What's new

Israel in the first UAE visit since murder of Hamas Al Mabouh

@Arabian Legend

Saudi Arabians are not Khaleeji (so-called Gulf Arabs) so maybe he is referring to Kuwaitis, Qataris, Bahrainis and Emiratis?
Still makes no sense whatsoever and equals to saying that Palestinians are not Muslims due to similar policies among Fatah. Basically all of the West Bank and thus majority of Palestine.

@Hazzy997 that's a very strange comment. Then how do you define yourself and the other millions of Americans Muslims who are American citizens and whose tax is funding killings of Muslims in Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan etc. while we speak and not long ago in Iraq?:o:o_O

I think we need to distinguish between certain rulers and the common people.

But you are right that the Arab and most importantly MUSLIM stance against Israel should be much, much harsher.
But so should our stance be against the Russians in Caucasus, the Child-Murderer (Al-Asshead) in Syria, Kashmir, the Muslims massacres in Burma etc. List is very long.

Palestinian and Israeli leadership met frequently with each other but it does not mean much most of the time. We live in a world were diplomacy is king most of the time.

Anyway nearly every ME country has so many problems that they need to fix themselves before they can be in a position to help others. This also explains the poor state.

@Hazzy997

Israel's main advantate is that they have got nuclear weapons. Otherwise their superior conventional military can easily be balanced strategically by building up a robust assymetric capability. Like Hezbollah.
Thats why its a waste for GCC, Jordan etc to waste so much money on Western arms. And they should not play on Israels home court (conventional warfare)

Israel can also be deterred in their nuclear weapons. And you dont actually have to have the assembled bombs, but the technological know-how or enrichment capabilities would be enough. Like Iran has now.
Did you know that parlamentiary speaker Larijani offered nuclear cooperation to the Arab states. He met some years ago with former president Mubarak of Egypt.
Iran wanted closer relations with the Arab states, and try to convince them that Iranian and Arab interests can be promoted by regional cooperation and not always do what America says. But they cant seem to get away from the Faustian pact they have with the US, nor does it seem they even want to. Which is bad, because it leads to an unstable volatile region.

@ResurgentIran

Nukes aside from living on welfare and enjoying UNCONDITIONAL protection of the main world powers in the West. Aside from having one of the most influential lobbies in the world. Quite frankly, compared to size and population no other country in the ME let alone the world can rival this. Just look at your own country. Israeli agents are killing your scientists as they please with no answer whatsoever. They did this against Iraq under Saddam which was the main military power in the region outside of Israel themselves not many decades ago.

You are telling the same fairytales again with the Arab world versus Iran but all this is unrealistic when your Mullah's are meddling in several Arab countries and spreading terrorism there and division. But that discussion has been taken by me and probably over 10 Arab users on this forum so it is pointless to continue it further.

@ResurgentIran

Nukes aside from living on welfare and enjoying UNCONDITIONAL protection of the main world powers in the West. Aside from having one of the most influential lobbies in the world. Quite frankly, compared to size and population no other country in the ME let alone the world can rival this.

You are telling the same fairytales again with the Arab world versus Iran but all this is unrealistic when your Mullah's are meddling in several Arab countries and spreading terrorism there and division. But that discussion has been taken be me and probably over 10 Arab users on this forum so it is pointless to continue it further.

Iran has over 10.000 nuclear scientists, and I dont think Israel has killed over 10. And no response? Hezbollah (Iranian training and weaponry) that humiliated them in 2000 and 2006, was our way of poking them in the eye. Its a cold war. We fight each other through proxies.

Iran wants close relationship with GCC. Its in our national security interest to have stability and that can only come through good relations with neighbours. And I also think its in Saudi Arabia's interests.
The region is not stable now, its very messy and volatile.
The problem is that some peoplle think that Arab and Iranian interests are always antithetical and can never be the same. This is not true. Both Arab and Iranian interests can be promoted through cooperation, bilateral investments and cooperation in conflict resolutions.
An indiginos security order (and not let America dictate) is the best way.

@Arabian Legend

Saudi Arabians are not Khaleeji (so-called Gulf Arabs) so maybe he is referring to Kuwaitis, Qataris, Bahrainis and Emiratis?
Still makes no sense whatsoever and equals to saying that Palestinians are not Muslims due to similar policies among Fatah. Basically all of the West Bank and thus majority of Palestine.

@Hazzy997 that's a very strange comment. Then how do you define yourself and the other millions of Americans Muslims who are American citizens and whose tax is funding killings of Muslims in Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan etc. while we speak and not long ago in Iraq?:o:o_O

I think we need to distinguish between certain rulers and the common people.

But you are right that the Arab and most importantly MUSLIM stance against Israel should be much, much harsher.
But so should our stance be against the Russians in Caucasus, the Child-Murderer (Al-Asshead) in Syria, Kashmir, the Muslims massacres in Burma etc. List is very long.

Palestinian and Israeli leadership met frequently with each other but it does not mean much most of the time. We live in a world were diplomacy is king most of the time.

Anyway nearly every ME country has so many problems that they need to fix themselves before they can be in a position to help others. This also explains the poor state.

Bro, you understand what I mean. However, you're very rare in the Arabic world. Few are like you, yes they generally stand with the average Palestinian but that is not enough. We need to advocate our causes, all of them, in all places you mentioned. We seemed to somewhat help in some cases but never do so in others or put any worthwhile effect because it doesn't concern our general populations.

Btw, this isn't diplomacy...if it was to discuss peace process I would try understanding it. But, it looks to be something else. I also don't see diplomacy necessary if we don't pressure Israel to give up it's policy of expanding its Jewish state into our territory.

@ResurgentIran
The GCC is very stable. Has been that for nearly 100 years while all other countries next by from Turkey to Yemen have been in several armed conflicts. No major wars aside from the invasion of Kuwait that lasted a few months in 1991.

Then both parties must come to some kind of lasting agreement and then Iran should stop meddling and vice versa. As we already know then the Arabs/Semites of the ME/Arab world and on the other hand the people of Iran (of different ethnic groups and backgrounds) for the past 3000 years have made the closest ties with each other outside of their own.

The ME has a tremendous potential and we can once again become the leading region like we were for thousands of years but then a lot need to change like it did in nearby Europe after WW1 and WW2 and lastly after the Cold War.

Bro, you understand what I mean. However, you're very rare in the Arabic world. Few are like you, yes they generally stand with the average Palestinian but that is not enough. We need to advocate our causes, all of them, in all places you mentioned. We seemed to somewhat help in some cases but never do so in others or put any worthwhile effect because it doesn't concern our general populations.

Btw, this isn't diplomacy...if it was to discuss peace process I would try understanding it. But, it looks to be something else. I also don't see diplomacy necessary if we don't pressure Israel to give up it's policy of expanding its Jewish state into our territory.

I think the only thing that Israel should do is leave Palestine.

@Arabian Legend

Most Khaleejis if not all hail from southern Arabia and Nejd. My point is that this mentality of declaring people non muslims for one reason or another is the reason why we are in such mess today. If Hazzy think that we are going to arm Hamas against Fateh or the other way around then he is mistaken, not until both parties get their act together. He should look closely to who is feeding the Palestinians people, building schools and hospitals, giving blank checks every other month, being the biggest funders of UNESCO, UNRWA and many other organization. He should show some appreciation instead of declaring this as Muslim and that is not.

Although I dont agree with what the UAE is doing by allowing an Israeli on its soil for whatever reason be it an energy summit or even a soccer match.

@Hazzy997

I don't know how much interaction you have had with the Arabs from the Middle East but we are completely different than your usual Arab American and how the average 3.5 million Arab Americans are.

Time and time again the Arab street has shown that it is with the Palestinian people and Palestine. The leaders though are the ones not doing enough. That goes for all MUSLIM leaders but as always we Arabs seem to get the biggest responsibilities like always and thus criticism.

That was evident when the whole Arab world took the side of Hizbollah 7 years ago. Also the same Syrian Sunni Arabs that the same Hizbollah has been killing for 1 year now in nearby Syria.

Anyway the best thing that could ever happen to the ME politically is for the tiring Palestinian-Israeli conflict to end and for a two-state solution (real one) and a deal on Al-Quds. Then the region can finally move forward and all the interlinked conflicts that are bound in this, the most famous of all conflicts in the modern era, will end.

Arabs and Jews lived peacefully for centuries just less than 100 years ago so there is no reason for why we cannot do this again.

@Arabian Legend

Yes, but also came from nearby Iraq, Levant etc. But that happened centuries ago. They are somewhat different today although we share the same blood like most Arabs. Another examples are the Arabs of Morocco and Mauritania near the Atlantic Ocean thousands of km ago. Related tribes and people but due to centuries apart and mixing etc. we differ somewhat.

My view on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is what I wrote above in this post and I still want to see a much harsher stance on Israel from the Muslim world than we see today.

Well, maybe you are allready been declared as infidel because you sided with Israel. :lol:

Differentiating between Muslims and Muslims by name is not a difficult task. However, this is something for a whole other discussion. I'm glad you made the right decision, yes, it's better for a Turk to stay neutral in this conflict. Makes a lot of sense that you would side with country which supports Greece against Turkey and wants to prevent you from acquiring your resources.

Back
Top Bottom