Status
Not open for further replies.

RFS_Br

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
3678156441.jpg

Ra'anana city hall. Photo by Sharon Bukov

The Ra’anana municipality has canceled an event organized by the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Israel, concerned that the religious group’s meeting would “hurt the feelings of the public.”

The event, which should have been held Saturday in the Ra’anana municipal sports center, was canceled following pressure by the anti-missionary group Yad L’Achim.

Although the event was set to include only a seminar, Yad L’Achim had warned earlier in the week that it would be a “mass baptism.” The four Orthodox members on the municipality said they would resign if the event took place.

The Lod District Court rejected a petition by the association, Watchtower for Israel, for an emergency order to allow the event to be held.

On Thursday afternoon, the Ra’anana municipality posted on its Facebook page that when it became known that Jehovah’s Witnesses “was planning on holding a lecture in Ra’anana, out of a desire to respect the feelings of the residents of the city – and out of serious and real concern that harsh actions could deteriorate into disturbance of the peace to the extent of fear for the safety of residents – the municipality held talks jointly with Israel Police and the group to dissuade them from holding the event in Ra’anana by consensus. Unfortunately, these efforts were fruitless, so the municipality was forced to inform the group that the event was canceled.”

The municipality denied that Yad L’Achim or the resignation threat of the Orthodox city councillors had played a part in its decision.

Following the municipality’s refusal on Thursday to allow the event, Jehovah’s Witnesses went to court, claiming that the municipality’s actions constituted a violation of religious freedom and that it had a right to hold the event on municipal premises. The city responded that it had the right to prevent the event from taking place.

The court rejected the Jehovah’s Witnesses petition and is expected to publish a ruling this week regarding such events in the future.

The Ra’anana municipality said it “welcomes the court’s verdict, which properly considered the circumstances and decided not to order that the event be held.” The municipality also said it would “continue to work for the good of the city’s residents out of respect and recognition of the needs and desires of all the residents.”

Yad L’Achim claimed last Wednesday that “buses all over the country would bring innocent Jews to be baptized on the Sabbath at the Ra’anana municipal sports center.” It called on its supporters to pressure the city not to hold the event. It subsequently published a letter signed by Deputy Mayor Chaim Goldman and his fellow Orthodox faction members – city councillors Drora Cohen, Eli Cohen and Shlomo Friedman – that “if the event takes place, the faction will not see itself as one of the partners in the coalition.”

On Friday afternoon, Yad L’Achim said it was “pleased to announce that cooperation among many factions, including the chief rabbi of Ra’anana, Rabbi Yitzhak Peretz, religious council members, residents of Ra’anana and Jews who care from all over the country and who answered our call and expressed protest, the preaching and baptism event has been canceled.” The statement added that Yad L’Achim “thanked those who took part and assisted in the cancelation, and thus contributed to the sanctification of God.”

Last March, the Rishon Letzion Magistrate’s Court rejected a demand by the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Israel to allow it to hold weekly activities in a classroom in the Raziel high school. The city argued that it canceled its contract with the group before the necessary authorization was issued because the school principal learned that the activity involved ostensibly a Christian missionary group whose faith went against the educational goals in Israel’s public school system.

Jehovah’s Witnesses argued unsuccessfully that the cancellation had stemmed from extraneous considerations and constituted wrongful religious discrimination.

Jehovah’s Witnesses is a Christian-based religious movement that was founded in the United States in the late 19th century. It is known for its evangelical approach, going door-to-door to spread the word of Jehovah (God). There are an estimated 8 million “Witnesses” around the world, including more than a million in the United States.

Israeli town council cancels Jehovah’s Witnesses event - National - Israel News | Haaretz

Christians are the punching bag of the entire world:

China-inprison the Christians who undermmine glorious communisn,close churches
Islamic countries-Kill followers of the Cross,treat them like dirt
Israel-ban them Christians
India-Close churches,them Christians want to buy us
Secular Western countries-Ban Christian symbols,deny our Christian roots,let's not upset the minorities

Just another proof that we're in the right,and the others just try to persecute the followers of Christ,like it was foretold.No matter,let them try,in the end times we'll prevail against all sinners.

Amin.

Christians are the punching bag of the entire world:

China-inprison the Christians who undermmine glorious communisn,close churches
Islamic countries-Kill followers of the Cross,treat them like dirt
Israel-ban them Christians
India-Close churches,them Christians want to buy us
Secular Western countries-Ban Christian symbols,deny our Christian roots,let's not upset the minorities

Just another proof that we're in the right,and the others just try to persecute the followers of Christ,like it was foretold.No matter,let them try,in the end times we'll prevail against all sinners.

Amin.
Well, you can't have the best of two worlds :cheesy: Either accept the apologetic faggotry of Europe that brought you equality, democracy and interracial breeding AKA death of white race OR stick with believing that the world was created 10,000 years ago and that God is three and one in three, three=three=god=one=3 :bounce:

Another LIE. Another diversion of original topic. Jehova Witnesses are a SECT, not Christians.

Reported. First time on this forum I do it.

Iran supports a group that says "Death to America" and "Curse the Jews" = Oh, poor Iranians, they're just misunderstood, let's be friends.
Saudis have become Israel's dancing monkeys full time, now. Out of fear of Iran, I suppose?

Oh so Iranians chant "Death to America"? Boo fvcking hoo. The day a chant kills someone, we'll talk. For the time being, actual killings are still America's preserve. And Saudi's.

And this thread, by the way, is not about Iran, so I'll have to report your post for straying out of topic. If you have some butthurt re: Iran, create your own thread. I never raid your threads to derail the discussion to another topic, so please extend me the same courtesy.

Another LIE. Another diversion of original topic. Jehova Witnesses are a SECT, not Christians.
That's like saying Roman Catholicism isn't Christian or Shia Islam isn't Muslim because they're both sects. All religions are divided into sects, fool. If that delegimates an individual sect, then there are no legitimate religions, only sects.

LOL

I don't know what you want me to do there
I looked them up
yes they are not mainstream Christians but an offshoot but what are they if they are not Christians? you call them a sect but sect of what?
I must agree with you that they reject the trinity concept and don't consider Jesus as God or Son of God instead a creation like us all.

but for an outsider its not important what they are. I mean you wont care less if Ismailes are Shia or Ahmedis are Sunni and whether or not they are considered Muslims by the mainstream Muslims?

if your objection is to the title that it puts a wrong image as if Israel is suppressing religious freedom of "Christians" then you are welcome to post your alternative view point.

OP has not altered the tittle and the subject matter is not violating forum rules.

please let me know your concerns.

sorry I cant help you at this point

many thanks

IB

That's like saying Roman Catholicism isn't Christian or Shia Islam isn't Muslim because they're both sects. All religions are divided into sects, fool. If that delegimates an individual sect, then there are no legitimate religions, only sects.
You just insulted 1.5 billion Catholics and Shia Muslims with over millenia tradition by comparing them to new born sect.

I don't know what you want me to do there
I looked them up
yes they are not mainstream Christians but an offshoot but what are they if they are not Christians? you call them a sect but sect of what?
I must agree with you that they reject the trinity concept and don't consider Jesus as God or Son of God instead a creation like us all.

but for an outsider its not important what they are. I mean you wont care less if Ismailes are Shia or Ahmedis are Sunni and whether or not they are considered Muslims by the mainstream Muslims?

if your objection is to the title that it puts a wrong image as if Israel is suppressing religious freedom of "Christians" then you are welcome to post your alternative view point.

OP has not altered the tittle and the subject matter is not violating forum rules.

please let me know your concerns.

sorry I cant help you at this point

many thanks

IB
The original newspaper article is very accurate and informative:

Israeli town council cancels Jehovah’s Witnesses event

He changed it to something which is both very very controversial (since wast majority of Christians don't consider Jehovah Witnesses as Christians) and much less informative. And the only reason for this degradation is propaganda.

You just insulted 1.5 billion Catholics and Shia Muslims with over millenia tradition by comparing them to new born sect.

The original newspaper article is very accurate and informative:

Israeli town council cancels Jehovah’s Witnesses event

He changed it to something which is both very very controversial (since wast majority of Christians don't consider Jehovah Witnesses as Christians) and much less informative. And the only reason for this degradation is propaganda.
title edited as advised

question is. do the Jenovah witnesses consider themselves Christians or something else? I will like to know that.

you see, the ISIS, AL Qaeda and their brothers in faith that fund them (as per US diplomatic leaks) consider many other Muslims as non-Muslims whereas those other groups still insist on being recognised as Muslims.
hence the question. new sect or old shouldn't decide if it is right or wrong. its a faith after all. and why you care and why should I care too ?:)

just an off topic phrase springs to mind about the first season episode of Apprentice in UK
where there is an interesting dialogue between Lord Sugar and a candidate.the ending line is classic and timeless remark by quick witted Lord Sugar. after the candidate boasts about his Catholic faith.
careless.PNG

Last edited:
Saudis have become Israel's dancing monkeys full time, now. Out of fear of Iran, I suppose?

Oh so Iranians chant "Death to America"? Boo fvcking hoo. The day a chant kills someone, we'll talk. For the time being, actual killings are still America's preserve. And Saudi's.

And this thread, by the way, is not about Iran, so I'll have to report your post for straying out of topic. If you have some butthurt re: Iran, create your own thread. I never raid your threads to derail the discussion to another topic, so please extend me the same courtesy.

LOL
Fear of tin can planes and photoshop missiles lol.

Its the hate for Iran and Ayatollat monarchy that gathers us. :)

title edited as advised

question is. do the Jenovah witnesses consider themselves Christians or something else? I will like to know that.

you see, the ISIS, AL Qaeda and their brothers in faith that fund them (as per US diplomatic leaks) consider many other Muslims as non-Muslims whereas those other groups still insist on being recognised as Muslims.
hence the question. new sect or old shouldn't decide if it is right or wrong. its a faith after all. and why you care and why should I care too ?:)

just an off topic phrase springs to mind about the first season episode of Apprentice in UK
where there is an interesting dialogue between Lord Sugar and a candidate.the ending line is classic and timeless remark by quick witted Lord Sugar. after the candidate boasts about his Catholic faith.
View attachment 216450
Thank you. I think its up to Christians. There are three major divisions in Christianity (Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant) and they don't consider JW as Christians. Thus serious sources avoid calling them Christians:

BBC - Religions - Witnesses: Jehovah's Witnesses at a glance
Jehovah's Witness | religion | Encyclopedia Britannica

Thank you. I think its up to Christians. There are three major divisions in Christianity (Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant) and they don't consider JW as Christians. Thus serious sources avoid calling them Christians:

BBC - Religions - Witnesses: Jehovah's Witnesses at a glance
Jehovah's Witness | religion | Encyclopedia Britannica
thanks for your feedback
as they say everyday is a school day. I understand your argument point from Christian majority's view about JW but again I would have liked to see what THEY themselves think about themselves. (looking at some marginal sects in Islam as example and dismissive/ genocidal tendencies of majority sect towards them).

there is nothing much in this thread so I am closing it because of blatant anti-Semitism expressed after your post which I had to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom