What's new

Italy recalls ambassador from India over case against marines: AFP

xTra

Reaction score
Country
India
ROME: Italy on Tuesday recalled its ambassador from India in protest over a new delay in the legal proceedings against two Italian marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen.

Ambassador Daniele Mancini will return to Italy immediately for consultations, the foreign ministry said in a statement, condemning "a new and unacceptable delay by the Indian Supreme Court".

The two marines killed two Indian fishermen they mistook for pirates while guarding a cargo ship in 2012.

Source : Italy recalls ambassador from India over charges against marines - The Times of India

Last edited:
Rome (dpa) - Italy recalls its ambassador to New Delhi in reaction to India‘s Supreme Court delaying its ruling by another week on charges against two Italian marines accused of shooting two Indian fishermen.

"The Italian government has decided the immediate recall to Rome for consultations of the ambassador to New Delhi, Daniele Mancini," Foreign Minister Emma Bonino says.

"Given the further, unacceptable postponement this morning by the Indian Supreme Court ... and India‘s manifest incapacity to handle the affair, Italy will continue and intensify its efforts for the recognition of its rights as a sovereign country in conformity with international law," Bonino says.

"Italy‘s main objective remains to secure the return home as soon as possible of the two marines," she says.

EXTRA: Italy recalls ambassador to India over marines case | EUROPE ONLINE

So, make application to join in the proceedings if you haven't done so yet. Until then stop whining and moaning about court procedure in India. The courts aren't going to jump up and start working efficiently simply because two ghoras are appearing before it. Get used to this. It is what Indian families undergo regularly if not daily

"Given the further, unacceptable postponement this morning by the Indian Supreme Court ... and India‘s manifest incapacity to handle the affair, Italy will continue and intensify its efforts for the recognition of its rights as a sovereign country in conformity with international law," Bonino says.

That's a pretty rude thing to say.

And this guy is the Italian Foreign Minister?

I wish they took Sonia Gandhi too ,,:-)

On Topic,,,,This episode is getting messy day by day,,,Test for our Indian Govt,,If they stand Still or ll bend,,,Wait n watch..

That's a pretty rude thing to say.

And this guy is the Italian Foreign Minister?
There are mistakes from both side. Our mistake is that our process is extremely slow and thus It could have been handled in better way and Italy's mistake is that they are extremely rude and warning India every now and then. I hope both side will solve this issue more appropriately but sadly Only after elections now.

She is a girl and it was a joke.

Anyway Welcome to PDF and introduce yourself first in the relevant section.

Tnx buddy.

Not cool man.

Chill man...

Yo Whos the Girl here ???:triniti:If u pointing me,,,Dont u dare to change my gender,,:butcher:

There are mistakes from both side. Our mistake is that our process is extremely slow and thus It could have been handled in better way and Italy's mistake is that they are extremely rude and warning India every now and then. I hope both side will solve this issue more appropriately but sadly Only after elections now.

Thats impossible now. From our point of view india tries evrything to appear like a banana bongo bongo republic. This case is a diplomatic worst case scenario and destroyes the relations of two nations that were always friendly towards each other.

It appears for us that the indian officials are unable to deal with this case in a porper manner. Calling ambassador home is the hardest step in diplomacy. The only worse would be to close the embassy. Nobody can like this situation to happen.

This is escalating into something very bad and i already said i fear italy and india need a 3rd party to negotiate about this.

Back
Top Bottom