What's new

Italian Marines Going Home For X-MAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Italian marines are yet to be convicted and still waiting for the trial and the Italian consulate has given an undertaking to the court in addition to the rs 6 crores deposit made in the bank. So what is the big deal here?

Italian govt. has done its job of protecting Italian citizens...

The point is about Indian Govts diligence in protecting Indian citizens.

Two Kids near Mumbai posted something in Facebook and prima facie evidence was found by the court and was released on Bail with the strict condition of reporting to the nearest Police station every week :disagree:, till the case was settled (which would take anything between 3-7 years)

Two Italian murdered two Indians in cold blood and admitted to the killing. In spite of prima facie evidence Indian court found it reasonable to grant them bail and let them leave the country.

I guess we are used to being second class citizens in our own country, not to see the irony in this.

What is happening in my country :hitwall:
Who was the guy who let them free ? Mey supari dey raha hoon uske khilaaf
No seriously humme aur communist China me kya difference reh jayega .

Yes they can easily escape like Raymond Allen Davis did!

If that reply is to remind me of Pakistan's inferiority complex, it did not work. Pakistan has never had any spine, but India certainly claims to have one and then you have incidents like these.

India too suffers from an inferiority complex.

If that reply is to remind me of Pakistan's inferiority complex, it did not work. Pakistan has never had any spine, but India certainly claims to have one and then you have incidents like these.

In India's case its not inferiority complex ..rather the 'indifference' of the ruling elite (the sultans of delhi sultanate) to the common man.

Judiciary role in the Bhopal Gas Tragedy is another case study....!

I dont think the Italians will just hold them back if they made an official assurance

Bullshit. The marines aint coming back. Vatican knows which strings to pull to get them to safety. The local church has a big share of the blame in this..All I can say is traitors. More vaticanos than vaticanos.

Italian govt understood that they cannot force India to release the marines.so played the underhand through the church and the govt happily danced to their tune.

These Italian marines are yet to be convicted and still waiting for the trial and the Italian consulate has given an undertaking to the court in addition to the rs 6 crores deposit made in the bank. So what is the big deal here?

The big deal is they are not coming back.

No it did work perfectly fine! Raymond Davis knew exactly what he was doing! On the other hand the Italian marines was a mistaken identity!

Raymond had all evidence against him, all charges were dropped. On the other hand, India did NOT drop the charges against the marines!

In India's case its not inferiority complex ..rather the 'indifference' of the ruling elite (the sultans of delhi sultanate) to the common man.

Judiciary role in the Bhopal Gas Tragedy is another case study....!

No.

This indifference actually came from the colonial past. Your ruling elite exercises power by suppressing its own people. They see their power in relation to the poor. The weaker the poor, the stronger the elite.

Your ruling elite wants to be superior as they suffer from an inferiority complex.

What is happening in my country :hitwall:
Who was the guy who let them free ? Mey supari dey raha hoon uske khilaaf
No seriously humme aur communist China me kya difference reh jayega .

Ohh please..communist china would not have released these guys..by now they would have put two bullets in their head and said RIP faggots.

Bullshit. The marines aint coming back. Vatican knows which strings to pull to get them to safety. The local church has a big share of the blame in this..All I can say is traitors. More vaticanos than vaticanos.

Italian govt understood that they cannot force India to release the marines.so played the underhand through the church and the govt happily danced to their tune.

The big deal is they are not coming back.

Let time answer that! Instead of 6, India should have got 600 crores as deposit!

No it did work perfectly fine! Raymond Davis knew exactly what he was doing! On the other hand the Italian marines was a mistaken identity!

Raymond had all evidence against him, all charges were dropped. On the other hand, India did NOT drop the charges against the marines!

Comparing Pakistan is irrelevant. As I said Pakistan never had the spine. But the great secular India had to let go poor Italians accused of 'murder'. India would never let go had it been someone from Srilanka, Bangladesh or Nepal.

Lets hope they come back. :undecided:

You are being too harsh. Look at this case. The men were acting on orders of the Italian government in as much they were on official duty. Even if they were guilty of shooting the fishermen within Indian jurisdiction, it is still a matter between the two governments unless of course, Italy disclaimed any responsibility. The marines were acting on behalf of their government. Prosecuting them will set a dangerous precedence, one that might well come & bite us on our backsides.The fact that this case has gone this far is itself extraordinary. No easy answers here.

Comparing Pakistan is irrelevant. As I said Pakistan never had the spine. But the great secular India had to let go poor Italians accused of 'murder'. India would never let go had it been someone from Srilanka, Bangladesh or Nepal.

We let go of Dr.Chisti genius.

You are being too harsh. Look at this case. The men were acting on orders of the Italian government in as much they were on official duty. Even if they were guilty of shooting the me with Indian jurisdiction, it is still a matter between the two governments unless of course, Italy disclaimed any responsibility. The marines were acting on behalf of their government. Prosecuting them wil set a dangerous precedence, one that might well come & bite us on our backsides.The fact that this case has gone this far is itself extraordinary. No easy answers here.

In that case why the sham of keeping them in jail and all the hullabuloo for the trial..Why not they were released immediately and sent home ?

Actually I have no grievances with the Italian Govt..they are just doing their job of securing their citizens and I respect them for that..but I have no words to express the anger at the judge, the frustration at the Govt and most importantly the disgust at the archbishop who has said that the philosophy of the church is to forgive and hence they have "forgiven" them. Will the church forgive Dara Singh ?

Yes let's hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom