist, and Vadero Pajero in the Unicorn Black produced animated series, Burka Avenger.[7]He is also a strong supporter of Pakistan's third largest political party and cricketer-led Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf.[8]

Theatre[edit]
Year Play Director
2006 Dally in the Dark Shah Shahrahbeel
2007 Bombay Dreams
Home is Where Your Clothes Are
The Addams Family
Phantom of the Opera
Tom, Dick and Harry
Moulin Rouge Ghazala Siddiqui
2011 Bombay Dreams
Filmography[edit]
Film[edit]
Key
Dagger-14-plain.png
Denotes films that have not yet been released
Year Title Actor Role Director Notes
2011 The Glorious Resolve Yes Tariq Documentary film
Mudhouse And The Golden Doll Yes Malang Yes Directorial debut
2013 Main Hoon Shahid Afridi Yes Maulvi Majeed ARY Film Award for Best Star Debut Male
Waar Yes Ehtisham ARY Film Award for Best Supporting Actor
2015 Jawani Phir Nahi Ani Yes Saif
2016 Ho Mann Jahaan Yes Malang Baba Cameo appearance
2016 Tharak La Ilaj Hai Aamir
2017 Maula Jatt 2
Dagger-14-plain.png
Yes Noori Nath
2017 Shaan-e-Ishq Mehwish's Brother Cameo appearance
TBA Kambakht
Dagger-14-plain.png
Yes Yes Film Re-worked
TBA Parwaaz Hay Junoon[9]
Dagger-14-plain.png
Yes TBA In Production
Television[edit]
Year Title Role Note(s)
2012 Meray Dard Ko Jo Zuban Miley Azam TV Debut
2013–2015 Burka Avenger Baba Bandook Voice Over
2013 Pyaray Afzal Afzal Subhanullah Drama serial, Main role[10]
Ek Tha Raja aur Ek Thi Rani Farhan Telefilm
Gullo Weds Gooli Gullo Telefilm
2016 Mann Mayal Salahuddin Drama serial, Main role
Hosting[edit]
Awards and nominations[edit]
Year Nominee/work Award Result
ARY Film Awards

2014 Waar ARY Film Award for Best Supporting Actor Won
Main Hoon Shahid Afridi ARY Film Award for Best Star Debut Male Won
2016 Jawani Phir Nahi Ani Best Supporting Actor Won
Lux Style Awards
2015 Pyarey Afzal Best TV Actor Won
International Pakistan Prestige Awards
2017 Style Icon of the Year Male[12][13] Won
but all of know him as an activist, anchor person - analyst who dares to discuss difficult or taboo topics.
Ignorance is nothing to be proud of
Wait guys..I have to go for a meeting but we shall continue from here. It is strange you guys don't know about Pakistan...burger kids.
Would love to hear from you after countering you :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom