What's new

ISRO set to launch India’s sixth navigation satellite IRNSS-1F on PSLV rocket at 4 p.m. Today

IRNSS is GAGAN right? Or its different?
Nope, if IRNSS is East, then Gagan is west. Totally different things.

GAGAN is for receiving GPS signals from American GPS system and removing errors in it to allow for navigation using augmented GPS signals that would be transmitted by GAGAN for South Asian region.

IRNSS is India's own GPS from ground up.

Congrats

Now I'm so bored of Seeing ISRO launching sats via PSLV... time to bring the big boy

10357641_1707039589519396_2069455152477278270_o.jpg
12841459_1707039586186063_1325640479143801830_o.jpg

One more to go .Then we have our own GPS /GLONASS system that covers ME ,Central Asia ,entire South Asia and some East Asia

so 55-year-old isro, with its temple-obsessed chairmans, will launch yet another satellite.

in other news, the private and small american company 'blue origin', established only 15 years ago, will make its first human test flight next year ( 2017 ) and the first sub-orbital space tourism flights in 2018 :

Blue Origin boss says paid space travel likely in 2018 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

yeah, isro "scientists" and engineers are geniuses. :lol:

lol at isro now. :)

well...why compare with the pioneers or the best ....we are just 60-70 yrs old nation....in European standard still pretty young, aint we? money is the last thing that Americans think when they have to do something and for us it is the very first thing! We are catching up decently, I dont see any reason to bad mouth ISRO considering their budget and availability of talent in India!...Cream has been going to US to work for NASA and your private and small american companies like 'blue origin' ..!

But who will be willing to switch from GPS...

Indians.... We can bring in a rule change asking mobile makers to install our receivers in their mobiles. For defence purposes. An alternative to G-Earth on Indian shores. More accuracy, more reliability.

Back
Top Bottom