• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • no, it came out of the blue

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am gobsmacked that the Lebanese Army is doing nothing about the incursions... at any level. I can maybe understand them not having an airforce, but this is silly. At least do something to suggest that Lebanon is a sovereign country.. with some men inside her..... All they can do, is run around and ask America to help them... hello... who do they think is paying for the bombs flying over their heads and vetoing all resolutions to attempt to stop this nonsense ????

It shows you that you HAVE to have the capability to defend yourself, at all times. There is no such thing as a "peace dividend", as intentions can and do(as demonstrated with this incident) change in 24hrs.

The recent comments from Saudia Arabia, on this issue have also been disappointing

taken from: www.pakdef.info

A.Rahman said:
I am gobsmacked that the Lebanese Army is doing nothing about the incursions... at any level. I can maybe understand them not having an airforce, but this is silly. At least do something to suggest that Lebanon is a sovereign country.. with some men inside her..... All they can do, is run around and ask America to help them... hello... who do they think is paying for the bombs flying over their heads and vetoing all resolutions to attempt to stop this nonsense ????

It shows you that you HAVE to have the capability to defend yourself, at all times. There is no such thing as a "peace dividend", as intentions can and do(as demonstrated with this incident) change in 24hrs.

The recent comments from Saudia Arabia, on this issue have also been disappointing

taken from: www.pakdef.info

I know lots of lebanese here, some of their relatives have just arrived, and they are telling that people over there are very eager to leave lebanane to migrate to european countries. They also have majority of christian population around 35%. People are leaving their business and behaving like they are fed up with their home towns. There's too much corruption plus bad politics involve as well. Young generation is adopting western culture, perhaps in some areas you will find, that ur living in a western society.

A.Rahman said:

F-16's cant be shot down with AK-47's.

sigatoka said:
F-16's cant be shot down with AK-47's.

well said :

This is Lebanon's airfoce, what is this a joke?!

SYSTEMS Inventory
Year 2000

FIGHTERS
Hunter F-70 ~3
FGA-70A ~3

HELICOPTERS
SA-342 4
UH-1H 32
AB-212 5
AB-205 16
SA-330 3
SA-318 2
SA-319 4
TRAINING AIRCRAFT
CM-170 3
Bulldog 3
TRANSPORTS
DOVE 1
Turbo-Commander 690A 1

ARMY
SYSTEMS Inventory
Year 2000
MBT
M-48 A1/A5 110
T-54/T-55 205
AFV
AMX-13 35
Saladin 40
Ferret 5
AML-90 80
Staghound 30
APC
M-113 725
VAB-VCI 30
VAB-VTT 30
AMX-VCI 75
Panhard M3/VTT 15

Towed Artillery
M-101A 15
M-102 10
M-1938 33
D-30 10
M-46 25
M-114A1 15
M-198 35
MRL
BM-11 5
BM-21 25
Various
BGM-71 20
RPG-7 ?
M-65 ?
M-40A1 ?
ENTAC Missile ?
Milan Missile ?

Lebanese Air Force

The air force currently lacks any operational fixed wing aircraft. Active aircraft include approximately 30 ex-US Army Bell UH-1H helicopters, which are used throughout the country on a variety of missions.
The air force recently acquired 4 brand new Robinson R44 Raven II helicopters, which are used for training purposes. They are based at Rayak Air Base in the eastern part of the country.

Neo said:
Neighboring countries have the same right to defend themselves.

Having the capablity to defend themselves is more imporant than having the right.Israel has the capablity and the right.And so it works.

But the problem is that if Lebanon or any other neighboring coutry attacks Israel the US will not veto the UNSC.

It means that the Israelis have nice powerfull and more importantly reliable friends while the Lebanese seem to have none that can come to their help in their desperate times of need.

Should you complain about the friends of Israel or the friends of Lebanon?

Face it, Israelis have been many times smarter than its enemies.If I were their enemies I'd like to change that situation first.

melb4aust said:
What the hell on the earth did they attack lebanone. What did they do. Was'nt i saying it before, its hard to trust on Israel. And at one side they are claiming terrorism against them. Isnt this a terrorism killing young kids, and innocent people. Whats a point of striking civilians. Hell i hate this toooo:mad:

Do u read or watch anything related to news?

But why did hisbullah attack them from the north.They attcaked using lebeneese soverign territory,and the GOL is responsible for such acts.if they cant clean up the mess, IDf can.

There was tension on the eastern border with palestine and any killing or rocket firing wud have been considerd as a part of it.

I feel this is going to help the public opinion go against the hisbullah *** .Most of the expats have made huge investments in the real estate in lebonon and all those will go up in smoke due to this hisbullah idiosyncrasy.

Back
Top Bottom