What's new

ISRAEL and BRITISH defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience, there can be no bridging when like minded people like you are a minority on this forum.
Some mods themselves hold Anti-Israel views.

You have to begin somewhere. A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Khudi.

What gave you the idea that the British are not patriotic? They are probably the most patriotic people in the world. Just because they don't shout 'Zindabad' or their version 'Rule Britannia' does not mean they are not patriotic.

They are mature about it. Push their country and you will see how they turn into one united force. Hitler found that out in WW2. The Argentinaian also got a taste of it in 1982.

Substance counts not show and rhetoric.

* Yes, I agree that there is no point in having UK section because British focus is on the Atlantic region.

well I have to say that the Israeli members makes sense in their post and I have not seen Israeli members trolling anywhere and has not caused headache for me. But I think it is still not a right time for Israeli section for the reasons I have given in earlier threads.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/suggestions-discussions/176359-israeli-defence-section.html

British Defence >>> I don't mind - but I guess it will not be very interesting section for most of the members

@Zakii : I understand your concerns but i disagree with your assessment of disadvantages of Israeli section. I dont understand how one could lose Pakistani identity by having an Israeli section. People already blame this forum as a pro-Zionist forum since a fair amount of our members are overseas Pakistanis or even foreigners. So lets not be concerned about what people think but rather focus on the fact and on what it actually is. Well we have Israeli members and no-one created threads about banning them so i highly doubt that people are going to create dozens of threads urging mods to close Israeli section. I respect your opinion but i highly urge you to reconsider the idea of having Israeli and British defence section.

@Zakii : I understand your concerns but i disagree with your assessment of disadvantages of Israeli section. I dont understand how one could lose Pakistani identity by having an Israeli section. People already blame this forum as a pro-Zionist forum since a fair amount of our members are overseas Pakistanis or even foreigners. So lets not be concerned about what people think but rather focus on the fact and on what it actually is. Well we have Israeli members and no-one created threads about banning them so i highly doubt that people are going to create dozens of threads urging mods to close Israeli section. I respect your opinion but i highly urge you to reconsider the idea of having Israeli and British defence section.

Sir the point is, I don't want to see Pakistani members in minority. We already have, may be 30% Pakistani members if you see the Pakistani demography in this forum. Having more sections will further damage the % of Pakistani population in this forum and I would never like to see that happening. We could possibly have Israeli section only and if our Pakistani population grows significantly and if our relationship improves with Israel in future.

Without the diplomatic relationships we could still have the section but not by compromising with the Pakistani community

We usually create sections based on the amount of members and discussions. So it is more organized. We care less about politics, as it is a dynamically changing pattern.

Some members from Israel are here, but not enough and discussions are not enough. But the growth is steady.

True, but it could have the opposite effect as well. It could attract alot of Pakistanis, who are seeking knowledge about Israel defence forces thus increasing our strength from 30% to 50%. I dont think including Israeli section would compromise our standing among Pakistani community. 30% is already a minority and this is an open forum. So your demographic justification is not valid since anyone can join this forum. Besides the more the merrier, the better.

True, but it could have the opposite effect as well. It could attract alot of Pakistanis, who are seeking knowledge about Israel defence forces thus increasing our strength from 30% to 50%. I dont think including Israeli section would compromise our standing among Pakistani community. 30% is already a minority and this is an open forum. So your demographic justification is not valid since anyone can join this forum. Besides the more the merrier, the better.

Sir that was just a hypothetical statement. WebMaster has already answered the question very well so we will have to wait for more time before any chance of introducing Israeli Section in future

Admin & Zaki

Having a Isreali forum here would not be official recognition of Isreal because this is not a official website of the GOP.
If I met a Isreali [ which I have ] it would be perverse if I tried to make him/her vanish by not recognizing his/her presence.
I and many Pakistani's believe if we had a Isreali forum and this would give us a platform to test out the waters.

That said I can very well understand why Webby has chosen to avoid being branded 'Zionist' etc that would inevitably follow. I have funny feeling at a private level you guy's would go along but we do have fanatics to contend with. Can I thank you both guy's for having allowed us to broach this subject. Many would have shut us up pronto.

May I suggest you open a ME forum. That would allow Arabs and Isreali's in without any distinction or discrimination. I see this idea was already suggested. This offers a neat way to resolve the recognition issue.

We usually create sections based on the amount of members and discussions. So it is more organized. We care less about politics, as it is a dynamically changing pattern.

Some members from Israel are here, but not enough and discussions are not enough. But the growth is steady.

That's a catch 22 though, there will be no growth if there is no dedicated section. Personally I don't see why there isn't a section, we may be few in number, but I can guarantee you the conversations will not be so small...

What actually drives this small population of Israeli members to join PDF. Our military? Our foreign policy?

The Irony is that we have an Indian defense section and the trolls in abundance from across the border, the country we have a bitter history with, fought 4 wars, one resulted in our disintegration, we accept all their crap on every thread of ours yet we cant have an Israeli section because we for some weird logic does not accept Israel which is going nowhere.

Sir the point is, I don't want to see Pakistani members in minority. We already have, may be 30% Pakistani members if you see the Pakistani demography in this forum. Having more sections will further damage the % of Pakistani population in this forum and I would never like to see that happening. We could possibly have Israeli section only and if our Pakistani population grows significantly and if our relationship improves with Israel in future.

Without the diplomatic relationships we could still have the section but not by compromising with the Pakistani community

You really believe in that sir, how about banning the useless lot from across the border joining this forum for the sole purpose of trolling. The whole concept of understanding each other and bridging the gap is going nowhere.

What actually drives this small population of Israeli members to join PDF. Our military? Our foreign policy?

The same thing that drives anyone to join this forum. Imagine how boring this forum would be if there were only pk members. (I don't mean that in a derogatory manner, I'm just saying that there would be no controversy. All members from 1 country = boredom in any topic) Why wouldn't want to broaden their horizons and have as many different people in the conversation as possible? If there were only PK members, I think things would have become very stale by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom