What's new

Isro to launch German, French, British, Canadian satellites

Actually, you finally accept the obvious about all I post. Also, thanks for accepting the India's Mars mission is a prestige project. A project that cost India money and create all the bragging posts but accomplish not much.
ISRO makes profit by foreign satellite launches. If they use some of it for MOM, its nothing wrong. We need some high-tech projects to keep brain-drain in control. MOM costs only Re 4 per person for Indian population.

ISRO makes profit by foreign satellite launches. If they use some of it for MOM, its nothing wrong. We need some high-tech projects to keep brain-drain in control. MOM costs only Re 4 per person for Indian population.

I not debating the merit of the Mars project. But tie it to other countries using India to launch satellites is ridiculous.

At least once you are saying something that makes senss. :rolleyes:
The mars mission has no cost benfits in return, while the capability to launch sats far cheaper than western competitors is a huge advantage for India and results in a profitable business and that's nothing new either, we are doing this for quiet some time now. We had some setbacks, but the cost-benefits still makes ISRO very attractive in this field. So while the one is a project that only costs India money, the other is far more beneficiary and that's what the Indian space program should be focused on. Benefits for Indian people and Indian industrial capabilities, not on prestige projects.
mars mission is to showcase the launch capabalities and our tech...its nothing but a big advertisement to attract huge market of 500 billion $ of satellite launching services..

I just state the truth. And truth could be hurtful and sometimes provoking. But its best to accept the truth then to deny it , attack it, or attack the messenger.

Finally, I speak the truth from neutral perspective.

My brown a$$ you state the truth. You pretty much troll people and you yourself know it, and engage in saboteur tactics as well.

Unfortunately, you cannot lie as well as you troll.

My brown a$$ you state the truth. You pretty much troll people and you yourself know it, and engage in saboteur tactics as well.

Unfortunately, you cannot lie as well as you troll.
When I speak truth about India, you call it trolling. So trolling now defines as not agree with India 2030 video.

When I speak truth about India, you call it trolling. So trolling now defines as not agree with India 2030 video.

Save it.

I criticise India, pakistan and china etc.

I know what your motives are. Don't try to pass of as a guy who speaks truth to power.

At the end of the day, you are no better than the 50 cent Han Chinese racist posters who are obsessed with Darwinian eugenics.

That my friend is the truth.

And I am sure you are this truthful in real life too right? Oh wait, you are only honest when anonymity affords you protection.

Next time when you criticise post something substantive and do so without inteionally pissing off others.

When you criticise any country be prepared to get answered back.

Drop your online machismo act. It ain't impressing no one except the Han Chinese 50 centers here.

I not debating the merit of the Mars project. But tie it to other countries using India to launch satellites is ridiculous.
Some profits from commercial launches can be utilized in Mars-like projects, that's what I said. So there is a connection.

Some profits from commercial launches can be utilized in Mars-like projects, that's what I said. So there is a connection.

No, the article was about how the Mars launch caused other nations want to go with India for space launches. I'm pointing to that this is not the case, that they are not related. Some of the money make from space launches can be use for Mars launch, but the Mars launch would not cause others to want to use India for space launches.

The way people dismiss Mars Mission, its like saying there is no need of marketing/advertisement to sell the product.

Post reported stay on the topic

On topic
This is gonna cause some serious burning in the UK

These are two different aspects,one being self sufficient and other advancement in R & D.This is a great business after all. With a proven platform like PSLV, Indians are going to earn a lot of foreign dollars which would ultimately prove vital for our research oriented project like Mangalayan.

It is quite funny that we are launching British satellites while the very English media was remarkably critical about necessity of prestige projects by poor countries like India. It will be of great amusement to know what's their take on this.

Finally, I speak the truth from neutral perspective.

That's the problem, you aren't! You are not neutral but highly biased and see things only from your point of view in a bubble, that's why you speak only "your own truth". Try to get a neutral perspective and your views will be much better.

Think of the the Mars mission as a R&D project. The lessons learned from the project can be and will be applied towards the more "commercially oriented" ISRO projects. Look at the bigger picture. Being a one trick pony will only take you so far.

That are justifications for the money that we spend on that project, but are based on hope that it might get us something in future, while sending satellites for our own requirements, or foreign customers achive direct benefits. For a country that like India, with so many other problems, these direct benefits make a space program worth it, while spending money for the hope of future benefits isn't.
And what commercially oriented projects to you see at a mission to mars? The Russians making money by sending VIPs to the ISS. Virgin Atlantic is developing aircrafts for commercial flights to space, but you don't really expect us sending VIPs to the mars or?
From a scientific point of view, the data we might gather should be interesting, no doubt on that, but commercially we won't gain with it and the biggest point is simply PR / prestige.
IF there would had been a commercial interest, we would had send another mission to the moon, for further surveys or even mining for resources that are expected there. That would be a useful next step after Chandrayaan and with a clear commercial aim.

Only because we can do something, doesn't mean we have to do it and to get back to the defence topic, me might be able to develop a nuclear propulsion for a nuclear carrier soon, but that doesn't mean we would need a nuclear carrier!

mars mission is to showcase the launch capabalities and our tech...its nothing but a big advertisement to attract huge market of 500 billion $ of satellite launching services..

Mate, we are sending satellites for foreign countries since years, that's nothing new that we achieved just now, so no wasting of money for PR reasons is needed. In fact, our problem is not that the world don't acknowledge that we can do it, but that they still see us as a 3rd world country with low costs but also low quality technical capability. Sending a mission to mars won't change that, while improving our technical quality, reliability and even more basic things like our indigenous aero industry would get us far more!

Last edited:
That's the problem, you aren't! You are not neutral but highly biased and see things only from your point of view in a bubble, that's why you speak only "your own truth". Try to get a neutral perspective and your views will be much better.

Instead of just going back and forth, point out an instance when I don't speak the truth. Otherwise, forever hold your peace.

No, the article was about how the Mars launch caused other nations want to go with India for space launches. I'm pointing to that this is not the case, that they are not related. Some of the money make from space launches can be use for Mars launch, but the Mars launch would not cause others to want to use India for space launches.
No MOM did help further establishing PSLV's credibility and reliability. It clearly showed India can dare to attempt with PSLV what other countries would attempt with much heavier rockets. This can be a factor for other countries decision to chose India's PSLV for satellite launches.

Hi Guys,

Wait for some time. ISRO is developing reusable launch vehicle. At least the most expensive Lower stage will be recovered.

ISRO hopes to bring down the cost of launch to 20% There will be hardly be any competition than. ISRO will have to build so many new launch PAD than.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom