What's new

Italy delivering surplus self-propelled howitzers to Pakistan Army

There is enough innovation going on for example the old 37mm twin barrel ack ack guns have been automated and can be linked to laser range finders and radars. All artillary units are now equippped with locally developed ballistic computers including GPS and much more.
The 37 mm Ack Ack is Air Defense and that too very basic.
And for the second point of Artillery Control system, Nope that's not correct sorry.

Do you think I don’t know that ack ack are air defence guns? The upgrade brings similar capabilities as Oerlikons to WW2 vintage design. If that is not innovation, what is? Go check GIDS website for artillary computers. Even 25 pounder batteries from the 50s are using them.

Even a intertial navigation system for artillary system is underdevelopment. This is what Paladin has.

what is the range of these guns?
Being 39 Cal would mean Rg around 17-18 kms on Normal Charge, 24 with Charge Super and 30 with RAP.
Do you think I don’t know that ack ack are air defence guns? Go check GIDs website for artillary computers.

Even a intertial navigation system for artillary system is underdevelopment.
Website vs on ground is different, please don't ask me how I know ON ground.
Edit: 25 Pdrs using them?
Funny.

Being 39 Cal would mean Rg around 17-18 kms on Normal Charge, 24 with Charge Super and 30 with RAP.

Website vs on ground is different, please don't ask me how I know ON ground.
Edit: 25 Pdrs using them?
Funny.

The 25 pounders were seen in a documentary being deployed on western front, last year some time!

The 25 pounders were seen in a documentary being deployed on western front, last year some time!
Yes, they are deployed there, and the artillery calculator AFDCD is being used, but not for the 25 Pdr for that the calc is the old FX 880, you are confusing AFDCD and AFCS
Former is a computing device and the later a control system.
The later is what you mean and NO it has not been deployed yet.

images (4).png

In simple terms It is the length of Barrel measured in the diameter of the barrel.
A 39 Cal 155 mm gun would mean a shorter barrel,
A 52 Cal 155 mm gun would mean a longer barrel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom