What's new

Israel Hijacks Aid cargo, executes hostages - Pak journo, Talat Hussain taken hostage

Talat says will show real face of Israel

AMMAN (updated on: June 02, 2010, 10:04 PST): Executive Director News and current affairs of Aaj News Talat Hussain has said that he will show the real face of Israel by releasing the footage of Israeli commandos assault, Aaj News reported.

Talking to Aaj News after his arrival in Jordan, Talat said that they were remained in Israeli custody for three days.

While expressing gratitude to the nation, Talat Hussain said that the prayers of the nation make him possible to sustain in tough days.

Answering the question about the assault, he said at least 60 Israeli commandos attacked the flotilla vessel, adding that he witnessed the deaths of four mates.

About his return to Pakistan, Talat said that he will arrived back home on Thursday’s evening.

brecorder.com

I really doubt that they have the footage, as mentioned by many that the jews just broke the cameras. And they took every thing away from the people on the ships. I was listening to that interview and I think that Talat was mentioning that the world had already seen the footage, and not that he had it. But yet again I could be wrong as I had just woken up in the morning and might have miss heard the interview.

looking forward to Talat Hussain's remarks.

His interview will definitely be interesting, as we will get to find out more about the incidents of the day. Also Talat mentioned that a reporter was in his lap with a bullet wounds on his back and arm, that he was looking afte and also he had seen 4 people dieing. So he was in the middle of the mess, so his accounts will be more accurate.

2010610722367734_8.jpg

Evidence belies Israeli claim

They were called "terrorists and al-Qaeda sympathisers"... they were "armed and had planned a premeditated attack"... and finally hours after waiting in the sun to see the evidence, Israel said it would take the media inside the Ashdod port and let us see the cargo carried aboard the Freedom Flotilla...

These are some of the images (captured with my cell phone) of what I saw... children toys, medicines, text books, wheel chairs and much more... not exactly a list of contraband posing a risk to Israel's security as it has claimed, is it?

But the biggest irony in this tragedy is not just that the "weapons" Israel claims were on board have not yet materialised or been shown to the media, its that the aid, which Israel says Gaza does not need, and the aid which was on board the flotilla heading to Gaza and prevented by Israel from reaching its shores is now being delivered to Gaza by Israel as quickly as possible.

01062010173.jpg

01062010174.jpg

01062010178.jpg

Pakistani flotilla witness says Israelis shot victims in cold blood

Islamabad - A Pakistani journalist who was captured during a naval attack on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla alleged Wednesday that Israeli soldiers were shooting people in cold blood.

Talat Hussain, one of the 124 people arriving in Jordan following their release by Israeli authorities, claimed that the commandos "shot people in the forehead."

"I witnessed myself the first Israeli assault on the ship. There was no weapon on the ship," Hussain told Aaj news channel by phone from Jordan. "Scuffles broke out when Israelis tried to arrest people. After that people threw at the Israelis whatever they got hold of.

"Four people were shot in the forehead in front me. I witnessed four people dying," Hussain, executive director and anchorman of Aaj Television, said.

He added that he would provide video of the whole episode and further details later on in his television programme.

Hussain's cameraman and a Pakistani aid worker were also among those deported through Jordan.

The Israeli naval attack on the flotilla triggered public anger in Pakistan, with activists holding several protest rallies across the country on daily basis.

Pakistan, which has no diplomatic ties with Israel, condemned the attack as "a flagrant violation of international law and norms."Israel naval commandos stormed the flotilla early Monday morning, after the six ships refused orders to change course and sail to the Israeli port of Ashdod, instead of the Gaza Strip.

The assault, which saw commandos on one ship battle activists wielding iron bars and clubs, left nine people dead and unleashed a wave of condemnation against the Jewish state.

Pakistani flotilla witness says Israelis shot victims in cold blood | Earth Times News

Talat Hussain and co. are safe in jordan now.... surely more video footage is coming up which will give the real picture according to Talat Hussain.

Last edited by a moderator:
but israeli soldiers took or broke all the cameras?

dont know how...Cameras are broken,spend three days on Israeli detention,there were reports all communications were broken at the time of attack (so no chance of uploading or sending) .we have to wait till he reaches Pakistan

Israel Compares Flotilla Raid With WWII

Israel's ambassador to the US has compared the deadly raid on the Gaza aid flotilla with America's battles against the Germans in World War Two.

In an interview with Sky's American sister station Fox News, Michael Oren described the operation, in which at least nine people died, as "perfectly legal, perfectly humane - and very responsible".

"Israel has to make some hard choices sometimes," he stressed, "We live in a rough neighbourhood."

When questioned about the global condemnation of the violence and accusations of "state-sponsored piracy on the open seas", he denied there had been any breach of international law in raiding the ships.

"Israel acted in accord with international law," he said.

"Any state has the right to protect itself, certainly from a terrorist threat such as Hamas, including on the open seas.

Alex Watts, Sky News Online
Israel's ambassador to the US has compared the deadly raid on the Gaza aid flotilla with America's battles against the Germans in World War Two.

In an interview with Sky's American sister station Fox News, Michael Oren described the operation, in which at least nine people died, as "perfectly legal, perfectly humane - and very responsible".

"Israel has to make some hard choices sometimes," he stressed, "We live in a rough neighbourhood."

When questioned about the global condemnation of the violence and accusations of "state-sponsored piracy on the open seas", he denied there had been any breach of international law in raiding the ships.

"Israel acted in accord with international law," he said.

"Any state has the right to protect itself, certainly from a terrorist threat such as Hamas, including on the open seas.

Relatives of those believed to have been taking part can contact the Consular Team in London.

A Foreign Office official talking to Sky News

"The US acted under similar international law when it fought the Germans and the Japanese in World War Two."

He reiterated that Israel would immediately deport activists seized from the six-ship flotilla.

Nearly 700 foreign nationals being held in Israeli jails are expected to be deported today and tomorrow.

Some 124 detainees from 12 Muslim nations were taken across the border into Jordan in the early hours of this morning.

It is thought they are from countries that do not have diplomatic ties with Israel.

A total of 42 Britons - including 11 people with dual nationality - are known to have been detained by security forces.

Demonstrators try to set fire to an Israeli flag during a protest near the Israeli Consulate in Istanbul

Demonstrators in Istanbul set fire to Israeli flags after the bloodshed

Foreign Secretary William Hague said they will be brought home as soon as possible. Some are already back in the UK.

Meanwhile, President Obama has offered his condolences to Turkey after four Turkish activists were confirmed to have died in the violence.

And Egypt has opened its border crossing with Gaza to allow aid to get through after signing a temporary agreement with Israel.

The Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-Moon is holding meetings in New York to discuss the situation.

The UN Security Council has condemned the raid and called for a "prompt, impartial, credible, transparent" investigation.

Gaza: Israel Ambassador Michael Oren Compares Flotilla Raid With World War Two | World News | Sky News

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Maybe Talat has some backup system of which even the Israelis have no idea. I am very interested if something surprising comes up within the next 48 hours against the Israelis

Ah look who comes in advocating state terrorism of israel?blinded by the flash of few israeli weapons deals with india...... they say a man is known by the company he keeps..........India and israel?both use terrorism.be it indian occupied kashmir or israhelli occupied gaza?:tdown:

What a crap!! Kashmir is an integral part of India while gaza isnt integral part of Israel.

Dont act smart by comparing the two. Pakistan wont and wont and wont get kashmir till eternity. Mark my words. You can keep on playing delluded like you have been since past 60 years.

We will keep on growing at 9 %

Indian-origin Aid Worker on Ship Attacked By Israel

London, June 2 – An Indian-origin British aid worker is on the ship that was part of the Gaza-bound flotilla attacked by Israel. His family, anxiously waiting for news about his whereabouts, say it was as though their worst nightmares were coming true.

Hours before the troops moved in Monday, Ismail Adam Patel, an optician based in the Oadby area of Leicester, posted a video on YouTube describing how they were surrounded by Israeli navy forces.

He can be seen standing on deck with a lifejacket and saying: ‘At the moment, we can see three frigates and a helicopter is hovering overhead, despite the fact we are in international waters, some 100 miles from the shores of Israel. We call upon everybody in Britain to help us to raise the alarm and get our government to intervene.’

Patel is one of 28 British citizens who boarded the flotilla in Cyprus Sunday. It was carrying humanitarian supplies to the Gaza strip.

He is also the chairman of pro-Palestinian organisation Friends of Al Aqsa, based in Leicester.

Patel’s brother Shockat told the Leicester Mercury newspaper: ‘When we heard what had happened it was as though our worst nightmares were coming true.

‘Before he left we hoped everything would go smoothly but there was always a risk it could go wrong.’

Suleman Nagdi, spokesman for Leicestershire Federation of Muslim Organisations, said: ‘We are trying to do everything practically possible to help the family. My fear is those who are injured will be taken into custody. No contact has been made with Ismail since midnight last night, and watching the scenes on TV of the barbaric actions of the Israeli army only intensifies the concern for his welfare felt by his family.’

Edward Garnier, MP from Harborough adjoining Leicester, added: ‘I have spoken to two foreign office ministers and have passed on his details. I know they are actively checking to see if he is hurt or not. I spoke to him before his trip and he sent me messages up until he got on the flotilla.’

In London, pro-Palestinian campaigners staged a blockade near Whitehall shouting ‘Stop Israel’s War Crimes in Gaza’ and spoke of their fears about the fate of British citizens and others aboard the flotilla.

Hundreds of activists blocked Whitehall shouting ‘Free Palestine’ and carried flags and banners with slogans such as ‘Stop Israel’s War Crimes in Gaza’ and ‘End the Criminal Siege of Gaza’.

The convoy of six ships had about 600 volunteers on board and the activists were trying to defy a blockade imposed by Israel after Hamas took power in Gaza in 2007.

Indian-origin Aid Worker on Ship Attacked By Israel | Vamban News

Back
Top Bottom