What's new

Israel is our last hope, indicates Syrian dissident

Pay closer attention to your tenses. You've now acknowledged that Syrians don't currently have a legitimate government at all, whereas before you implied one currently existed.

It is a transitional government. The first presidential election under the new constitution adopted in February 2012 which allows multiple candidates and limits president to 2 terms in office begins in a few days.

Syrian constitutional referendum, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The Israeli's have a real fixation with Assad. Their fear is palpable.

So on another topic. Who do the Palestinians say is their last hope? I doubt they agree with those traitor Syrians. Quote the contrary I'm sure.

The biggest loser in all of this is the despots in the Arab peninsula and their Israeli nazi counterparts. I can see why you're upset.

It's like saying the devil is my last hope to save me from hell. :chilli:

The Israeli's have a real fixation with Assad. Their fear is palpable.

So on another topic. Who do the Palestinians say is their last hope? I doubt they agree with those traitor Syrians. Quote the contrary I'm sure.

The biggest loser in all of this is the despots in the Arab peninsula and their Israeli nazi counterparts. I can see why you're upset.

In long term, chances of survival of Assad's regime are bleak.

Even if Assad wins, it would be difficult for him to hold Syria with close to 60% hostile population,

It would be prudent for Assad to hold Latakia-Tartus to Damascus region streaching all the way to Israeli border and consolidate his position.

In long term, chances of survival of Assad's regime are bleak.

Even if Assad wins, it would be difficult for him to hold Syria with close to 60% hostile population,

It would be prudent for Assad to hold Latakia-Tartus to Damascus region streaching all the way to Israeli border and consolidate his position.

If you are going to reply to me please don't just pull randoms figures and stats out of your ***. The vast majority of Syrians support Assad. The only way he stays in power is if the Syrian people vote for him. And they will. People have been saying for three years that Assad will fall any day now. If I were you I'd be short on that position. Because it doesn't seem to be panning out. On the contrary. He's been crushing hundreds of thousands of terrorists for the past 3 years. Let me give you a heads up. Assad isn't going anywhere until a better Syrian leader wins an election.

But I'll remind you of this post a year from now when Assad is still enjoying the vast support of his people.

If you are going to reply to me please don't just pull randoms figures and stats out of your ***. The vast majority of Syrians support Assad. The only way he stays in power is if the Syrian people vote for him. And they will. People have been saying for three years that Assad will fall any day now. If I were you I'd be short on that position. Because it doesn't seem to be panning out. On the contrary. He's been crushing hundreds of thousands of terrorists for the past 3 years. Let me give you a heads up. Assad isn't going anywhere until a better Syrian leader wins an election.

But I'll remind you of this post a year from now when Assad is still enjoying the vast support of his people.

I doubt Assad would win the election. The whole country is in shambles. Hundreds of thousands killed. Millions wounded. Millions lost everything. Hassan al-Nouri is my bet for winning the election. He's a former MP and a former minister, a businessman, from Damascus, got a PhD from the US, 54 years old, married with 5 kids.

Last edited:
This clears all the ifs and buts. This so called Syrian opposition is nothing but an enemy of Muslim World and a greater threat to all of us. We must all be united once in for all to support the legitimate Government of Syria.
Uh no, if one article convinced you to change your mind, then (no offence) you need to rethink your life.

Considering this is Times of Israel, I think it's safe to say that it is overly exaggerating things. Now if it was JPost or Hareetz, I may take it a bit more seriously.

Besides, you're generalizing the entirity of the Syrian opposition. While the government troops are united, it's hard to pinpoint the loyalties of the rebel groups. Make no mistake though, both Syria and many of the rebel groups are equally (as a rational mind would define) evil. The Syrian government is no more legitimate than Hamid Karzai declaring half of Pakistan belongs to Afghanistan. At the very least Egypts Sisi is TRYING to make himself look like a democratic man through a people's vote (which will no doubt be rigged), Assad though? He's a dictator through and through, as was his father, the only difference being that the son out did the father in terms of mass murder and violence against this own people.

Actually, everyone thought Assad would probably survive because of Russian and Iranian help. Also, what makes you think the majority of Syrians support Assad? It seems your position is just as ridiculously out of the *** as @anonymus 's figure is.

As far as I'm concerned, the only ones who support Assad are the minority Alawites, and certain Christian groups, most of the Sunni and many of the Christian are against Assad.

I doubt Assad would win the election. The whole country is in shambles. Hundreds of thousands killed. Millions wounded. Millions lost everything. Hassan al-Nouri is my bet for winning the election. He's a former MP and a former minister, a businessman, from Damascus, got a PhD from the US, 55 years old, married with 5 kids.

Assad is the leader that pulled Syria from the brink. He's a wartime winning president. There is no way he will lose. The Other guy you mentioned. He has the broad support of whom? Nobody that's who. And how did he defend Syria and Syrians during these last three years when the barbarians were at the gates?

Syria needs a smart strong strategic leader. Not some puppet on a string.

And Assad has a Doctorate from the UK and hers married with kids also. Not sure how relevant any of that is. The only thing people care about right now in Syria is getting rid of the mongrel hoardes of terrorists. And Assad is the only one strong enough to do it.

Elections are right around the corner. Let's wait and see.

Correction. Hassan al-Nouri is 54 years old, not 55. Furthermore, he is from a Sunni family in Damascus.

Last edited:
Uh no, if one article convinced you to change your mind, then (no offence) you need to rethink your life.

Considering this is Times of Israel, I think it's safe to say that it is overly exaggerating things. Now if it was JPost or Hareetz, I may take it a bit more seriously.

Besides, you're generalizing the entirity of the Syrian opposition. While the government troops are united, it's hard to pinpoint the loyalties of the rebel groups. Make no mistake though, both Syria and many of the rebel groups are equally (as a rational mind would define) evil. The Syrian government is no more legitimate than Hamid Karzai declaring half of Pakistan belongs to Afghanistan. At the very least Egypts Sisi is TRYING to make himself look like a democratic man through a people's vote (which will no doubt be rigged), Assad though? He's a dictator through and through, as was his father, the only difference being that the son out did the father in terms of mass murder and violence against this own people.

Actually, everyone thought Assad would probably survive because of Russian and Iranian help. Also, what makes you think the majority of Syrians support Assad? It seems your position is just as ridiculously out of the *** as @anonymus 's figure is.

As far as I'm concerned, the only ones who support Assad are the minority Alawites, and certain Christian groups, most of the Sunni and many of the Christian are against Assad.

You obviously haven't been watching the news or reading this forum. Everybody had said Assad would lose. NATO was already dividing up the country. And as far as Assad's support. I don't listen to your gut feelings. I read statistical analysis and polling surveys. And they all say factually, not some gas from a chili dog you had last night, that Assad enjoys the vast support of his people.

Remember. Assad's army. The one that is winning the war. Is about 70% Sunni. And they are supporting him to the bitter end.

It's really hard to discuss things with people who are filled to the gills with NATO propaganda and misconceptions.

But at least you're trying.

You obviously haven't been watching the news or reading this forum. Everybody had said Assad would lose. NATO was already dividing up the country. And as far as Assad's support. I don't listen to your gut feelings. I read statistical analysis and polling surveys. And they all say factually, not some gas from a chili dog you had last night, that Assad enjoys the vast support of his people.

Remember. Assad's army. The one that is winning the war. Is about 70% Sunni. And they are supporting him to the bitter end.

It's really hard to discuss things with people who are filled to the gills with NATO propaganda and misconceptions.

But at least you're trying.
Actually the military is mainly made up of minority alawites, including almost all the top military officers. Most of the Sunnis that were apart of the military split during the revolution.

Now, if you haven't noticed, I've been on these forums for quite a while, and I'm a TT, so you can't actually say I'm the one who doesn't look at these forums, or read the news; it's my job to do so. Considering you're account is just a day old, I think you have little to no right to make such ridiculous judgements.

Finally, What are these statistical analyses and polling surveys that you've mentioned? Unless you can point them out, I highly doubt you know what you're talking about.

Actually the military is mainly made up of minority alawites, including almost all the top military officers. Most of the Sunnis that were apart of the military split during the revolution.

Now, if you haven't noticed, I've been on these forums for quite a while, and I'm a TT, so you can't actually say I'm the one who doesn't look at these forums, or read the news; it's my job to do so. Considering you're account is just a day old, I think you have little to no right to make such ridiculous judgements.

Finally, What are these statistical analyses and polling surveys that you've mentioned? Unless you can point them out, I highly doubt you know what you're talking about.

You can't just make rediculous baseless statements with no basis of fact and then ask someone else to provide links while you offer nothing but your personal opinion of a Pakistani forum moderator?

Now if you know I'm new you know I can't post links
Just google Assad support among Syrians and The Guardian newspaper. According to natos very own propaganda machine Assad had over 55% support among ALL Syrians. And that was before Assad really started kicking ***.

As far as your assumptions about the make up of the SAA. You're completely wrong. The majority of SAAb soldiers are Sunni. There are units like the ndf and the republican guards that are made up almost exclusively of minorities. But the overall majority of SAA is Sunni.

Now please give what you ask. Post links from respected western news sources that back up any of your claims.

Oh wait. I just saw your flag. A Pakistani. Never mind.

You can't just make rediculous baseless statements with no basis of fact and then ask someone else to provide links while you offer nothing but your personal opinion of a Pakistani forum moderator?

Now if you know I'm new you know I can't post links
Just google Assad support among Syrians and The Guardian newspaper. According to natos very own propaganda machine Assad had over 55% support among ALL Syrians. And that was before Assad really started kicking ***.

As far as your assumptions about the make up of the SAA. You're completely wrong. The majority of SAAb soldiers are Sunni. There are units like the ndf and the republican guards that are made up almost exclusively of minorities. But the overall majority of SAA is Sunni.

Now please give what you ask. Post links from respected western news sources that back up any of your claims.

Oh wait. I just saw your flag. A Pakistani. Never mind.
First of all, you're on a Pakistani forum, and you're insulting a Pakistani? Good job.

Second, I've never claimed what I said was 100% truth, and I will never claim that. Everything I say is from personal observations.

Third, you don't need to post links, just your sources. Point to the source, or tell me what to google,and I can pretty much take it from there.

Third, you were the ones to start making ridiculous claims, so the burden of evidence is on you, not me. Having said that, here, some basic facts about the Syrian army...

5 things you should know about Syria's military | Navy Times | navytimes.com

3. Good esprit de corps. The Syrian army is much tougher than the Iraqi military under Saddam Hussein, Swift said. While some Sunnis and Christians have defected, the Syrian military remains an Alawite force that is committed to maintaining the state’s control over other ethnic groups.

If you look at the Alawite officer corps, those are the people who are at the pinnacle of society in terms of status and in terms of their economic well being, they’re also a minority, so they’re not just fighting for their country and fighting for their unit, they’re fighting for their clan and tribe,” Swift said.

Admittedly, since this is a year old, we don't know the current ethnic makeup of the various groups completely, but it should give a good indication of the ethnic divide.

Or how about before the war began? When it all was protests?

Assad holds Syria army despite Sunni-Alawite divide| Reuters

Although some officers from the Sunni Muslim majority have been promoted to senior ranks, Sunni influence has been weakened and Assad's brother Maher controls key military units packed with Alawite soldiers.

I can give you more sources if you want.

I didn't insult you. I just understand that this is a propaganda site for Pakistanis and their NATO and gcc masters. So there is really no point in trying to reason with people like that. Your disinformation runs deep. Good luck thinking Assad will lose. Or that his people Sunni or otherwise hate him. Go to Syria and see for yourself. They love Assad in Syria. Remind me bout all your assumptions in a year when Assad is still in power after he won the elections.

I didn't insult you. I just understand that this is a propaganda site for Pakistanis and their NATO and gcc masters. So there is really no point in trying to reason with people like that. Your disinformation runs deep. Good luck thinking Assad will lose. Or that his people Sunni or otherwise hate him. Go to Syria and see for yourself. They love Assad in Syria. Remind me bout all your assumptions in a year when Assad is still in power after he won the elections.
You want to know what I find hilarious about your comment? The fact that you seem to not only get my statements wrong, but you also seem to be scared since I provided you with my own sources, when you yourself could not.

On top of all that, you didn't even reply to me, as if to say that you were hoping I didn't see this comment. Well done my friend, you get top grades for failing to make a proper argument.

I also find it quite ironic that you say you didn't insult me, when you clearly did, and once again are doing in this very comment; In fact, you just called me a slave, and said i do nothing put post propaganda. hey Jack, this is the same forum that you said that I don't spend enough time on, so I have no idea what's going on in the world, remember? And now you're accusing it of being a propaganda machine.

Alas, I don't care for you anymore. Your previously amusing words bore me now, so I shall do you a favor and leave.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom