What's new

It is confirmed big oil reserved near the delta of Sindh probably bigger than Kuwait's reserves.

The raw material at steel mills was worth MORE than the bid money sir. It was a wise decision that the privatization was stopped. We failed to find any suitable customer is OUR problem and our government needs to solve it. I am expecting a better offer to be made one the new government takes in. It will be BRILLIANT if we can somehow get the Russians to take up this project, may be even offer them to set up one near Chiniot/Faisalabad is the talks of that HUGE reserve near Chiniot were true. Make it a package deal.

Steel mill is a huge organization, we cannot afford to just scrap it!
From then to now we have spent more than 22 Billion to save it and now nobody wanted this dead elephant any more Dr. Qayamat Masood raise this issue and cheap Justice Kana Dajjal scraped it and now we are offering it free to buyer of PIA....you must add the burden that we payed for almost 8 to ten years and compare the cost...any company or organisation bought dead elephant have stakes so they need good profit margins.

I'm not a smoker,

What I said is right. Some 5000 years ago, there were civilization on Sindhu Darya, mo'an jo Daro and harapa are among them.
May be because of destruction of mo'an jo Daro by Sindhu Darya they moved Ganga.

Ask sir @kaptaan if you want to know about civilization on Sindhu Darya. He has knowledge about civilization on land in present time Pakistan.
What you said is wrong. I can tell you that. This is not the thread to discuss that, so no further replies from me.
And Kaptaan has his bias and half knowledge so, don't rely on his wisdom on everything.

@ United States of America . Please check it out guys !!

From then to now we have spent more than 22 Billion to save it and now nobody wanted this dead elephant any more Dr. Qayamat Masood raise this issue and cheap Justice Kana Dajjal scraped it and now we are offering it free to buyer of PIA....you must add the burden that we payed for almost 8 to ten years and compare the cost...any company or organisation bought dead elephant have stakes so they need good profit margins.
As i said, it is WORTH more. Failing to sell it had more to do with incompetence of the authorities and less with the state of steel mills. I am hopeful that with right approach, we can and will get a better deal. Giving it free with PIA and all that is just rubbish! Steel mills is an asset, an organization of national importance and will need utilized. Even if we have to privatize it, do it properly. Not for some cheap bucks!

As i said, it is WORTH more. Failing to sell it had more to do with incompetence of the authorities and less with the state of steel mills. I am hopeful that with right approach, we can and will get a better deal. Giving it free with PIA and all that is just rubbish! Steel mills is an asset, an organization of national importance and will need utilized. Even if we have to privatize it, do it properly. Not for some cheap bucks!
Unfortunately, it is more of a liability than an asset ... It can only go for bankruptcy as liabilities of employee retirement funds are much higher,,, the best way to close this is to file a bankruptcy and sale its plan on conditional basis and pay the employees liabilities from the proceeds, the buyer can start fresh which will require lot of investment on his part ...

Unfortunately, it is more of a liability than an asset ... It can only go for bankruptcy as liabilities of employee retirement funds are much higher,,, the best way to close this is to file a bankruptcy and sale its plan on conditional basis and pay the employees liabilities from the proceeds, the buyer can start fresh which will require lot of investment on his part ...
True. But we need to make sure that it is up and running again. May be even may it a clause in the sales agreement?
Cannot just close down one of the main steel manufacturing plants? We dont have many replacement anyway.

Actually you are right.

One of their main god/avatar probably RAM was born near the shores of Indus and you will also find Indus in their vedas.

LOL I think I have a better one. Ramu actually poured and stashed the oil for his upcoming RSS generations.

@ United States of America . Please check it out guys !!

LMAO Oh man. United States of America is going to save India from this "abhorrent" discovery.

Some interesting info:

https://www.eni.com/en_IT/eni-world/country.shtml#pakistan

True. But we need to make sure that it is up and running again. May be even may it a clause in the sales agreement?
Cannot just close down one of the main steel manufacturing plants? We dont have many replacement anyway.
Yup but currently it cannot be revived by normal methods, the amount required to restart is much higher maybe we can set up a new plant in such an amount as the mill is on standstill since last 2 years and as its a government organization, therefore, employees are not fired yet ... Liabilities such as employee salaries, retirement benefit, ssgc bill, kesc bills already payable are expenses are huge ... ALthough I dont have financial statements but somebody told me only employee liabilities are in 100s of billion.

If we file for bankruptcy it means that we are limiting all of the above liability upto the sale proceeds of plant ... This will result in some losses to the employees but this is the only way ... Competent employees will be rehired by the new owner; however, he can have a new fresh start without any legal burden of settling up the old liabilities ...

Bankruptcy itself is more than year-long process and even if we start now then Steel Mill will start functioning after 2 year atleast ...

Last edited:
Now Pakistanis will begin to get Air conditioner in every corner of their Houses... Drink and Eat imported Premium goods from the Alps... Get some Cheetahs and Tigers as pet... GEt paid around 4k-5k$ for the most basic job... and will import manpower in masses to build their country... I wonder who will they be...
Nope we are not GCC Arabs. We have huge densely populated demographics. If i want to see Pakistan Developing on the lines of Malaysia, Japan, South Korea. We don't need to import human capital in the form of under paid slaves. We need to Empower our own population. Inject the foreign currency inflows into Research and Industry development. Boos exports and Production. Instead of being a Bunch of Affluent Obese Nut heads controlled by Dictators for stability Depending on others for Defense investing Nothing Significant on Research and Development etc
Provided that this news is true indeed and Profit Margins are coming into Pakistan used positively in Economic developement

Looking at how it has been at PDF since past many years (yes, i've been here since long, check my DOJ), "IF" and "WHEN" news of a "DISCOVERY" and commencement of "EXTRACTION" comes or gets confirmed, Pakistanis here will suddenly experienced three inch larger chests or diks (take your pic) while Indians will try to find new ways to counter this 3-inch gain in size. In short, our's are bigger than indian's thingee will continue.

Nope we are not GCC Arabs. We have huge densely populated demographics. If i want to see Pakistan Developing on the lines of Malaysia, Japan, South Korea. We don't need to import human capital in the form of under paid slaves. We need to Empower our own population. Inject the foreign currency inflows into Research and Industry development. Boos exports and Production. Instead of being a Bunch of Affluent Obese Nut heads controlled by Dictators for stability Depending on others for Defense investing Nothing Significant on Research and Development etc
Provided that this news is true indeed and Profit Margins are coming into Pakistan used positively in Economic developement
It was a joke...

Now Pakistanis will begin to get Air conditioner in every corner of their Houses... Drink and Eat imported Premium goods from the Alps... Get some Cheetahs and Tigers as pet... GEt paid around 4k-5k$ for the most basic job... and will import manpower in masses to build their country... I wonder who will they be...
Cries in Urdu :cry:

Koi bataey ga bhayya kitna tael nikla abhi tak?
Public ka ya ganjon ka :D ?

Let's wait for official declaration of oil discovery rather then revelations at talkshow. However if the news is true it going to change Pakistan and the region .
Even if halves our import requirement it will be huge

Let's hope we never become any of this. Norway is a more suitable role model.
Khan in ganja out add in oil discovery and volla :D
Social welfare state,s foundations :D

Back
Top Bottom