What's new

ISRO to mate cryogenic engine with its rocket Friday

6th August looks like it's going to be the third 4th of July this year. Let's see if it's more spectacular than the Proton-M mission carrying the GLONASS satellites.

:omghaha::omghaha:

Failures are not uncommon in this field..all the major space powers had such setbacks especially when it comes to cryogenics.

your space agency SUPARCO is 8 years older than ours but other than launching some sounding rockets what exactly they are doing there?:azn: think abt this before feeding troll:coffee:

How different is it from Delta II?

Delta II has lesser stages than GSLV/PSLV
But yes its more similar to Indian rockets than Ariane..

Last edited by a moderator:
Delta II has lesser stages than GSLV/PSLV
But yes its more similar to Indian rockets than Ariane..

It does not, Delta II also utilizes 3 stage + strap on boosters for GTO. Similarly GSLV has 3 stage+ strap on boosters for GTO.

A third stage is usually required for GTO. The third stage utilizes a Thiokol Star-48B solid rocket motor

Boeing: Delta

Delta II is still operational if am not wrong?

I have to admire ISRO for being stuck in the 70s.
This design is similar to 60s-70s Ariane-1 rocket...Back then they had 4 stages of all types...Solid then hydrazine then cryogenic and back to solid..
But the more moving parts,more chances of failure...
No wonder Ariane reduced their number of stages.
So many stages are needed when none of the engines are powerful enogh..because rocket has to keep shedding weight to help the engines moving..
More seperations are needed...more ignitions required...if any seperation or engine ignition fails....the mission goes kaput...
They should have tried to make powerful engines than so many little insufficient and tricky engines?.
But developing 1K-2K cryogenic engines are infact very hard.Currently ISRO is developing CE-20,CE-60.Former is at advanced stage of development while later may show after 2020.
ISRO will follow Ariane-5 approach,but instead of using monster cryogenic engine to power core stage,they'll put 2 2000kn Semi-cryogenic engine.
ISRO_ULV.jpg

semicryoengine.jpg

Well you cant deny anything india makes is unnecessarily complicated when simpler designs are available..
Simplicity is not that easy to achieve buddy, Having a simpler Idea is one thing, materializing it whole different game. We cant just built like this. You should also keep in mind the Money required for R&D too. We need to keep up with country's demands and also technology up-gradation.

We are dealing with something ISRO is trying to achieve for many years. And I think they know which path to take as they are much smarter than you and me.

There are also many other variables, technological roadblocks etc.

Simplicity is not that easy to achieve buddy, Having a simpler Idea is one thing, materializing it whole different game. We cant just go just like this. You should also keep in mind the Money required for R&D too. We need to keep up with country's demands and also technology up-gradation.

We are dealing with something ISRO is trying to achieve for many years. And I think they know which path to take as they are much smarter than you and me.

There are also many other variables, technological roadblocks etc.

i will agree with what @Roybot said..

No one way of doing the same thing...Countries choose what they think is convenient for them...

No one way of doing the same thing...Countries choose what they think is convenient for them...

Then why post nonsensical posts about over-complexity of Indian rockets when it's clear
you don't really know that much about how each country makes and launches it's rockets?

Even your point that GSLV/PSLV have too many stages/engines is false.

Abe tune apna handle hi change kar liya be...main sochun kaun hai ye....Dream Shream...Screaming like....:lol:

Then why post nonsensical posts about over-complexity of Indian rockets when it's clear
you don't really know that much about how each country makes and launches it's rockets?

Even your point that GSLV/PSLV have too many stages/engines is false.

its another thing that Delta is flying on their 50 year old experience with the same rocket as it was first flown in 1960...

same cannot be said for ISRO as they don't have that much experience.

On the second part of your comment ..
no i am not a PHD in rocket science..None of us are or we wont be wasting our time on an internet forum :lol:

same cannot be said for ISRO as they don't have that much experience.

ISRO riding on 43 years of exp is doing better than SUPARCO which has 51 years exp.:azn:

SUPARCO may have been established earlier but that does not mean you are more experienced!
i'm sure SUPARCO doesn't have even 25% of the technical knowledge and information that ISRO
has gathered with it's continued R&D in the field of space rockets and our space exploration
programme.

However still ISRO cannot compare with the likes of NASA, atleast not before 2020.

So I don't see any point in you comparing the rockets of the 2 organisations, other than
jealousy that SUPARCO is just a failed organization.

Indian Rocket 1960s
art.rocket.isro.jpg

American Rocket 1960

429=60-thor-delta..jpg

Abe tune apna handle hi change kar liya be...main sochun kaun hai ye....Dream Shream...Screaming like....:lol:
Chup ker jaa ;)

Indian Rocket 1960s
art.rocket.isro.jpg

American Rocket 1960

429=60-thor-delta..jpg

Chup ker jaa ;)

Indian rockets 2010s

Pakistani rockets 2010s
<please provide pictures or STFU>

I don't know what you meant by these two pictures .

But if you search for Pakistani Rocket 2010 , you will get one similar to Indian Rocket 1960s .

But sir it does not matter to Pakistanis whether they have something comparable to Indians or not,
a bit of news that says someone else, somewhere on the globe, has something comparable/superior
to India's stuff will keep them content.:smart:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom