What's new

Israel approves F-35 fighters deal

Actually Nightcrawler me and Gambit are in agreement. People are telling me to just ignore you since you seem to be more interested in trolling. I have given you more then enough examples why there is reason to have confidence in the F-35's ability to take out SAM's. And thereby agree with the thread article. If you disagree that's fine, but I'm done trying to show you. Anyone with common sense and some knowledge on the subject knows what I am saying is true.

@Thomas
Ummm. a lump-some post(never I had expected that )
Actually Nightcrawler me and Gambit are in agreement
How??
People are telling me to just ignore you since you seem to be more interested in trolling.
Bump......Who??
I have given you more then enough examples why there is reason to have confidence in the F-35's ability to take out SAM's. And thereby agree with the thread article. If you disagree that's fine, but I'm done trying to show you. Anyone with common sense and some knowledge on the subject knows what I am saying is true.

I have read those examples year before you exhibit them here. I disagree yes but nowhere I started trolling or coercion!!( you are the 1st person to call me trolling in 2 years since I joined PDF:confused:)
You agree ok/not ok I just pointed out my opinion if this ain't ok with you go call on administration:police:.

Can you elaborate plz.
I am stranger in this technical aspect.:undecided:
Do tell me if my understanding is wrong:
I have seen an animation of Swedish ARTHUR system in which first the opposition throw a kind-off cannon ball & then you reiterate the source position (~~parabola flight) & take them down. All calculations done in ARTHUR computer system.....

ARTHUR - Artillery Hunting Radar.flv

Are you referring to this sort of signal processing. Do correct me I am wrong
Yes...I think you misunderstood me. Take the music analogy. If you hear a piece of music, am certain you are sophisticated enough to recognize the trumpet, the snare drum, the cymbals, the bass guitar, and so on. You should be able to replicate that piece to a high degree of fidelity.

Signals intelligence (SIGINT) is no different except that the radar signal is nowhere as structurally complex as Beethoven's Fifth or Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven. We have been conducting SIGINT flights throughout the Cold War.

For example...

SR-71 Sensors Page #3
The SR-71's Mach 3 speed during its normal operational mission profiles created a very beneficial side effect which was to stimulate the enemy's radars and missile systems. Their responses to the Blackbird's flight path resulted in jamming, missile system tracking, and other electronic activity. The electronic signals generated during these responses were collected by the SR-71's own Electro-Magnetic Reconnaissance (EMR) System as well as other collection assets propositioned in the area at the time. The enemy's capabilities and frequencies used for each radar or missile site were then recorded and documented revealing the enemy's battle plan.
What we do is provoke the Soviets into transmitting their air defense radars. The longer we record their transmissions, the better we understand Soviet tactics and technology.

SIGINT is not confined to airborne methods...

1N5X1 - ELECTRONIC SIGNALS INTELLIGENCE EXPLOITATION
Conducts signals intelligence (SIGINT) activities and operations. Performs operator and analyst duties to exploit electronic intelligence (ELINT), foreign instrumentation signals intelligence (FISINT), and PROFORMA activities. Employs signals exploitation activities to support electronic warfare (EW) operations.
Recordings of an air base's maintenance radio traffic can reveal much about the base air combat capability regarding personnel, as in how many are available to keep those aircrafts combat ready. Any EE will tell you that if there are ten diesel generators in the area there will be ten distinct EM signals. Disparate electronic facts gathered over time about the enemy can be composited into a reasonably accurate assessment of his ability to wage a war. Sometimes an aircraft will provoke a radar transmission but we will disregard the radar. Instead there is a US sub lurking offshore with an antenna out of the water recording road traffic signals as to how a potential adversary may response to airborne threats. SIGINT is a terribly underestimated capability of US by potential foes -- and we like it that way. :D

Signals intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Getting back to what we are talking about...If we can get a reasonably good sampling of the S-300's radar -- and we have -- then we can break down the signal into discrete elements like frequency, amplitude, pulse repetition freq (PRF), pulse train duration, and many more. The amount of details are dependent upon the technology available to us. We can replicate that signal and apply it against our aircrafts and formulate tactics to counter the threat radar. We can use the signals as a virtual input to a virtual aircraft and see how an echo may form off the body.

f22_anecho_test_79.jpg

The above is a real F-22 in a the Benefield Anechoic Facility in Edwards AFB.

Edwards Air Force Base - Media Search

Have no doubt we can replicate the S-300's radar signals to %99.999 fidelity and apply it against any aircraft we want.

@gambit

Extremely good tutorial to person who know only about chemicals & explosives.
Thnx; by the way you a electrical engg or you a Dan Brown ally:)

IAI to build wings for Lockheed's F-35

Israel Aerospace Industries will receive a multi-year contract from Lockheed Martin to manufacture up to 900 wing pairs for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter under a new industrial co-operation agreement.
The expected pact will follow the signature of a letter of offer and acceptance (LOA) by Israel to purchase 20 F-35s for its air force.
Israeli defence minister Ehud Barak has rejected a demand by finance minister Yuval Steinitz to review the proposed $2.75 billion deal, and the LOA was due to be signed in late August.
The deal with IAI will form part of a wider industrial agreement now being finalised. This is expected to see Israeli companies secure work on the JSF programme worth around $4 billion.

getAsset.aspx

On 30 August, a senior IAI source said the company is "very satisfied" with the proposed arrangement. However, the exact number of wings to be manufactured by the company has yet to be determined with Lockheed.
Under US law, a country such as Israel that benefits from Washington's Foreign Military Financing (FMF) framework cannot make direct offset agreements with US companies that manufacture military hardware.
However, Israeli defence contractors have received huge contracts in return for the purchase of US-made systems by the Israeli defence ministry over recent years. "This is the reason that the parties involved prefer to use the term 'industrial co-operation' and not 'offset'," notes another Israeli source.
IAI and Elbit Systems will secure a large proportion of the work linked to the F-35 acquisition, with the former expecting the manufacture of wings and fuselage parts to eventually total around $1 billion.
Elbit forms part of the Vision Systems International company that will produce the F-35's helmet-mounted cueing system.

IAI to build wings for Lockheed's F-35

Have no doubt we can replicate the S-300's radar signals to %99.999 fidelity and apply it against any aircraft we want.

arrrm.. I'll pass on that one.. I don't think you can. Not unless you are the manufacturer of said system or you know something the rest of us don't, or perhaps living in cpt. Picard's era and can use the Enterprise's replicators to replicate the S-300 multi-mode radar circuitry.

I would also like to state my interest in being given the F-35 for free, and allavayou know i don't really like this plane, but hell, if it is for free I'll have a couple of dozen, I mean why not.. if they gave them to me for free i'll have'em.

:coffee:

Last edited:
F-35s look sexy, can't wait till my countries airforce get them

The RAAF is buying 100 of these beasts

@Thomas
Ummm. a lump-some post(never I had expected that )

How??

Bump......Who??

I have read those examples year before you exhibit them here. I disagree yes but nowhere I started trolling or coercion!!( you are the 1st person to call me trolling in 2 years since I joined PDF:confused:)
You agree ok/not ok I just pointed out my opinion if this ain't ok with you go call on administration:police:.

Nightcrawler ignore them. Its people like them have no actual experience or have no actual knowledge, but they don't want to admit that they have no actual knowledge so they throw a childish tantrum and repeat use of words like Liar, Moron or accuse others of trolling when the real facts are represented. THey are an example of the hysterical neurotic personalities which immerse themselves in denial as they fight to maintain their ignorance and ridged weakness.

Last edited:
More of a FYI:

Alberta and Quebec host new stealth jets​
OTTAWA - They don't arrive until 2016, but the Tory government was busy Thursday sketching out the parking spaces for the air force's new stealth fighters.

Defence Minister Peter MacKay and his parliamentary secretary, Laurie Hawn, held simultaneous announcements in Quebec and Alberta to confirm that the operational fleet will be split between two bases.

Canadian Forces Base Cold Lake, Alta., and CFB Bagotville, Que. already host the air force's existing fleet of CF-18 Hornet jetfighters and will be home for the new single-engine F-35 Lightnings, a $9-billion purchase that has created a storm of political controversy.

Each air strip will get 24 fighters. The remaining 17 aircraft will be set aside for training.

When a 20-year maintenance contract is factored in, the cost of the new planes could hit $16 billion, making it relatively one of the largest military purchases in the country's history.

Both bases will also see a few million dollars in upgrades.

The F-35s have started roll off the Lockheed Martin assembly line in the U.S., but Ottawa doesn't intend to take delivery of Canada's first plane for six years.

Despite that, Hawn said it was important to let ground crews and base administrators know what the government intended to do — but critics suggested politics was at play.

The basing of aircraft fleets, with their spin off economic benefits, became highly politicized in the past. The Defence Department hesitated for months before announcing it would base the new squadron of CH-47F Chinook helicopters at CFB Petawawa, Ont., instead of Quebec.

One question left hanging after Thursday's announcement was whether advanced fighter training would continue at the Cold Lake air base.

Hawn said that is something which has yet to be decided.

A House of Commons committee will hold hearings this fall into the purchase, which opposition parties say is too expensive and unnecessary, especially when the country is facing years of deficit fighting.

Commentators and defence analysts have also questioned why the country needs a stealth fighter, which is considered in military circles to a first-strike weapon.

But Hawn, a former air force officer, said stealth has important advantages in both air defence and ground attacks. The tougher it is to see an aircraft, the less someone will be able to shoot at it.

Alberta and Quebec host new stealth jets -  News - MSN CA

Israelis are paying $96M each but Canadians are paying $9 billion for 41 jets which roughly means $220M each!!

Israelis are paying $96M each but Canadians are paying $9 billion for 41 jets which roughly means $220M each!!

You have got it wrong. See Israel is not paying for these in the way you think. This a all being payed for by the foreign military aid. So the U.S. taxpayer is paying for it. As far as price difference that seems off. Turkey's 116 is going to cost 13 billion.

You have got it wrong. See Israel is not paying for these in the way you think. This a all being payed for by the foreign military aid. So the U.S. taxpayer is paying for it. As far as price difference that seems off. Turkey's 116 is going to cost 13 billion.

116 ? I thought it was 120.

116 ? I thought it was 120.

Amount is not apparent at present. I think Turkish officials are using 20 additional F-35 options ( or maybe more If USA accept giving management rights of TuAF F-35's as It is implied at latest SSIK meeting of our officials) as a trump to take more contribution shares in meetings. Current contribution of Turkish industry is reached more than 7.5 billion $ for more than 100 F-35.

Turkishpartnersf35.jpg

Only TEI and TAI took more than 4 billion $ pay from the cake...

Amount is not apparent at present. I think Turkish officials are using 20 additional F-35 options ( or maybe more If USA accept giving management rights of TuAF F-35's as It is implied at latest SSIK meeting of our officials) as a trump to take more contribution shares in meetings. Current contribution of Turkish industry is reached more than 7.5 billion $ for more than 100 F-35.

Turkishpartnersf35.jpg

Only TEI and TAI took more than 4 billion $ pay from the cake...

I see. So final number is not exactly known yet. Let's hope it won't spiral to a price that will mean a lot less than 120. This plane is way too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom