What's new

Israel ahead of US in race to supply ‘tank-killer’ missiles to India

I like your signature. What does that suppose to mean though?

Can't explain my english is not that good but something like i believe arabs have occupied not only indian land but indian people too (pakistan, bangladesh and some parts of current india) anyway i am not hopefull to get "akhand bharat" ones again but it's a good thought to reply when some online terrorist talk about Islamisation of india.

That's the point. U.S. attitude is both meaningless & counterproductive. India will still get the same/similar tech from elsewhere. Partnerships are built with displays of trust not by refusing to .

The US is looking for long term business opportunities in India. The Javelin sale is hostage to American desire and Indian inertia, if I'm right the US will lean hard on Israel to block the sale of Spike.

The US is looking for long term business opportunities in India. The Javelin sale is hostage to American desire and Indian inertia, if I'm right the US will lean hard on Israel to block the sale of Spike.

Always nice to read your posts but I seriously doubt that the U.S. will attempt blocking the sale of Spike to India (I'm not sure that India will necessarily buy Spike, for all I know, this is just another pressure tactic to get the U.S. to be flexible), that would pretty much get it the kind of attention the U.S. certainly does not want, especially with Indo-US relations on the upswing. It will almost certainly shut the U.S. out of everything else. I thought Seppuku was a Japanese tradition, not an American one.

Always nice to read your posts but I seriously doubt that the U.S. will attempt blocking the sale of Spike to India (I'm not sure that India will necessarily buy Spike, for all I know, this is just another pressure tactic to get the U.S. to be flexible), that would pretty much get it the kind of attention the U.S. certainly does not want, especially with Indo-US relations on the upswing. It will almost certainly shut the U.S. out of everything else. I thought Seppuku was a Japanese tradition, not an American one.

The US is trying to pry open India's defense sector to FDI and direct control by the foreign investor. Seppuku isn't in our nature but we love playing chicken. :cheesy:

I don't know much about anti-tank systems but I do know nothing comes close to Spike / Javelin.

Israel and India are becoming really close partners. How does India explains this to its massive Muslim population? Muslims are against Israel , isn't it?

Technically from the POV of Indic Civilization,

Jews can be considered as Civilizational Friends.

Jews, Christians and Muslims landed on the West Coast of India Thousands of Years back.

All were given a place of land next to Temple and Jews built the Synagogue and Worshiped their God.

While Christians and Muslims - You see the Result Today.

I don't need to tell you more on them. :lol:

Enough said.

I think we got the message from the Russians when they did the same with China. Now they are complaining about losing business. Thats the risk of business. India will develop its own version of the Javelin and no more buying Javelins from U.S. eh?

Similarly in all these years didn't find any Russians, French, British or Israeli's complaining about India.

The US is trying to pry open India's defense sector to FDI and direct control by the foreign investor. Seppuku isn't in our nature but we love playing chicken. :cheesy:

I don't know much about anti-tank systems but I do know nothing comes close to Spike / Javelin.

Even if we assumed that the U.S. did what you said & created tremendous amount of bad blood, what do you think will happen? Let me hazard a guess... in about 18 months, give or take a few, DRDO (not withstanding its failure to produce a more modest one)will announce the trial of a "sophisticated" new anti tank missile probably called "son of Nag", equal or indeed superior to Spike & Javelin:azn:. Trials will be held & the Indian Army will be delighted with the DRDO's new missile and will place a large order with immediate effect. Everyone will be raving about the technological breakthrough that the DRDO was able to effect and how India has given the U.S. the finger etc. Some grumbling will be heard from "disgruntled" & "malcontent" individuals in America like, say, Death.By.Chocolate:P etc which refers to the almost uncanny resemblance & supposed performance of this new "Son of Nag" to the Spike....but Indian posters on forums like this will rubbish all such comments with...err.. more rubbish of their own......:lol:

End story:
India - 1; U.S. - 0. Funnily Israel which was not even supposed to be playing the match would have managed a goal. Hmmm....:whistle:

The US aren't idiots any such move would only hurt their long term interests. India doesn't like being told what to do. We can see the US has taken a much more pragmatic Line when it comes to India and defence ties- back in '08-'10 the US was pushing HARD for India to sign pacts such as CISMA,EUMA,LSA etc saying India wouldn't be allowed access to their best equipment without such signatures, now in 2012 India has on order from the US the most advanced MPA on the planet, the most advanced strategic lifter, the most advanced version of the deadliest attack helo, the latest and most advanced version of the heavy lift helo etc. And the US has gradually shifted away from the stance that India needs to sign such deals, the last time we even heard about it was from Leon Penetta earlier this year who said signing such deals wasn't essential and wasn't a priority for him. And on the back if his India is conducting FIFTY SIX joint military exercises with the US- more than the US trains with ANY nation!

The US isn't about to cut of their nose to spite their face- what's $1 BN USD in the long run? If they are told the Spike has won they'll concede no doubt. These aren't be petty Russians we are talking about- the Yanks are able to see the bigger picture. But it is possible the US comes back and plays by India's terms wrt TOT but this is remote as this would need Congressional authority.

Either way India gets a kick a$$ ATGM within the next 5 years.

+ little known fact for all of you- the Javelin is already in use by SOF and PARA (Airborne) units. But that's numbers are so small a FMS deal with no TOT took place with little waves. Got this from a little birdie in the know!

Very frustrating. I'm a big supporter of closer Indo-US ties & I believe that much of their defence equipment is superior to anything else on the market
Spike has range of 4 km vs 2.5 km for Javelin. Also Spike has update mode and compatible with heavy missiles like Spike-ER (8 km) and Spike-NLOS (25 km).

Any Isreali missile will have US tech...
Not really. Spike does not have any US technology.

The US aren't idiots any such move would only hurt their long term interests. India doesn't like being told what to do. We can see the US has taken a much more pragmatic Line when it comes to India and defence ties- back in '08-'10 the US was pushing HARD for India to sign pacts such as CISMA,EUMA,LSA etc saying India wouldn't be allowed access to their best equipment without such signatures, now in 2012 India has on order from the US the most advanced MPA on the planet, the most advanced strategic lifter, the most advanced version of the deadliest attack helo, the latest and most advanced version of the heavy lift helo etc. And the US has gradually shifted away from the stance that India needs to sign such deals, the last time we even heard about it was from Leon Penetta earlier this year who said signing such deals wasn't essential and wasn't a priority for him. And on the back if his India is conducting FIFTY SIX joint military exercises with the US- more than the US trains with ANY nation!

The US isn't about to cut of their nose to spite their face- what's $1 BN USD in the long run? If they are told the Spike has won they'll concede no doubt. These aren't be petty Russians we are talking about- the Yanks are able to see the bigger picture. But it is possible the US comes back and plays by India's terms wrt TOT but this is remote as this would need Congressional authority.

Either way India gets a kick a$$ ATGM within the next 5 years.

+ little known fact for all of you- the Javelin is already in use by SOF and PARA (Airborne) units. But that's numbers are so small a FMS deal with no TOT took place with little waves. Got this from a little birdie in the know!

India takes all plane as per their requirement in non-Strategic area where in even of US sanctions they will have minimum effect, its testing ground as from last 50 years US proved itself a non reliable partners

whts the hell is gong on this thread ... people always ready to jump over for the series of off topic discn :angry:

lets down to the topic ...ok in this above thread 81k missiles are mentioned are these include the ATGM which are used in BMPs and tanks or 4 the mechanized and armor brigades if it is true then let's count

IA uses a no of diff type of ATGM but i am taking the most known one

1--> Konkurs(russia)----15000(alrdy present) + 10000(recently ordered)-->25000
2-->invar(russia)------25000(recently ordered)
3--->MILAN(france)------------30000(alrdy present)
4---->MILAN2T(france)----------4100(ordered in 2009)
5----->NAG(india)-----------443
6-------> and now SPIKE(israel)-----24000
7-------> Kornet(russia)--------3000 (not sure so not including it)

if we sum up the first 6 we r getting a stockpile of more than 108000 ATGM... So whts the figure ?

Back
Top Bottom