What's new

It all Started with a Tweet by Wajahat Saeed Khan which was a flame bait... and then...Shit got real!!!

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Waj S Khan Trolls with a style

so he makes a flame bait rhetorical question demanding to know the meaning and reason for this procession.

for background. Gen Mirza is being seen off from 10 Corps HQ by the people at the Corps HQ. as is a tradition in the army the out going command is seen off in a procession and usually his mount is pushed manually by the personnel with a lot of celebratory chants and dance. this is the culmination of a Ceremony where the good time in the office is recounted and jokes are shared, food or treats shared and then the host thanks the outgoing commander who is led in a procession.

in its smallest example it happens at a company level of a unit and then the regimental level, Brigade, Div and Corps level.
this tradition has nothing to do which army ruling Pakistan for 70+ years or Ditching one party favorite for another.

BUT

since PTI/ Insafians or Youthias (as Noonies call them) are the bleeding hearts so a negative hateful reaction was confirmed and that's what Wajahat was counting on. so apart from a handful of tweets reminding him that it was nothing new or strange but an age old military tradition of seeing off the commander (including a tweet rom me) the rest of them were mostly rants, rage, name calling and cursing. some curses were directed at the military leadership (there is some merit there and I agree with that) but some was mostly directed at the military institution and wishing its death (which I didn't agree with).

obviously staying silent was not an option so I respectfully offered an opposition and then the entire Web rant of the Youthian tortured souls turned on myself. I told them that whining doesn't resolve the issue and the problem was within them. they had to fix themselves since the army sources its personnel from the same pool of people that makes up the entire nation but self correction or self criticism is not in our national psyche it is always someone else's fault.

then I was told that my days were numbered (somehow I represented the entire GHQ now). I mocked them by saying that Imran had called off the protests, maybe they need to tell him to continue. then they resorted to personal insults. suggesting I took pleasure in striping and molesting good citizens of Pakistan's and Bengalis got a lucky break which he and other innocent PTI supporters were stuck with with us. I again repeated that this all can change for better according to PTI wishes if these people started the correction from inhouse as it will have the butterfly effect and change the nation for better ultimately and automatically taking away the ability of opportunist "Pindi boyz" from screwing up with affairs of the the state. but that didn't get us anywhere.

now I could rip him very easily while staying classy but it seemed like he was already struggling to contain himself and might have burst a vein in his temple so I let it go.

just makes me sad, the whole thing

such polarizing times
brother,
my issue is that people have lost patience and common decency. the only way to express opposition seems to be through personal attack, insults or whataboutism.
we use selective judgements, selective memories and selection bias and then resort to rants.

Good times for Army.. Ask villager whose crop was ruined by floods and doesn’t have enough wheat for roti, where the good times are.

People don’t like army and rightfully so. They are responsible for bringing looters back to power and tanking the economy.

I have relatives that were poor before economic downfall that are now left devastated.

For Army and PDM, it’s always a motherfucking party.

I had lot respect for him entire bajwa era he was hiding in USA now he saw his opportunity he is a real military pawn of one fiction in military who pampers him but other side lashes him out

I had lot respect for him entire bajwa era he was hiding in USA now he saw his opportunity he is a real military pawn of one fiction in military who pampers him but other side lashes him out
Who are you talking about?

Waj S Khan Trolls with a style

so he makes a flame bait rhetorical question demanding to know the meaning and reason for this procession.

for background. Gen Mirza is being seen off from 10 Corps HQ by the people at the Corps HQ. as is a tradition in the army the out going command is seen off in a procession and usually his mount is pushed manually by the personnel with a lot of celebratory chants and dance. this is the culmination of a Ceremony where the good time in the office is recounted and jokes are shared, food or treats shared and then the host thanks the outgoing commander who is led in a procession.

in its smallest example it happens at a company level of a unit and then the regimental level, Brigade, Div and Corps level.
this tradition has nothing to do which army ruling Pakistan for 70+ years or Ditching one party favorite for another.

BUT

since PTI/ Insafians or Youthias (as Noonies call them) are the bleeding hearts so a negative hateful reaction was confirmed and that's what Wajahat was counting on. so apart from a handful of tweets reminding him that it was nothing new or strange but an age old military tradition of seeing off the commander (including a tweet rom me) the rest of them were mostly rants, rage, name calling and cursing. some curses were directed at the military leadership (there is some merit there and I agree with that) but some was mostly directed at the military institution and wishing its death (which I didn't agree with).

obviously staying silent was not an option so I respectfully offered an opposition and then the entire Web rant of the Youthian tortured souls turned on myself. I told them that whining doesn't resolve the issue and the problem was within them. they had to fix themselves since the army sources its personnel from the same pool of people that makes up the entire nation but self correction or self criticism is not in our national psyche it is always someone else's fault.

then I was told that my days were numbered (somehow I represented the entire GHQ now). I mocked them by saying that Imran had called off the protests, maybe they need to tell him to continue. then they resorted to personal insults. suggesting I took pleasure in striping and molesting good citizens of Pakistan's and Bengalis got a lucky break which he and other innocent PTI supporters were stuck with with us. I again repeated that this all can change for better according to PTI wishes if these people started the correction from inhouse as it will have the butterfly effect and change the nation for better ultimately and automatically taking away the ability of opportunist "Pindi boyz" from screwing up with affairs of the the state. but that didn't get us anywhere.

now I could rip him very easily while staying classy but it seemed like he was already struggling to contain himself and might have burst a vein in his temple so I let it go.
The anger is palpatable and frankly justified. Something is wrong in the state of Denmark and the fish rots from its head.

I used to believe that the army was the last competent institution in the country. But seeing how there were no checks against the excesses of the man at the top, I doubt this now.

The army had some moral authority when it was seen to be in “opposition” to the corrupt PDM parties. The class of our people who are pissed at the institution are the same ones that are the most patriotic and are pissed to find out that this supposed “opposition” was all topi drama.

We hope that the new chief will stop the association with the corrupt jerks in power now and will make sure that adequate reforms are made within the institution so that the excesses like the assassination of Arshad Sharif never happens again.

IK's support among certain classes was described by a foreign journalist as "they either want to eff him, or eff like him" and many were offended by this description at that time.
The foreign journalist (was he Indian?) was involved in propaganda. The class of people that support the PTI is the same class that supports the army and incidentally frequent this forum.

traditions change!!!!! this whole concept of whatever happens in the country should n`t bother the military and they should just keep on bringing every damn corrupt to rule the country and when it comes to accountability they just show their uniform as it is supposed to mean something! It doesn`t mean anything now!

Back
Top Bottom