Italian Marines Going Home For X-MAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A special aircraft landed here Friday morning with top Italian officials to take back the two Marines who have been allowed by a ruling of the Kerala High Court to return home for Christmas.

The rare exemption came thanks to the central government. Sources at Kochi airport said the special aircraft sought permission to take off late in the evening Friday. The Italian diplomats and officials are certain that they would be able to abide by the directives of the Kerala High Court.

The Kerala High Court ruled Friday that the two Italian Marines charged with the killing of two Indian fishermen off the coast of Kerala in February can be allowed to go home for Christmas.

The court had caveats too: the Marines could be allowed to go, provided they return latest by 3 p.m., Jan 10, 2013, and the Indian government allows them to go. A bank guarantee of Rs.6 crore should also be furnished.

The court ruled that the Indian government should agree to allow them to return to Italy for Christmas, and ensure that the Italian government assured that the two would return to stand trial in India.

Italian officials Friday accompanied the two Marines to the Kollam Magistrate Court to deposit the Rs.6 crore in bank guarantee. An affidavit from the the Italian government said it would ensure that the two Marines returned to Kochi by Jan 10, 2013, and also get the clearance of the Indian government.

Once it is satisfied that all conditions are met, the Kollam court is expected to release the passports of the two Marines.

The Italian consul general expressed happiness that the central government has taken up this case, and that the judiciary extended this gesture to the two men.

"Yes, the two Italian Marines will return after they spend Christmas at home," said the Italian consul general to reporters here.

Meanwhile, in the Kerala assembly, Leader of Opposition V.S. Achuthanandan came down heavily on the centre and said the state government should appeal against the high court verdict relaxing bail conditions for the two Marines.

"Your party has been adopting double standards all along, like in FDI in retail. Look what has been done concerning the relaxation of bail conditions of the Marines.
This generosity is shown to the Italian Marines, but our own Abdul Nasir Maudany (jailed Peoples Democratic Party leader facing trial in Bangalore) does not get justice and he is an under-trial prisoner for many years now," Achuthanandan said.

Lattore Massimillano and Salvatore Girone, the two Marines, have been staying in a hotel in Kochi after being granted bail in the case.

They shot dead two Indian fishermen, Ajesh Binki and Gelastine, Feb 15, allegedly taking them for pirates.

Special aircraft to fly Italian Marines home

I dont think the Italians will just hold them back if they made an official assurance

...Meanwhile

DNA Special: 10,646 Indians jailed abroad and forgotten - Mumbai - DNA

“If you go by figures available with international watchdog organisations, it’s clear that India has the largest number of its citizens incarcerated abroad

10,646: Indians jailed abroad since 2000
4,315 in UAE
2,372 in Pakistan
2,008 in Bangladesh
1,161 in Kuwait
673 in China
429 in Oman

60 years of Glorious Congress Rule ....:tup:

stop your party BS here! BJP or Congress, there would not have been much diffrence

.....my party?

You mean all Indians are indifferent to the suffering of fellow Indians ? :angel: .. or all politicians are 'indifferent' ?

.....my party?

You mean all Indians are indifferent to the suffering of fellow Indians ? :angel: .. or all politicians are 'indifferent' ?

Most politicians are.... they just want to keep their power.... those Indians abroad who are jailed are mostly poor workers. THey dont have a vote, so they dont care a **** about them.

They rule those countries or the govt should say Indians cant be punished abroad??

Whats ur point??

...How many Indian prisoner's in Indian Jails get to go home for 'Diwali'? ....how many Indian citizens in foreign jails gets to come home for 'Diwali' ...or 'dussehra'? ....you really dont get the point ?

Most politicians are.... they just want to keep their power.... those Indians abroad who are jailed are mostly poor workers. THey dont have a vote, so they dont care a **** about them.

Oh...I was not aware poor Indian workers dont have a vote. :tup: ... thank you for educating me.

US Department of State

One of the most important tasks of the Department of State and U.S. embassies and consulates abroad is to provide assistance to U.S. citizens incarcerated abroad.

Ministry of External Affairs (India)

The ministry is responsible for the administration of Naga Hills, Tuensang Area, Indian Emigration Act of 1923, the Reciprocity Act of 1943, the Port Haj Committee Act of 1932, the Indian Merchant Shipping Act in so far as it relates to pilgrim ships, the Indian Pilgrim Shipping Rules of 1933, the Protection of Pilgrims Act of 1887 (Bombay) and the Protection of the Mohammedan Pilgrims Act of 1896 (Bengal) are also the special responsibility of the Ministry of External Affairs.

:enjoy:

...How many Indian prisoner's in Indian Jails get to go home for 'Diwali'? ....how many Indian citizens in foreign jails gets to come home for 'Diwali' ...or 'dussehra'? ....you really dont get the point ?

Oh...I was not aware poor Indian workers dont have a vote. :tup: ... thank you for educating me.

These Italian marines are yet to be convicted and still waiting for the trial and the Italian consulate has given an undertaking to the court in addition to the rs 6 crores deposit made in the bank. So what is the big deal here?

U see how much influence can Italians have on a Judicial institution of India ... ha what can u expect when a Italian Gandi is ruling India...

I am sure they'll never return back ... thus justice served... now Secularist & congressis will defend the Italian marines & the court order bitching my post

looks like indian judges have slave minds and inferiority complex too just like public....where is rule of law in india where an italian embassy clerk can approach the chief justice of india directly in his chamber and offer him a deal of establishing 6 caror as security that is basically a a part of the deal and chief justice saying oh thats a lot of money 6 carore...never seen this much money in my whole life...yea sure go on you deposit the money in our bank and we will release the prisoners for sometime so that they can celebrate their event in their hometown.....and it time india earns some interest on 6 carore rupees for a couple of days.

Which hotel were the Italian marines living in before their Christmas vacation?

looks like indian judges have slave minds and inferiority complex too just like public....where is rule of law in india where an italian embassy clerk can approach the chief justice of india directly in his chamber and offer him a deal of establishing 6 caror as security that is basically a a part of the deal and chief justice saying oh thats a lot of money 6 carore...never seen this much money in my whole life...yea sure go on you deposit the money in our bank and we will release the prisoners for sometime so that they can celebrate their event in their hometown.....and it time india earns some interest on 6 carore rupees for a couple of days.

Good imagination! You can make a film out of it! Congratulations! Infact you are mentally turbo farted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom