What's new

Isreal 's Merkava 4 instead of Russian T-90

I will be in favor !!!:victory:

Hi,
I never knew we had an Israeli in the forum.

As per the merkava tank , i read some reports that in the recent conflict its Armour was easily penetrated by RPG-3 leading to the loss of the crew member. Is it true?

Also i m a big fan of IDF and really liked its tactics against overwhelming odds. Especially a big fan of ariel sharon , i think he was aMaj gen during the yom kippur war .

So what is your take on the merkava 4 if india gets it would it be suitable for desert warfare in indian condition.

Current Al-khalid's performance is way lower than Arjun's. Waiting for new version of Al-khalid.

Shouldn't we wait for the Arjun to get inducted en masse before making performance comparisons?

As of now, you could compare the Pakistani T-59's with the Arjun and still have the T-59's come out tops - simply because one platform is available for deployment into battle NOW, and the other is not.

Hi,
I never knew we had an Israeli in the forum.

As per the merkava tank , i read some reports that in the recent conflict its Armour was easily penetrated by RPG-3 leading to the loss of the crew member. Is it true?

Also i m a big fan of IDF and really liked its tactics against overwhelming odds. Especially a big fan of ariel sharon , i think he was aMaj gen during the yom kippur war .

So what is your take on the merkava 4 if india gets it would it be suitable for desert warfare in indian condition.

The 2006 Lebanon conflict made the IDF work on its armor
but some of the Mekava were old versions
I dont think tanks should fight guerrilla war were you
have hiding one or tow men with anti tank weapon .

About the desert tank performance I think Israel
got enough time in desert warfare to convert into the Merkava
performance , I served in Sinai in the 70's on Magach
anfd my son is serving today in a Merkava 3

IDF ARMOR

Shouldn't we wait for the Arjun to get inducted en masse before making performance comparisons?

As of now, you could compare the Pakistani T-59's with the Arjun and still have the T-59's come out tops - simply because one platform is available for deployment into battle NOW, and the other is not.

I disagree:disagree:.Generally a performance comparison applies for each and every product way before than production. In the earlier stages of "product planning" it is the most important thing because there is always a similar product in the market to compete. So in theoretically a prototype is enough to compare with current product.

As if now 45 Arjun MBT's are inducted by the army and they are now undergoing tests before operationalised. Production process is still going for another 77 tanks which are expected to deliver by March 2010.

Appart from the fact the isrealis will not give you any discount these tanks did not fair well at all against hezbullah. The tanks were picked off by anti tank rockets easily and were stoped in their tracks. Its a pity that hezbullah was not strong enough to mount a sustained counter attack as this would have given the isreali tank crews a hard time. I would suggest you buy them and then cry that they dont work and end up as junk.

I don't think the Merkava mark 4 will be for sale in the coming years.
Israel does appear to be trying to market it:

merkava-mk4-2.jpg

Israel’s Merkava 4 Tank Showcased in Paris

This year’s Eurosatory defense industry trade show in Paris includes an Israeli pavilion, whereby the Merkava 4 Tank will be shown outside of Israel for the first time ever

Arnon Ben-Dror

The Ministry of Defense is currently operating a pavilion at the 2010 Eurosatory defense industry trade show in Paris, where various countries and companies present new technological advances within the modern warfare industry. The Ministry of Defense is being represented by the Sibat Branch, which is the body responsible for the security export of the State of Israel.

This Israel pavilion is filled with a large assortment of weapons, active defense systems, command and control systems, equipment for soldiers of the future, air defense, and many other systems. 27 Israeli security companies are taking part in the exhibition.

The highlight of the exhibition for the Israeli delegation is the Merkava 4 Tank, which is thought of as one of the most advanced tanks in the world and is being shown outside of Israel for the first time. 17 Israeli companies, which have donated 60 tank systems and sub systems, are participating in the display.

The Merkava tanks are a series of Tanks made in Israel, which comprise the spearhead of the Israeli Armored Corps. The tank was developed in Israel and its production began in 1980, when models of the tank evolved over the years. The first Merkava Tank that was produced was the Merkava 1 Tank, followed by the Merkava 2 Tank, the Merkava 3 Tank, and starting in 2003 production for the Merkava 4, the latest model, began. The Merkava 4 is thought of as one of the most advanced, leading and secure tanks in the world.

AM we have 2 armoured regiments of ARJUN up an battle ready..our platform is ready...and we are now going for its upgrades and FMBT..so that we can walk along with the new designs philosphies of tank warfare:cheers:

for this thread..indians and isrealis are working together on tank upgrades...merkava 4 is a beast and best beacuse it is made accordingly to the isreali needs we dnt need it:no:
we are running our own projects and END results are known to the world..

build your own tank. History teaches us again and again that you shouldn't trust anyone when it comes to your own safety

Back
Top Bottom