What's new

Isro to launch German, French, British, Canadian satellites

It is need to sent our own satelites rather of others, and also not to permit or become over kind to give space to other countries satelites.

I wonder if the Brit satellite gets launched with a serious discount, after all, we in the UK are paying for ISRO through our aid- right guys? ;)

God, this has got to hurt for such Western media outlets who were attacking India for having "misplaced priorities" a few weeks back.

Expect these launches to receive VERY little coverage in the West........

We have built satellite HYLAS 1 for a british firm buddy......

Oh my dream is to see gslv mk3 lifting a 4 tonne communication sat built by IsRO for foreign customer...and that would not take long.

First 4 tonne class communication sat ( I 4K bus ) Gsat 11 would be launched by 2014...And first operational testflight of LVM3 is scheduled for 2017....

Instead of just going back and forth, point out an instance when I don't speak the truth. Otherwise, forever hold your peace.

Several members, including myself did that on many different topics, so no point for me to start new discussions on old things. You can take my suggestion and try to get a more unbiased point of view or not, that's up to you.

That depends, do you think the capital a company invests into R&D has cost benefits?

Think of the the Mars mission as a R&D project. The lessons learned from the project can be and will be applied towards the more "commercially oriented" ISRO projects. Look at the bigger picture. Being a one trick pony will only take you so far.

Anyone can have an opinion. Its having an informed opinion that is a little difficult.
That requires a rational vision.

R&D is crucial for any semblance of development. ISRO is just not a trucking company to earn money by launching sat payloads. It has to develop new tech as well. That can only get instigated and validated by experiments such as the Mars mission. For example they will not only learn (hands-on) how to set up the escape velocity for a space vehicle to go into near solar system space, but will learn how their command and communication system to the satellite functions at such distances. Where else would they have tested that out?

Anyone can have an opinion. Its having an informed opinion that is a little difficult.
That requires a rational vision.

It's not only about financial benefit, but also the benefit for India itself! Why does India and it's people need to send vehicle to the mars or even beyond? Would that money be better spend in more accurate weather and disaster prediction systems developed by ISRO, that actually could help to save the lifes of Indians?
We simply have enough problems in and around India itself that need to be addressed from our scientists and where ISRO could play a major and far more useful role.

It's not only about financial benefit, but also the benefit for India itself! Why does India and it's people need to send vehicle to the mars or even beyond? Would that money be better spend in more accurate weather and disaster prediction systems developed by ISRO, that actually could help to save the lifes of Indians?
We simply have enough problems in and around India itself that need to be addressed from our scientists and where ISRO could play a major and far more useful role.

All of that is happening simultaneously; or you did'nt notice?
Of course, you could even talk about toilets.

Toilets are not my issue (great argument btw:rolleyes:), but coutnering floods, earthqakes, cyclones..., these are imminet threats for Indian people and even Indian economy, so more important that what happens at Mars, therefor using that money and resources for such projects is simply more worth it for India and there are more than enough other such things too.

Toilets are not my issue (great argument btw:rolleyes:), but coutnering floods, earthqakes, cyclones..., these are imminet threats for Indian people and even Indian economy, so more important that what happens at Mars, therefor using that money and resources for such projects is simply more worth it for India and there are more than enough other such things too.
Lets say 100 million wasted on Mars mission and all the scientific and engineering data that is and will be collected come to no use at all.

But tell me what these 100 millions could have done that billions of dollar didn't do already ???
Progress is slow process and it takes it time. Priorities might be different but progress is always multi directional. You can vary focus but can't stop any particular direction.

I remember similar things were talked when we were planning to have own Sats.
I believe one thing "Knowledge never go waste" sooner or later it will turn out useful

Last edited:

As usual; you are fixated on a single idea; so your arguments (or the lack of them) stand or fall on them.

You still have not noticed that ISRO has set up a robust remote-sensing system much before sending anything to Mars or the Moon. That remote-sensing system is operational with continous improvements. ISRO sells data harvested from that system internationally, if you do not know.
That system helped to mitigate the damage to the Coastal areas during Cyclone Phailin recently, if you did not notice.

Of course DRDO made a very successful 'bio-digester' toilet design. Like-wise ISRO could design an electro-magnetic one.
Or make a higher yielding Onion Plant that grows more and better produce on energy from Solar Sun-Spot cycles.

Wouldn't a better argument be that India improves it's tax collection system and find ways to reduce corruption.

So making sure the extra revenue collected could be used for sanitation, infrastructure.

Because these are the fundamentals that a country should have

Wouldn't a better argument be that India improves it's tax collection system and find ways to reduce corruption.

So making sure the extra revenue collected could be used for sanitation, infrastructure.

Because these are the fundamentals that a country should have

Does ISRO have to do what you are suggesting?
Not that I know of.
This discussion is about what ISRO should do.

Does ISRO have to do what you are suggesting?
Not that I know of.
This discussion is about what ISRO should do.

But only white peoples should explore. Usnindians should cast our eyes downwards. Forever fixing toilets.

:D

But only white peoples should explore. Usnindians should cast our eyes downwards. Forever fixing toilets.

:D

Ha; leave that business to the Goras and wannabe Goras! Always trying to talk down to the hoi polloi........

Ha; leave that business to the Goras and wannabe Goras! Always trying to talk down to the hoi polloi........

The whole BBC comment section was filled with why are we giving them foreign aid when they can fly to Mars.

It left an acrid taste in my mouth.

It seems it dents the white man's ego when us slum dwellers have ambitions to join them.

Udupi ramachandra Rao's reply to westerners when why Aryabhata was launched why Indians should spend that money instead of combating poverty still remains relevant.

The last thing a starving man eats is his pride.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom