What's new

It all Started with a Tweet by Wajahat Saeed Khan which was a flame bait... and then...Shit got real!!!

The division has been laid bare regardless - in general the common public isn’t discerning to any more than their immediate today and key values. Most effort that is required to look at multiple facets of an issue aren’t worth the effort nor taught to most in Pakistan which is part culture and part by design.

For e.g. there was a tradition carried over from the Royal navy and navies of old regarding crossing the equator for new sailors - for the longest while PN also engaged in it but if today’s general Pakistani saw it they would execute everyone.
TZjG7hXReeVthqpTJZmwvzsLcvMeG4TU4Gjdfy26BPixvZsqxdYAo6uyD19qD91n544gvDA2kmfNVksjC5xJXjNXF6QejRjGVAXZ7jekfB5Vk6vULGMTTMRfS5eF8WVApoSyrKQEQL6Zft

brother,
my issue is that people have lost patience and common decency. the only way to express opposition seems to be through personal attack, insults or whataboutism.
we use selective judgements, selective memories and selection bias and then resort to rants.
I understand and in large measure agree with what you are saying. However having this expectation of high brow thinking, while Rome is burning is expecting too much. Right or wrong - Bajwa years have done a terrible dis-service to the Army as an institution. Secondly the Army as an institution has a lot to explain. And yes emotions get the better of people (when they are beaten, bullied, killed) and they see red in everything, but that in today's context is an expression of their lack of trust and in large measure a let down on an institution they held in high regard.
The greatest tragedy in this whole episode is that in PTI's base the Army had its core public constituency, and through the shenanigans of some at the top, the institution ended up loosing its own base.

for the longest while PN also engaged in it but if today’s general Pakistani saw it they would execute everyone.
wtf is that, the PN ? :rofl:

the equator crossing has been a sailor tradition thing forever, though, even merchant vessel crews will often indulge in some silly revelry (usually involving alcohol) during the transit. Never seen this type of cosplay though lol

IK's support among certain classes was described by a foreign journalist as "they either want to eff him, or eff like him" and many were offended by this description at that time.
Way to disenfranchise the supporters the single largest party and stakeholder in democracy in Pakistan. He delivers as always. Bravo!!!

brother,
my issue is that people have lost patience and common decency. the only way to express opposition seems to be through personal attack, insults or whataboutism.
we use selective judgements, selective memories and selection bias and then resort to rants.
who do you fault for that, sir? did people just up and decide one day to be mean or is there a gradual decline (the causes of which I think you know better than most)?

Waj S Khan Trolls with a style

so he makes a flame bait rhetorical question demanding to know the meaning and reason for this procession.

for background. Gen Mirza is being seen off from 10 Corps HQ by the people at the Corps HQ. as is a tradition in the army the out going command is seen off in a procession and usually his mount is pushed manually by the personnel with a lot of celebratory chants and dance. this is the culmination of a Ceremony where the good time in the office is recounted and jokes are shared, food or treats shared and then the host thanks the outgoing commander who is led in a procession.

in its smallest example it happens at a company level of a unit and then the regimental level, Brigade, Div and Corps level.
this tradition has nothing to do which army ruling Pakistan for 70+ years or Ditching one party favorite for another.

BUT

since PTI/ Insafians or Youthias (as Noonies call them) are the bleeding hearts so a negative hateful reaction was confirmed and that's what Wajahat was counting on. so apart from a handful of tweets reminding him that it was nothing new or strange but an age old military tradition of seeing off the commander (including a tweet rom me) the rest of them were mostly rants, rage, name calling and cursing. some curses were directed at the military leadership (there is some merit there and I agree with that) but some was mostly directed at the military institution and wishing its death (which I didn't agree with).

obviously staying silent was not an option so I respectfully offered an opposition and then the entire Web rant of the Youthian tortured souls turned on myself. I told them that whining doesn't resolve the issue and the problem was within them. they had to fix themselves since the army sources its personnel from the same pool of people that makes up the entire nation but self correction or self criticism is not in our national psyche it is always someone else's fault.

then I was told that my days were numbered (somehow I represented the entire GHQ now). I mocked them by saying that Imran had called off the protests, maybe they need to tell him to continue. then they resorted to personal insults. suggesting I took pleasure in striping and molesting good citizens of Pakistan's and Bengalis got a lucky break which he and other innocent PTI supporters were stuck with with us. I again repeated that this all can change for better according to PTI wishes if these people started the correction from inhouse as it will have the butterfly effect and change the nation for better ultimately and automatically taking away the ability of opportunist "Pindi boyz" from screwing up with affairs of the the state. but that didn't get us anywhere.

now I could rip him very easily while staying classy but it seemed like he was already struggling to contain himself and might have burst a vein in his temple so I let it go.

Thats the damage that has been done by bajwa. A legacy that Army will bear for years if not generations. You can defend it by giving your point of view. But the other side is as brutal as the army once was. Now it has become venerable thanks to its own doings.

And before blaming entire population, remind yourself when army takes credit for every which in their view is right thing they do, so they must also take blame for all repercussions as well.

brother,
Kids get picked up and tortured for tweets.
What do you think they are going to say.

brother,
Powerless people who can't land a punch on the powerful elite that is raping the country only have their mouths from which they can hurl abuse; so yeah go ahead and sew that shut too.

who do you fault for that, sir? did people just up and decide one day to be mean or is there a gradual decline (the causes of which I think you know better than most)?
in the tweets in that said thread I wrote ut many times and I write here as well.
the problem is with me.

I cant blame GHQ because GHQ sources from me.
if I stop blaming my fellow citizens and others beyond our borders and put my house in order may attention to my responsibilities pay my dues then it will have a ripple effect on entire society around me and permanently preventing GHQ politics because GHQ will have reformed people frim same society.

Dude, let it rest.
What the former guy did in the regime change operation and then to keep these guys in power will be a stain on the military for years to come.
All you guys have accomplished is to alienate the younger generation and it’s very unlikely that you will regain them.

The division has been laid bare regardless - in general the common public isn’t discerning to any more than their immediate today and key values. Most effort that is required to look at multiple facets of an issue aren’t worth the effort nor taught to most in Pakistan which is part culture and part by design.

For e.g. there was a tradition carried over from the Royal navy and navies of old regarding crossing the equator for new sailors - for the longest while PN also engaged in it but if today’s general Pakistani saw it they would execute everyone.
TZjG7hXReeVthqpTJZmwvzsLcvMeG4TU4Gjdfy26BPixvZsqxdYAo6uyD19qD91n544gvDA2kmfNVksjC5xJXjNXF6QejRjGVAXZ7jekfB5Vk6vULGMTTMRfS5eF8WVApoSyrKQEQL6Zft
PN still does it.

Last edited:
Way to disenfranchise the supporters the single largest party and stakeholder in democracy in Pakistan. He delivers as always. Bravo!!!

Nobody has been disenfranchised. The results will be clear in the next elections, and just who delivers what.

My advice which isn't worth anything to anyone in pak military is stay out and away from politics.

I think posted replies got his message wrong

What I understand is that he's rhetorically questioning the need for such tradition

And in my understanding by questioning this small scale tradition he's implicitly questioning large scale traditions also and resources consumed on those traditions
got to stop you right there.
the resources spent include a modest food or tea and the muscle power of few dozen men who pull the vehicle for like few 100 yards or so to the gate. while some are whistling or clapping. this is from my own personal experience in our unit as we saw off our commanders.

As just a couple of days ago we heard about who was responsible Bangladesh.
the army men also didnt agree with him. I also called him out for that. in the end it was a military defeat. end of

My advice which isn't worth anything to anyone in pak military is stay out and away from politics.
that wont happen unless you and I fix our house. stop visiting Gate 11. stop persecuting ridiculing our opponents and do some damn thing for the poor instead of ranting on system and the opponents.

Back
Top Bottom