What's new

Italian chopper firm AgustaWestland had allotted Rs 50 cr to 'manage' media: Meenakshi Lekhi

Kuch nahi hoga, is hamam mai sab nange hai

I don't have hopes from the Leuten's gang.
But the BJP outsiders like Modi, Parrikar and now Swamy etc are staunch anti-Nehru clan.

And the enmity between Modi and Nehru clan is personal. If they don't strike at Nehru clan now, then, BJP guys are just plain idiots.

Following are the 5 allegations made by Swamy against the Congress party in the Agusta Westland deal
1) The international norm for cabin height for any helicopter is 1.45 metre. But the parameter was changed by the new UPA to 1.80 metres. There is no other helicopter produced in the world that produces under this parameter. So the process had already started to eliminate other players so that only one helicopter can be purchased. I Will advise the govt that those who are responsible – including minsters and officials be charged under the prevention of corruption act
2) Field trials should always be conducted on the helicopter you are going to use. The aircraft you are buying has to be subjected to field trials. They chose to have field trials in Italy but why was the testing done on another helicopter. That is amounting to fraud and they are prosecutable under section 420 of the IPC.
3) The Original proposal was to buy 8 helicopters. Suddenly after it became clear that Agusta Westland is the only one that will qualify, they decided to buy 4 more. CAG said that the present 8 was hardly utilised- only 29% utilisation rate. Why was the additional copters needed? The government spent an additional amount of Rs 1200 cr.
4) Then the price negotiations started – there is a benchmark estimate. January 2006, the Air Force gave Rs 793 cr as the benchmark rate. But in Sept 2008, price negotiation committee arbitrarly fixed Rs 4877.5 cr, rejecting the Rs 793 cr fixed by the Air Force – six times the original price. The then defence minister Mr Antony put his signature on the file. Which was the authority above him that asked him to do it?
5) Middleman Christian Michel’s father was connected with several Congress leaders. The hand written note by middle men as per the documents available from the Italian court mentions Rs 125 cr was given in the form of bribe to faciliate the deal to AP. Who is this AP? They say it was given to the political secretary. We know whose political secretary he is.

Good write up, but you forgot to add one important aspect,

AFTER the AF assigned the bench mark price of Rs. 793 Crores, and the 'honest saint' Antony raised the bench mark price by six times to Rs. 4877.g Crores, the Augusta westland temselves said they want only 3966 Rs. crores :lol:

Augusta westland actually wanted LESS money than that was offered to them :cheesy:

Now this is the first Negotiation in the history where the seller is refusing money offered by the buyer. Just Amazing.

And in all this, "Sonia Gandhis" name has been expunged by the Rajya Sabha Speaker. Truth is stranger than fiction.

5) Middleman Christian Michel’s father was connected with several Congress leaders. The hand written note by middle men as per the documents available from the Italian court mentions Rs 125 cr was given in the form of bribe to faciliate the deal to AP. Who is this AP? They say it was given to the political secretary. We know whose political secretary he is.

I am sorry, but I have to decline to comment on any payment, LOL...

There is a similar affair going on with Augusta Westland in Sweden.
Specs were written, so that only an Augusta Westland helicopter would fit,
and there was an agreement to buy the helicopters before the tender was started.
Worst of all, they don't work in cold climate, so the rescue missions in the mountains
are not possible.

Don't be under the impression that loose cannon Subramanian Swamy will be allowed a free rein and BJP will nail down congress and its leaders. Nopes. Not happening! :coffee:
These cases will vanish into thin air as soon as BJP gets its bills passed in the parliament.

@Star Wars @kaykay

Lets not jump to conclusions, BJP has 0 control over Subramaniam swamy

You may understand indian politics rank pretty low in european news.

I don't think you get it, its not about you or Italy or how much "Indian politics is concerned in Italy". Its about Corrupt Indian politicians. Nobody is really bothered if Italians noticed it or not...

I don't think you get it, its not about you or Italy or how much "Indian politics is concerned in Italy". Its about Corrupt Indian politicians. Nobody is really bothered if Italians noticed it or not...

i had the impression its against our heli corporation ^^

You're obfuscating :coffee:

Lol swamy on live tv in so many words crapped all over Brajesh Mishra and Jaitley. He insinuated it is due to a high ranking minister in current govt that India didnt file an appeal against trial court judgement and no action was taken for past two years and it was due to complicity of earlier NSA that the scam originated

Love him or hate him, you cant ignore him

Back
Top Bottom