What's new

Featured Israel-Palestinian Conflict Resurgence 2021: Al-Aqsa attacks, riots, rockets, military clashes and Jerusalem conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
All You Nations Sleeping
by
Abby Zimet, Further columnist

girl_big_sad_e1sjnizvuau-v6m.jpg

Gaza City. Twitter photos
Israel's slaughter goes on. Marking Eid, the holiest day of the holiest month in the Islamic calender, at least 87 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, including 18 children; over 530 have been wounded, and hundreds have been left homeless after Israeli missiles targeted 17 homes and the 13-story al-Hanadi apartment building, which also housed business, medical and media offices. "Gaza will burn," vowed right-wing, blood-soaked Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz in an explicit threat to commit war crimes, pledging to exceed the savagery of his 2014 Operation Protective Edge that killed over 2,200 Palestinians, including 550 children. Today, Gantz is the norm in an apartheid Israel no longer shy about declaring, "This is a Jewish country": A Netanyahu spokesperson posted an old video from Syria to accuse Hamas of using “human shields,” an Israeli lawmaker urged the military to “flatten the Strip,” a Justice Minister supports destroying Palestinian homes because, "Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there." With Israeli troops reportedly massing for a possible ground assault, Gaza is already a hellscape where "the sounds of children screaming are louder than the missiles." The victims are random, innocent, beloved: Awad Abuselmya, who was his family's only survivor when Israeli bombs killed his parents and six siblings in 2006; Munther Abd al-Karim Baraka, 21, and his sister Manar Abd al-Karim Baraka, 18, who were working on their family's chicken farm; Lina Iyad Shrir, 15, and both her parents; Bashar Ahmad Samour, 17, a farmer who was harvesting parsely with two relatives; a family of six, including four children and their pregnant mother; many in their cars, some in their stores, one in a park; Reema Saad, a 30-year-old journalist, killed in an Israeli airstrike with her 3 year-old daughter, 5 year-old son, and husband Muhammed . She was four months pregnant. She is not a number. None of them are.
"Here is what I want you to understand," writes one resident of untenable life in the long-besieged Gaza. "We are bleeding here, anyway. Bleeding silently, all the time. Regardless of this or that war.. Why do I, why do we, have to choose between a quick death during a time of war, or a silent death under blockade?" Complicit in the Gazan nightmare, lest we forget, is the U.S. and its almost four billion dollars in military aid to support David Ben-Gurion's merciless edict for the Zionist project of "maximum territory, minimum Arabs.” That goal is reflected in today's turmoil in occupied East Jerusalem, most notably in Sheikh Jarrah, where Israeli settlers intent on “Judaizing” the city are seizing homes where Palestinians have lived for decades - an effort funded significantly by American Jews. Biden, who's long supported Israel, has stuck to his narrative: Israel, he says, "has a right to defend itself" (against small children and pregnant women). Many have had enough: "Biden has a right to go **** himself until he stops funding apartheid and state terrorism. #FreePalestine." Over 100 Democrats share the sentiment, arguing in a scorching open letter to Biden that, rather than send "hollow Eid greetings," "We must not allow U.S. tax dollars to be the currency for ethnic cleansing for Israeli apartheid." They urge Biden to slash a defense budget that now provides more money to Israel than climate change, and above all to "demonstrate actual leadership on human rights instead of turning a blind eye to the suffering of our brothers and sisters." Their charge: "Hold the missiles, drones, bombs, cages, interrogations, detentions, incarceration, deportations, CIA covert missions, economic sanctions, torture, humiliation, forced evictions, land theft, broken promises, lies, empty gestures, hostilities, and most recently the vaccine apartheid." The bottom line: "You don't need to be Muslim to stand for GAZA. You just need to be HUMAN." The call to an indifferent world is echoed by one small, ferocious Gazan boy: "All you nations sleeping through our pain - children are dying."
Update: Israel has now killed at least 119 people including 31 children, and injured at least 830 people.

Bombed/Homeless
gaza_new_kid_440_flag_e1oukh_wqakloco.jpg

gaza_new_final_400_boy_lost_dad_e1o0wmjx0ait16o_0.jpg

Boy whose father was just killed

This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Simply Don't Exist.
Please select a donation method:

Related Articles

Woke: The CIA Seeks Hip Diverse Torturers For Their Murderous Global Campaigns Please

Here’s the link

I don’t know how else to post videos on here without creating a file. Anyone know a video link generator where I can upload videos too?

I know, this happened in the first day or two.

We are speaking more about the sudden increase in impacts recently that may indicate better weapons or degrading iron dome
In your android mobile, play the youtube video , tap share , tap coppy link button and then past it . Hope it will work .

This post of mine MIGHT get deleted for being irrelevant BUT I must request you ALL to at least listen to this Sheikh with open minds as someone who wants to hear may be a different perspective on the events unfolding in the ME (Middle East) in general and in Palestine in particular. The Sheikh at the time of this lecture was in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. The discussion on ME starts at 10:56:

Such a wealth of knowledge! I highly respect this Sheikh and back his theory on escotology. It's all there in black and white for the ones who wish to see.

100% agree if General Zia ul Haq was the COAS today things will be different...just listen doesn't he have the same sentiments MOST of us have on this thread...don't we look for Unity in these testing times...listen:

It's your delusion that he would have done something. Baaton k sher saray he bantay hn.

White phosphorus??

Western media will block out these images by saying they are graphic/disturbing. But I think the world needs to see this.

May the day come soon when these criminals will not find a tree to hide behind.

Some Palestinian twitter accounts mention about White phosphorus.

What you are doing is petty attempts. That is no support to Palestine situation. You don't bring constant skeletons from the past or grave.. an use it as narrative saying look they share in the blame? UAE has no share in that.. They have issued their statements and have taken distance from that.. We should respect that

Let
What you are doing is petty attempts. That is no support to Palestine situation. You don't bring constant skeletons from the past or grave.. an use it as narrative saying look they share in the blame? UAE has no share in that.. They have issued their statements and have taken distance from that.. We should respect that

I have spoken of my disdain of the impotent Arab and other Muslim nations indifference, betrayal, impotence, collusion, or Munafiq attitude towards today's Palestinian massacre.

In a platform that reaches thousands (who read this forum)... I can say to my creator that I spoke from my heart truth according to how I should for the suffering and oppression of another Muslim.

You will take your word with you as well.

Let

I have spoken of my disdain of the impotent Arab and other Muslim nations indifference, betrayal, impotence, collusion, or Munafiq attitude towards today's Palestinian massacre.

In a platform that reaches thousands (who read this forum)... I can say to my creator that I spoke from my heart truth according to how I should for the suffering and oppression of another Muslim.

You will take your word with you as well.

You are not going about it right but o'right lets stay on topic

Imagine same man is vilified by Bhutto gang and all other sharabi kababi haramis who were getting danda from him.

The man you are talking about have worked with Israel during Afghan war, also he assisted Israelis in some action in Lebanon.

This the power of Muslim World at present, do a survey in any country & populus will be unanimous in waging a war but We are hopless & Plastinians helpless. This is where we stand.

Cry and Pray that the devil tires soon.

That's an excuse concocted by the useless and corrupt Pakistani awam. I don't believe I can remember a single instance of the top changing it for the bottom. Why would they? They are 'the top' because of it. The bottom builds the institutions to safeguard itself from the top. The bottom here is rotten as well.

Sir, then we can sit down and think about what came first, the hen or the egg.

No one will respect Pakistan if they do not support Turkey and come forward just as strongly. Turkey has proposed international ground troops in Gaza. Pakistan should come forward and support the proposal. See how much respect Turkey has for standing up for its values and they will succeed as a nation. Mashalla.

For Pakistan, it is high time to create new alliances. Turkey, Iran, China, Malaysia. The Arabs will soon be history when we get the green shift. Then maybe they will enter the alliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom