What's new

Italy aims to expand G8 to include China, India, Brazil

Russia was qualified enough to be a member long before 1998 but could not join the pretigious group due Communist Regime. Even after USSR desintegrated in 1991 it took almost seven years for her to reform and revitalise the economy and infrastructure to become the 8th member of G8.
It has nothing to do with the per capita income, rather with the economical and technological weight and potential she carried with her. :coffee:

thats the point, G8 has got nothing to do with the per capita income.......I was explaining the same thing to Maqsad by giving the example of Russia. here in G8 what matter is how big your economy, not per capita.... and not how many poors.... countries like India Brazil Russia will soon over take the UK france Italy and canadian economy in terms of GDP no. china will soon overtake the Japanese economy...... still these emerging countries will have considerable no of poors but they will also have considerable amount of influense on the global economy due to their large size of economy.

thats the point, G8 has got nothing to do with the per capita income.......I was explaining the same thing to Maqsad by giving the example of Russia. here in G8 what matter is how big your economy, not per capita.... and not how many poors.... countries like India Brazil Russia will soon over take the UK france Italy and canadian economy in terms of GDP no. china will soon overtake the Japanese economy...... still these emerging countries will have considerable no of poors but they will also have considerable amount of influense on the global economy due to their large size of economy.

You don't seem to get it, do you? India has absolutely no influence in the world economy because China can provide the world with quadruple the exports that India provides them with no trouble at all. I already explained that India does not have the "technological prowess" or "industrial prowess" to challenge anyone in the same way that China does when it comes to brute force manufacturing ability at cheap prices.

So once again, my point is that the invitation into the G8 has some ulterior motive. It is a carrot, ie part of some sort of control mechanism whereby this will be used to wean India into a neocolonial type of future economy. There is something else going in here besides the simplistic nonsense which is being sold in this thread by Indians getting high on themselves.

You don't seem to get it, do you? India has absolutely no influence in the world economy because China can provide the world with quadruple the exports that India provides them with no trouble at all. I already explained that India does not have the "technological prowess" or "industrial prowess" to challenge anyone in the same way that China does when it comes to brute force manufacturing ability at cheap prices.

So once again, my point is that the invitation into the G8 has some ulterior motive. It is a carrot, ie part of some sort of control mechanism whereby this will be used to wean India into a neocolonial type of future economy. There is something else going in here besides the simplistic nonsense which is being sold in this thread by Indians getting high on themselves.

I am not getting you. You are saying that china has great prowess, but how it came because the manufacturing is out sourced there so that it can be built in cheap prices, nothing else. If there prices increase the manufacturing will move some where else. As simple as that.

Now what is this neo colonial type of future economy? care to explain.

No I don't. The second graph doesn't visually represent figures properly. India is supposed to be 100 while china is supposed to be about 200 so this means that the red line at 200 should be 1/5th of the way to the 1,000 bar. It is clearly not which is what I am pointing out. You and your friend have some serious trouble understanding simple english. I bet you didn't even understand what I said just now.

This chart below is complete nonsense, who made it up? It shows the per capita productivity of the Chinese as being equal to India's when the truth is that China is more than twice as productive per capita as well as overall than India is. Total fabrication.

Both of your posts are completely wrong. The chart is fine.

Also, you seem to have changed your position from the last post.

Clearly, the graph doesn't show Chinese productivity equal to India, and China's graph at 200 is perfectly accurate.

Oh, and its not complete nonsense.

Last edited:
I am not getting you. You are saying that china has great prowess, but how it came because the manufacturing is out sourced there so that it can be built in cheap prices, nothing else. If there prices increase the manufacturing will move some where else. As simple as that.

I didn't say China had great prowess. What I said was the India does not have great "industrial prowess" as you yourself claimed in post #17:

The G 8 expansion is more to reflect the growing industrial prowess of nations

Now this is what prowess means according to an online dictionary:

1. exceptional valor, bravery, or ability, esp. in combat or battle.
2. exceptional or superior ability, skill, or strength: his prowess as a public speaker.
3. a valiant or daring deed.

Then to further clarify my point I added that India does not have any "technological prowess" either and I backed that up by showing that despite having 1/5th of the world's population India does not produce any technologically advanced products today by any stretch of the imagination which are competitive enough for export and in fact is reliant even on tiny nations like Israel for defence technology. Everyone knows that and there is no disputing it. Well at least not by rational people.

