What's new

Italy delivering surplus self-propelled howitzers to Pakistan Army

Italian adopting new howitzer and selling or giving away. They been in service for long time. Plus, good deal, they all modified with European parts.
Good what about new wheeled howitzer .Deal fro pak aarmy

It is not very beneficial to have the M109A2 and M109L upgraded to M109A5 as the latter also uses a 39 caliber gun, albeit an improved version.

Rheinmetall offers an upgrade package for old M109s which includes replacing the 39 cal. gun with a 52 cal. gun.

PA is evaluating new base bleed ammo from Europe, which increases 39 cal. gun range to 30 km and the 52 cals. over 40 km.

Sir I Knew this will come however for your knowledge sake the same issue already explained in Mahaaz Program, where it was cleared that ISI has got confirm intelligence reports that T90s have been deployed by India near LOC. U may view three Parts on Kashmir one of them consists info.
I’ve seen indian reports on that... mahaaz ain’t Hadith bro.

They are using T-55s and Vijayanta tanks as bunker cum canons on LOC position.

Good what about new wheeled howitzer .Deal fro pak aarmy
I don't know why all of sudden PA demand for howitzer has increased. In two fields PA rejected almost all brands of howitzer and tanks in the market. But, we can see one aspect after Kargil debacle PA realize the importance of latest howitzer. Do we miss something in Kargil ? or howitzer is the best protection for companies secured movement in mountain terrain or these guns angular guidance is so precise with feet and inches to disable enemy few yards away. ????? @ any serving military person ..

Last edited:
. The exporter has been reported as Leonardo Defence Systems.
this is the same company that makes the aw-139 for pakistan
maxresdefault.jpg

these guns were probably a sweetener

Wheeled SPH tender is active.

This is a boost to the artillery. With the delivered pieces, 1 new artillery brigade can be raised. There are many companies including Rheinmetall offering upgrade of old M109s with new 52 cal. gun.

Note that the exact number of M109L's Pakistan is to receive is not known, so more deliveries in the coming months are a possibility. Italy had 283 pcs, 10 were delivered to Djibouti (which I think are the 52 cal. examples).

There is some additional info. On 7 December 2017, a large self propelled howitzer shipment weighing 1045.98 tonnes (almost 38 M109) has arrived in Pakistan via Toronto. Are those ex Canadian examples is the question.

@Signalian @Ulla @HRK @django @Starlord

Since past many years, towed Medium Regiments were converted in SP Regiments.
Most of these converted SP Regiments were then allotted to Independent Armored Brigade Groups. e.g 31 SP in 3rd IABG, IV Corps.

Heard after snipers big guns were the order of the day did the policy change?
Sab kuch LOC pe laga do, IA RAPID's ko FC and Rangers handle ker le gi na :yahoo:

Since past many years, towed Medium Regiments were converted in SP Regiments.
Most of these converted SP Regiments were then allotted to Independent Armored Brigade Groups. e.g 31 SP in 3rd IABG, IV Corps.

Sab kuch LOC pe laga do, IA RAPID's ko FC and Rangers handle ker le gi na :yahoo:
Phaday wahein hotey hain larkey bhu udhar hi bulayein gay

9338f11c539db8f2e7af22855ff9b42e.jpg

M109L

Under a contract dated 30 June 2015, Pakistan Army is receiving surplus M109L self propelled howitzers from Italy since last year. The data has been collected from pak.eximtradeinfo.com website, which maintains an import database. The exporter has been reported as Leonardo Defence Systems.

Deliveries reported:

10x M109L arrived on 13 May 2017

9x M109L arrived on 27 May 2017

20x M109L arrived on 6 November 2017

26x M109L arrived on 28 March 2018
wow, those many self-propelled howitzers will pack an extremely powerful punch...

Only overhauling facility for some parts !
To be honest my friend, HIT doesn't even touch Artillery, it's 502 that does it and there is no concept of upgrading of artillery in Pakistan, the best we can do is Base OverHaul and in even that we can't fix the Barrel or Chamber.

To be honest my friend, HIT doesn't even touch Artillery, it's 502 that does it and there is no concept of upgrading of artillery in Pakistan, the best we can do is Base OverHaul and in even that we can't fix the Barrel or Chamber.

That's really sad, if I am not wrong, we should have ca. now 400 M-109 series, are we shipping them to the US or how are we overhauling our whole Artillery Inventory by foreign company's, everything outside? If we are not overhauling our Artillery inventory in a correct way like you mentioned then it means only half of our equipment is battle ready!@Signalian are we here underestimating our capabilities or is that true?

And what means that here than: "Symbol of Pride"

2093ugx.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom