What's new

Italy pays $380,000 to families of dead Indian fishermen

IM sure not even half of the money would reach into the hands of the family.

IM sure not even half of the money would reach into the hands of the family.

I think this time it's different my friend. Apparently the cheq for 1 cr each was handed over to the family & in return Italians got a letter of pardon!!

it's funny because the indians on PDF were trying to pull a number and mock Pakistan for releasing that guy Raymond ''Davis'' after his government paid the families of the victims he murdered in broad daylight

(a release condition I was passionately opposed to)

Abu, there is a difference..

The difference is that US got Raymond Davis out by bulldozing and arm-twisting Pakistan. Money was paid not as compensation but to maintain clean image of US in Pakistan.

In India's case, if you feel that Italy can diplomatically pressurize or threaten India to release their marines then you must be hallucinating. Hell, Italy is running to EU to convince India for releasing marines.

The real reason that India might release Italian marines is that after paying INR 1 Cr compensation, GoI position becomes hypocritical. India where thousands people die everyday due to corruption and negligence on part of administration and govt cannot make strong case even in eyes of its own citizens, let alone world. Even GoI doesn't pay compensation that huge for fisherman killed by SL navy or Pak navy.

But let's see what SC verdict is. Murder is crime against state, not against an individual. Thus pardon letter might be useless.

Abu, there is a difference..

The difference is that US got Raymond Davis out by bulldozing and arm-twisting Pakistan. Money was paid not as compensation but to maintain clean image of US in Pakistan.

In India's case, if you feel that Italy can diplomatically pressurize or threaten India to release their marines then you must be hallucinating. Hell, Italy is running to EU to convince India for releasing marines.

The real reason that India might release Italian marines is that after paying INR 1 Cr compensation, GoI position becomes hypocritical. India where thousands people die everyday due to corruption and negligence on part of administration and govt cannot make strong case even in eyes of its own citizens, let alone world. Even GoI doesn't pay compensation that huge for fisherman killed by SL navy or Pak navy.

But let's see what SC verdict is. Murder is crime against state, not against an individual. Thus pardon letter might be useless.

it's actually the opposite.....they didnt "army twist" Pakistan until 2 May. So you logic doesnt really hold.

though i do suspect someone in the government had a "frank" discussion with the family members to accept the blood money....whether we like it or not, the family accepted it.

that's why I jokingly said that Sharia law in this context actually screwed Pakistan over big time. I didnt want Davis released but well that's just me

it really isnt that different in your case (except for some details in the circumstances) and i bet anything these marines will be released as well...in fact, your government is already giving those signals that they'll buckle soon.

it's actually the opposite.....they didnt "army twist" Pakistan until 2 May. So you logic doesnt really hold.

though i do suspect someone in the government had a "frank" discussion with the family members to accept the blood money....whether we like it or not, the family accepted it.

that's why I jokingly said that Sharia law in this context actually screwed Pakistan over big time. I didnt want Davis released but well that's just me

it really isnt that different in your case (except for some details in the circumstances) and i bet anything these marines will be released as well...in fact, your government is already giving those signals that they'll buckle soon.

It was decided even before Italy paid the compensation. Here the family of the victims had no role , unlike in Davies 's case.

it would have been worse if the family had no role and they just unilaterally released the guy.....they accepted the blood money (much to my and others' chagrine)

It was decided even before Italy paid the compensation. Here the family of the victims had no role , unlike in Davies 's case.

With this compensation paid, I think the courts will let go of the ship is under custody for the last 2 months. Does anybody know what happened to its crew that also includes 19 Indians. Are they still on board ship?

I think the Marines should be released, it looks like they made a genuine mistake. I don't think it was done by purpose.

Ḥashshāshīn;2867878 said:
I think the fishermen should be released, it looks like they made a genuine mistake. I don't think it was done by purpose.

?????? :what: Please read the article before posting !

what ever the indian judiciary does not work like this if the family members take the case back it can be fought by a NGO or by an indivisual as it is a crime again the nation not against a particular person

Ḥashshāshīn;2867878 said:
I think the Marines should be released, it looks like they made a genuine mistake. I don't think it was done by purpose.

At 4:30 in the evening???

Ḥashshāshīn;2867936 said:
Some Indians are really dark (no offence) so they could look like Somali Pirates a bit

Binoculars.....Warning Shots....Basic Common Sense

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom