What's new

Italy delivering surplus self-propelled howitzers to Pakistan Army

I was thinking, most certainly MRO would need to be setup at HIT. Would that divert resources from Al-Khalid?

Also, tactics and training would take time. Now seems to be a good time to join Artillery because they will need to induct more people.
M109s are already being rebuilt at HIT. The Italian deal is a real scoop.

I was thinking, most certainly MRO would need to be setup at HIT. Would that divert resources from Al-Khalid?

Also, tactics and training would take time. Now seems to be a good time to join Artillery because they will need to induct more people.

I think we will induct them fairly quickly.

Scrap to be honest bro. 42 ton LEO 1's are consigned to history.
The artillery is well worth it. It's given the PA a huge punch.

not the tanks, but the M113 in sheer numbers which is like carboot sale for Pakistan. I guess it will help raise more mechanised units and overall more strike corps.

IA won't buy more than 150 of K-9 while PA will have 325+245= around 570 of tracked SPH almost 5 times of IA. But we will have 1000s of towed, 1000s of truck MGS and 1000s of Light artillery but not tracked SPG. Reasons are simple, geography and our doctrine.

You think PA dont have towed guns?? Derr PA is upgrading its towed guns to 155/52 caliber same gun used in K-9, here PA will have edge as they will be able to field guns as per requirement.

Also towed guns are good for defence not for offence or cold start type doctrine.

Slightly off topic but could not resist posting the two IVFs from Germany - beautiful vehicles.

German - Puma IVF, and Lynx

You think PA dont have towed guns?? Derr PA is upgrading its towed guns to 155/52 caliber same gun used in K-9, here PA will have edge as they will be able to field guns as per requirement.

Also towed guns are good for defence not for offence or cold start type doctrine.

its a good choice going for the Korean Towed gun. Doesn't cost soo much but does the same job

M109L variant en route Pakistan in 2017. PA may end up buying the entire Italian inventory. Leonardo will also offer the 52 cal. upgrade.

RTURbcA.jpg
what is the estimate per gun cost ?

Pakistan also has 155mm M198 towed guns. The M777 that India is acquiring is a stripped down version of M198 to allow for air mobility.

Strike cores cant field towed art and maintain mobility ..i am.surprised that despite the hue and cry of cold start this is ignored..
India needs SPH, IFV, Tanks and APC in large numbers if they are going to have any chance of even trying cold start

Strike cores cant field towed art and maintain mobility ..i am.surprised that despite the hue and cry of cold start this is ignored..
India needs SPH, IFV, Tanks and APC in large numbers if they are going to have any chance of even trying cold start

Heavy SPAs are core element of strike formations as they are the ones which destroy harden enemy defences and destroy enemy units at distance, allowing movement to armor columns.

Back
Top Bottom