What's new

Islamists abduct more than 100 girls from Nigeria school: Security official

No I'm not doing a disservice, what I said regarding worldwide violence is true and you're a bigot and liar. End of discussion.

Bigot and liar for calling out a terrorist organization for what they are?

Ending the discussion isn't going to change anyone's opinion, neither is not accepting the reality.

Bigot and liar for calling out a terrorist organization for what they are?

Ending the discussion isn't going to change anyone's opinion, neither is not accepting the reality.

Our discussion had nothing to do with a militant organization, otherwise it we wouldn't the discussing Islam. Everybody stands with the Muslim Nigerian army and condemns these brutal attacks. You're a bigot and a liar for insisting on conspiracies against Islam regarding violence in the African region over the past century.

There i said we are all terrorists. Isn't this what you want to prove? Islam is a religion of terror and violence. Now stroke your ego.
Meh !

You can go ahead and ask a question, we never denied such requests. However, what is being done is something drastically different. It's delegitimizing a world religion and it's very selective. Muslims are at the forefront of enormous criticism on a daily basis for several decades now so it's normal for Muslims to react with frustration as mainstream media encourages misinformation and selective slogans/hatred. If for example for the conflict in Myanmar mainstream media portrayed the situation as Buddhist on Muslim violence inspired by the Buddhist religion and millions of people accepted this portrayal you'd be outraged as a Buddhist.
I agree.. And its a continuous feedback loop. Did the extremist muslims come first or the generalization of their behavior as the representative behavior of Muslims. That's anyone's guess, but the extreme reactions that one gets to see from Muslims, specially in countries like Pakistan simply feeds into that perception. Kind of like a self fulfilling prophecy

Our discussion had nothing to do with a militant organization, otherwise it we wouldn't the discussing Islam. Everybody stands with the Muslim Nigerian army and condemns these brutal attacks. You're a bigot and a liar for insisting on conspiracies against Islam regarding violence in the African region over the past century.

What conspiracies? that Boko Haram is an Islamic terrorist organization that attacks western education schools and abducts and kills students in their classrooms - is that a conspiracy? - is it a conspiracy that they are driven by religion and their motive is to impose shariah law and education in Nigeria?

Boko Haram, which refers to itself as “Jama‘atu Ahl as-Sunnah li-Da‘awati wal-Jihad” (JASDJ; Group of the Sunni People for the Calling and Jihad) and “Nigerian Taliban”—other translations and variants are used—is a Nigeria-based group that seeks to overthrow the current Nigerian Government and replace it with a regime based on Islamic law. It is popularly known in Nigerian and Western media as “Boko Haram,” which means “Western education is forbidden” (the word boko is a holdover from the colonial English word for book). The group, which has existed in various forms since the late 1990s, suffered setbacks in July 2009 when clashes with Nigerian Government forces led to the deaths of hundreds of its members, including former leader Muhammad Yusuf.

In July 2010, Boko Haram’s former second-in-command, Abubakar Shekau, appeared in a video claiming leadership of the group and threatening attacks on Western influences in Nigeria. Later that month, Shekau issued a second statement expressing solidarity with al-Qa‘ida and threatening the United States. Under Shekau’s leadership, the group has continued to demonstrate growing operational capabilities, with an increasing use of improvised explosive device (IED) attacks against soft targets. The group set off its first vehicle-borne IED in June 2011. On 26 August 2011, Boko Haram conducted its first attack against a Western interest—a vehicle-bomb attack on UN headquarters in Abuja—killing at least 23 people and injuring more than 80. A purported Boko Haram spokesman claimed responsibility for the attack and promised future targeting of US and Nigerian Government interests.

Since late 2011, the group has conducted multiple attacks per week against a wide range of targets, including Christians, Nigerian security and police forces, the media, schools, and politicians. Since late 2012, Boko Haram and its splinter group Ansaru have claimed responsibility for three kidnappings of Westerners, raising their international profile and emphasizing the growing threat they pose to Western and regional interests. As of July 2013 Ansaru was holding a French hostage. Also in 2013, Boko Haram expanded its activity in neighboring countries and continues to clash with Nigerian military forces trying to oust it from northeastern Nigeria.

Meh !

I agree.. And its a continuous feedback loop. Did the extremist muslims come first or the generalization of their behavior as the representative behavior of Muslims. That's anyone's guess, but the extreme reactions that one gets to see from Muslims, specially in countries like Pakistan simply feeds into that perception. Kind of like a self fulfilling prophecy

An observing Muslim shouldn't give an extreme reaction, this really just depends on the person you're speaking to and there personality and knowledge on the subject. I'm not sure what you mean by Pakistan, first you were speaking of Muslim individuals. So I answered your question hopefully.

What conspiracies? that Boko Haram is an Islamic terrorist organization that attacks western education schools and abducts and kills students in their classrooms - is that a conspiracy? - is it a conspiracy that they are driven by religion and their motive is to impose shariah law and education in Nigeria?

That's not what I'm arguing over, I'm not arguing over a single organization. You said something completely different, and if you're here to play a game then enjoy it with yourself since I'll put you on ignore.

An observing Muslim shouldn't give an extreme reaction, this really just depends on the person you're speaking to and there personality and knowledge on the subject. I'm not sure what you mean by Pakistan, first you were speaking of Muslim individuals. So I answered your question hopefully.

That's not what I'm arguing over, I'm not arguing over a single organization. You said something completely different, and if you're here to play a game then enjoy it with yourself since I'll put you on ignore.

What games? what conspiracies? go bury your head in the sand like a dumb ostrich.

By saying Pakistan I was simply trying to highlight that the religious extremism is significantly higher in Pakistan, Afghanistan etc than in other Muslim majority countries and hence the visibility of those extreme reactions are more frequent and pronounced

Do you know how many different Islamic clerics exist? Hundreds of thousands, we no longer have a structure of a single supreme religious authority. Today, anybody could be a cleric and interpret things the way he sees it. If you want to talk about the past then cite specific examples, although I don't think they're needed for this discussion.
Ur logic is so not logical.
thr are also so many religious leaders in Jainism or Buddhism too why not even a single one of them wants to invade makka?

You are wasting your time with vicious Indian trolls who in real lives are sad little miserable, geeky and have low inferiority complex.

Not a single one of them have any knowledge of Islam. Most of these sad trolls can be found on anti Islam sites such as jihad watch. They just copy paste and parrot whatever they read on those websites.

Am I included in this list ? I swear I ain't a member of Jihad Watch and I closely follow and am inspired by the teachings of Sri Zaid Hamid. Please, please, please exclude me from those pathetic little,miserable,geeky, low inferiority complex Yindoos :D

Why do you bring religion into this? Religion does not order people to take violent actions over political/tribal struggles. These people kidnapped are Muslims, so why do you immediately seek to bash the Islamic religion again?

Because they are trolls, simple as bro. They have nothing to contribute here and use cheap one-liners to satisfy their quite dull days.

There is no root problem or cause, every situation is different in itself, you need to be specific. In which modern conflict do you believe Islam is responsible for? Could you be specific so we can at least understand you? You insist that there is a root cause although that doesn't mean it's true. How can you summarize centuries of history into an Islamic conspiracy? So colonialism had nothing to do with modern day tribal conflicts? So why is Rwanda in the state it is today? Was it not because of minority apartheid?
Meanwhile, you should just state it as violence, whether done through terrorist attacks or state sponsored destructive attacks it's all violence one way or another and it's all terrorism one way or another since modern day war strategies rely on causing shock to the civilian population and destruction to civilian infrastructure, this is equally as terrorist as terrorist attacks. So your assumption is more related to non state actors, however you rarely condemn or question state sponsored violence which is just as destructive. The reality is violence and conflict exists everywhere and it's not anything to do with religion irregardless of what is used as a pretext, whether it's religion, 'peace' , 'democracy', 'protecting interests' etc...

YAWN...

All I see excuses, excuses and more excuses. These terrorists like Bako Haram are called Islamists because that's what they claim to be and they intend to create Islamic states replacing the current system. Now you can go on and on about how that is not true Islam, but most of us don't really care what true Islam is. All we see Islamist militants killing people and abducting girls. You can either choose to be an ostrich and pretend that Islam (whatever version!!) has nothing to do with it or try and make a change. Islamic countries have one of the largest organizations OIC, why don't you take an initiative and try to educate people in your countries about non violent version of Islam? The other convenient option is of course blaming others just you did in the above post.

By saying Pakistan I was simply trying to highlight that the religious extremism is significantly higher in Pakistan, Afghanistan etc than in other Muslim majority countries and hence the visibility of those extreme reactions are more frequent and pronounced

Banned for eternity for no reason at all.

YAWN...

All I see excuses, excuses and more excuses. These terrorists like Bako Haram are called Islamists because that's what they claim to be and they intend to create Islamic states replacing the current system. Now you can go on and on about how that is not true Islam, but most of us don't really care what true Islam is. All we see Islamist militants killing people and abducting girls. You can either choose to be an ostrich and pretend that Islam (whatever version!!) has nothing to do with it or try and make a change. Islamic countries have one of the largest organizations OIC, why don't you take an initiative and try to educate people in your countries about non violent version of Islam? The other convenient option is of course blaming others just you did in the above post.

Banned for eternity for your creepy obsession with ostriches.

Fundamentalists of every religion are bad. If Christians starts following bible strictly then they will start killing non-christian like they use to do few centuries ago, Hindu will start killing their widows. Now Muslims are more religious than any other major religion, they are doing such act more than followers of any other religion.

The difference is that most people of other religions accepted their faults and brought changes either to their religion or social customs (like widow burning in India). That is the only way to solve any problem. The first step is to accept that there is a problem!!

Back
Top Bottom