So once again this shows that India's invitation into the expanding G8 has nothing to do with it's prowess or "growing influence" anywhere because India has absolutely no clout whatsoever and is in fact dependent on the world economy for a lot of exports which can very easily be replaced by someone else.

And as I stated so many times it has no manufacturing capacity which can compete with China's. China can still produce goods cheaper than anyone else on the planet. India isn't even close as far as I know.

Now what is this neo colonial type of future economy? care to explain.

Neo means new and colonial, well I think we all know what that means. A neocolonial economy would be an economy controlled almost entirely from the outside by colonialists obviously. This will possibly take the form of global multinationals with one foot in India throwing crumbs at Indians even in areas such as R&D but keeping the really juicy profits out of Indian hands somehow.

The intricate details of how all this will transpire are not easy to relay in a few paragraphs but my point is that this self glorification engaged in by Indians in this thread is veering far from the truth.

So once again, my point is that the invitation of India into the G8 has some ulterior motive. It is a carrot, ie part of some sort of control mechanism whereby this will be used to wean India into a neocolonial type of future economy. There is something else going in here besides the simplistic nonsense which is being sold in this thread by Indians getting high on themselves.

No I don't. The second graph doesn't visually represent figures properly. India is supposed to be 100 while china is supposed to be about 200 so this means that the red line at 200 should be 1/5th of the way to the 1,000 bar. It is clearly not which is what I am pointing out. You and your friend have some serious trouble understanding simple english. I bet you didn't even understand what I said just now.

Leave it.

The graphs are just fine, the neeyat is not.

That is the first pre-condition as I mentioned earlier and you fail miserably at the first step.

Anyway no more wasting my time on this. Its obvious where you are coming from.

You don't take the decisions (and won't for some time), those who matter think differently and that's all that matters.

I didn't say China had great prowess. What I said was the India does not have great "industrial prowess" as you yourself claimed in post #17:

The G 8 expansion is more to reflect the growing industrial prowess of nations

Now this is what prowess means according to an online dictionary:

1. exceptional valor, bravery, or ability, esp. in combat or battle.
2. exceptional or superior ability, skill, or strength: his prowess as a public speaker.
3. a valiant or daring deed.

Then to further clarify my point I added that India does not have any "technological prowess" either and I backed that up by showing that despite having 1/5th of the world's population India does not produce any technologically advanced products today by any stretch of the imagination which are competitive enough for export and in fact is reliant even on tiny nations like Israel for defence technology. Everyone knows that and there is no disputing it. Well at least not by rational people.

So once again this shows that India's invitation into the expanding G8 has nothing to do with it's prowess or "growing influence" anywhere because India has absolutely no clout whatsoever and is in fact dependent on the world economy for a lot of exports which can very easily be replaced by someone else.
You are just running around with nonsense. The growing indutrial prowess means there influence in global economy is increasing to what extent, well certainly it has reached the level where they should be invited for a till now exclusive club.

as flintlock said you are changing stance now, check your posts:
I didn't say China had great prowess.

And as I stated so many times it has no manufacturing capacity which can compete with China's. China can still produce goods cheaper than anyone else on the planet. India isn't even close as far as I know.
Yes, so this again proves that they have no prowess, they are just building the things cheaply, nothing else.

Neo means new and colonial, well I think we all know what that means. A neocolonial economy would be an economy controlled almost entirely from the outside by colonialists obviously. This will possibly take the form of global multinationals with one foot in India throwing crumbs at Indians even in areas such as R&D but keeping the really juicy profits out of Indian hands somehow.

The intricate details of how all this will transpire are not easy to relay in a few paragraphs but my point is that this self glorification engaged in by Indians in this thread is veering far from the truth.

So once again, my point is that the invitation of India into the G8 has some ulterior motive. It is a carrot, ie part of some sort of control mechanism whereby this will be used to wean India into a neocolonial type of future economy. There is something else going in here besides the simplistic nonsense which is being sold in this thread by Indians getting high on themselves.

So MNC are taking the profits away? really then you are not aware of the ground truth. The big MNC's are made in long period India has started to integrate with world economy in 1991 only. So it will take time to create big companies. But wait it already started. Reliance taking over Flag Telecom, Tata taken over Corus.

as flintlock said you are changing stance now, check your posts:

I didn't say China had great prowess.

Yes, so this again proves that they have no prowess, they are just building the things cheaply, nothing else.

Huh? What is your point first of all and how do my statements(even not taken in context) contradict each other? My point is that India has no economic clout due to any sort of "industrial prowess" or "technological prowess". And compared to China there is nothing that India can do cheaper in the "brute force" manufacturing niches to compete effectively with China--in other words nobody has a reason, an ecomomic reason, to go to India to outsource manufacturing.

So MNC are taking the profits away? really then you are not aware of the ground truth. The big MNC's are made in long period India has started to integrate with world economy in 1991 only. So it will take time to create big companies. But wait it already started. Reliance taking over Flag Telecom, Tata taken over Corus.

I suspect this is just an illusion, these MNCs will not be allowed to benefit India much more than a little bit of trickledown to a handful of the population. Tata isn't even an Indian controlled company, some Irani founded it in the past and an Irani today runs it and he will be collaborating with globalist MNCs in the future. You can't call that person a native Indian by any stretch of the imagination.

You keep trying to derail the discussion by flying off on irrelevent tangents so I am going to restate my original point yet again:

My point is that the invitation of India into the G8 has some ulterior motive. It is a carrot, ie part of some sort of control mechanism whereby this will be used to wean India into a neocolonial type of future economy. There is something else going in here besides the simplistic nonsense which is being sold in this thread by Indians getting high on themselves.

^Well by living and working in the US, you are contributing to the neocolonialism. Perhaps you should come back to Pakistan and work on a farm.
Because that's the only way to escape the global zionist neocolonial economy.

Unfortunately, even as a farmer, you will be at the mercy of the Neocolonially controlled Pak government, so maybe you should migrate to Mongolia and breed horses.

Huh? What is your point first of all and how do my statements(even not taken in context) contradict each other? My point is that India has no economic clout due to any sort of "industrial prowess" or "technological prowess". And compared to China there is nothing that India can do cheaper in the "brute force" manufacturing niches to compete effectively with China--in other words nobody has a reason, an ecomomic reason, to go to India to outsource manufacturing.
So, again you are not having touch with ground realities. Heard of posco plant in orissa? heard of nano project of TATA? heard of hyundai, ford plans to make India global hub for small cars. heard of maruti suzuki export of cars. No obviously you have ignored it. china started the reforms in late 1970's and India started in 1990's. So obviously there is a gap. And both countries have a different political system, so there is going to be difference.

My point is that the invitation of India into the G8 has some ulterior motive. It is a carrot, ie part of some sort of control mechanism whereby this will be used to wean India into a neocolonial type of future economy. There is something else going in here besides the simplistic nonsense which is being sold in this thread by Indians getting high on themselves.
ok so come to the point which control mechanism you are talking about?
don't run around with saying the same thing again and again.

Tata isn't even an Indian controlled company, some Irani founded it in the past and an Irani today runs it and he will be collaborating with globalist MNCs in the future. You can't call that person a native Indian by any stretch of the imagination.

Whoever is born in India and/or holds Indian citizenship is Indian.

Do you have some other definition of Indian?

Whoever is born in India and/or holds Indian citizenship is Indian.

Do you have some other definition of Indian?

Ok so by your definition if Prince Charles and Lady Diana were staying in India for a few years and had Prince William there he would be an Indian? Oh and Laxmi Mittal--are his kids going to be Britishers?

Ok so by your definition if Prince Charles and Lady Diana were staying in India for a few years and had Prince William there he would be an Indian? Oh and Laxmi Mittal--are his kids going to be Britishers?

you are again running around. He clearly said "born or holding Indian citizenship" in Indian. Don't twist the words.

So, again you are not having touch with ground realities. Heard of posco plant in orissa? heard of nano project of TATA? heard of hyundai, ford plans to make India global hub for small cars. heard of maruti suzuki export of cars. No obviously you have ignored it. china started the reforms in late 1970's and India started in 1990's. So obviously there is a gap. And both countries have a different political system, so there is going to be difference.

Who owns all these plants and where is the ultimate profit going? What percentage of India's one billion are these projects touching?

ok so come to the point which control mechanism you are talking about?
don't run around with saying the same thing again and again.

By becoming integrated into the MNC controlled and dominated world trading economy India will become an important tool which will be under the yoke of the center of gravity of these MNCs. This industrialization is very selective and not much "trickle down" is being experienced by the vast majority of Indians at all which is why India has such terrible poverty compared to China which has virtually eradicated it.

Now this control mechanism can be used to turn India into whatever these MNCs want. A new "economic caste system" can be created---endless possibilities here. I am simply reporting what I observe while you Indians are just getting high on yourself, glossing over everything and ignoring all my points.

Sigh....will you please read my post again.

Please?

Why do you love putting your foot in your mouth so much?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom