What's new

Israel offered Nuclear weapons to South Africa.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Revealed: Israeli defence minister offered nuclear weapons to South Africa
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 4:54 AM on 24th May 2010

Read more: Revealed: Israeli defence minister offered nuclear weapons to South Africa | Mail Online

Apartheid era documents declassified by South Africa have revealed the nation was offered nuclear weapons by Israel in 1975.
In top secret meetings between South African defence minister PW Botha and his Israeli counterpart Shimon Peres, who is now the country's president, South Africa was offered nuclear warheads 'in three sizes'.

Documents proving the meeting and offer occurred were recently declassified by South Africa's ANC government, despite pressure from Israel for them to remain secret.
The details were discovered by U.S. academic Sasha Polakow-Suransky while researching a book on the two countries' close relationship, The Guardian reported.

The timing of the release is poor for Israel, which is currently involved in U.N. nuclear non-proliferation talks in New York, with discussions centring on the Middle East.
It also damages Israel's claim that if it has nuclar weapons, it is a responsible power that would not misuse them. The country has a policy of neither confirming nor denying whether it has a nuclear arsenal.
South African documents show the country wanted the Jericho missiles as a means of deterring its enemies, including neighbouring nations and was offered the firepower on March 31, 1975.
A secret memo written by South African military chief of staff General RF Armstrong read: 'In considering the merits of a weapon system such as the one being offered, certain assumptions have been made: a) that the missiles will be armed with nuclear warheads...'
When the countries met again on June 4, 1975, they had code-named the project Chalet. Minutes of the meeting reveal that South Africa was ready to order the weapons if the 'correct payload' was available.
The transaction eventually fell through.
The documents corroberate claims by former South African naval commander Dieter Gerhardt, who was jailed in 1983 for spying on the Soviet Union, that identified Chalet by name.
Mordechai Vanunu published photos and descriptions of nuclear manufacturing processes used by Israel in the Sunday Times in 1986, but - like Gerhardt - could not provide documents to support his information.

Read more: Revealed: Israeli defence minister offered nuclear weapons to South Africa | Mail Online

Revealed: Israeli defence minister offered nuclear weapons to South Africa | Mail Online

What the hell . . Israel offering nuclear weapons as pistol guns.:devil:

guys would like you to read 2 minutes over baghdad, and that was Israeli F-15s black blood over baghdad, destroying the Tamuz I reactor on 7 June 1981. Next was Pakistan..

guys would like you to read 2 minutes over baghdad, and that was Israeli F-15s black blood over baghdad, destroying the Tamuz I reactor on 7 June 1981. Next was Pakistan..

Next was Pakistan and they are still trying and now from Afghanistan

so?

saudi arabia offered nukes to pakistan, north korea sold nukes to every terrorist state out there.

south africa was switzerland compared to the apartheid muslim/arab states.

oh, and did i mention the arab states did plenty business with SA?

countries don't have friends, they have interests.

i LAUGH at the left and their islamist fools who attack israel on moral grounds, dubious not only to their own hypocrisy, but the fact that israel comes out superior in every fashion when lined up against the most liberal european state.

zionist south africans were instrumental in over-throwing the apartheid.

but it was worthless..because south africa is still a racist shithole still clinging to post-apartheid victimhood.

The revelation may be a bit embarrassing for Israel in the context of the ongoing NPT review conference but other than that nothing of much significance will happen. This was more than 30 years ago and I doubt these revelation is news to the 'international community' i.e., US,UK etc. In 1979 when a seismic event was detected in or off the coast of South Africa, it was surmised that this was due to a nuclear device going off and the speculation was that it was an Israeli bomb that was tested rather than a South African one. In any event, the Israelis went to knock out the Osirak nuclear reactor in Baghdad in 1981 and more recently in 2008? the Syrian nuclear reactor. So i dont think there will be any consequences for Israel.

Nothin israel is a terrorist state.

saudi arabia offered nukes to pakistan, north korea sold nukes to every terrorist state out there.

Saudis dnt have nuke :rofl: dont know if they got it from livnis tzipis backyard?
World calls N.Korea a rogue state and it has sanction on it?so then israel should be dealt with the same iron hand?

First why r u bringin lazy arabs in ur B.S ranting???and wat about Mulims?
Heil hitler he was a good man germany was switzerland compared to terrorists zionese state.

So do we?but south africa isnt sellin nukes?is it????
Whole world does business so wat?

So by selling nukes wat was isrllls interest?killing humans?

i LAUGH at the left and their islamist fools who attack israel on moral grounds, dubious not only to their own hypocrisy, but the fact that israel comes out superior in every fashion when lined up against the most liberal european state.

Better then jewish occupying terrorist fools?

RANTING.Nothing to do with the topic....south africans who threw the regime were people like nelson mandela.

but it was worthless..because south africa is still a racist shithole still clinging to post-apartheid victimhood.

Same goes for terrorist israel.
Have a happy day.

Last edited:
so?

Its enough to show what you have got.

get lost.

gloaniB..you are reported for racist remarks. I m hopeful you will be banned for good.

hi
so this doesn't count as nuclear proliferation since the people from the promised land are doing it :woot:

Back
Top Bottom