What's new

Manipur: Meitei lawyer’s home vandalised for representing Kuki professor Kham Khan

hatehs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Manipur: Meitei lawyer’s home vandalised for representing Kuki professor Kham Khan​

MAKTOOB STAFF
IMG_2068-1024x576.png
Kham Khan Suan Hausing
The home of an advocate belonging to the Meitei community was vandalised on Friday by a mob in Manipur for representing political scientist Kham Khan Suan Hausing, a Kuki scholar, in a case in the High Court.
The assailants ransacked the home of the advocate, Soiraisham Chitaranjan and dispersed after the police came to contain the situation, Scroll reported.

Speaking to reporters at Manipur Press Club, Chitaranjan claimed that his role had been limited to just filing documents and senior lawyer Anand Grover was handling the case.
“In connection with a case involving his client (Kham Khan Saun Hausing), Advocate Anand Grover was instructed by the Supreme Court to go to the High Court of Manipur and seek legal help. A member of the Manipur High Court Bar Association should assist Advocate Anand Grover when he appeared before the High Court. In Manipur, Advocate Anand Grover knows only me and my friend Advocate Chongtham Victor. When Anand Grover requested me to assist him in fighting the case, I declined the request. As he insisted on only filing the documents, I filed the documents sent by him at the Court out of courtesy”, Chittaranjan said.

Meanwhile, Chitaranjan along with two other advocates withdrew themselves from appearing for Hausing, citing “certain personal difficulties.”

Back
Top Bottom